CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest DonJamal
I tested it, and works. now proximity sensor don't switch sceen off or on (seems like sensor is "dead" while call is on) Now when i make a call, i press powerbutton and screen goes off (i do that because i accidentaly hang up calls by my cheek) and if i want to use dialpad i just press powerbutton again and screen goes on. and after call ofcourse. i am looking way to disable proximity sensor for months now, and this do it, so thanks :(

(i dont even want proximity issue to be fixed anymore, this way it more better to me)

ps, sorry my terrible bad english,

ure welcome :(

Guest Dark Man X
If u feel that your launcher is laggy - use Gingerbread Launcher by Steven Lin - so far best launcher from the ones I've been using (adw, launcher pro). And no laggy!

i know :(

but i love the launcher pro plus widgets :(

Guest Frankish
I tested it, and works. now proximity sensor don't switch sceen off or on (seems like sensor is "dead" while call is on) Now when i make a call, i press powerbutton and screen goes off (i do that because i accidentaly hang up calls by my cheek) and if i want to use dialpad i just press powerbutton again and screen goes on. and after call ofcourse. i am looking way to disable proximity sensor for months now, and this do it, so thanks :(

(i dont even want proximity issue to be fixed anymore, this way it more better to me)

ps, sorry my terrible bad english,

Surely this would break other sensors though? Does the rotation still work?

Guest DarrellK

I can bring the screen back after a call by holding my thumb over the proximity sensor and touching the power button. Doesn't work during a call, though.

Guest mELIANTE

So it only disables the sensor? Couldn't you just do that in system/etc/permissions, by deleting android.hardware.sensor.proximity.xml?

Guest DonJamal
I can bring the screen back after a call by holding my thumb over the proximity sensor and touching the power button. Doesn't work during a call, though.

R u on n15?

Guest DonJamal

rotation doesnt work 4me... but i guess the call is important than the screen rotation...4me

Edited by DonJamal

Guest The Soup Thief

This has worked for me and many others through nightlies 10+ (I had it on N8)

Latterly the prox sensor seems to have responded to this more quickly (on RC2 now and i just need to wave my thumb across it)

Interestingly, someone on the cyanogenmod issue tracker noted that if they had this screen-freeze, just waiting a few mins or so after the call resolved it - they were able then to reawaken the phone just by pushing the power button

Interestingly, someone on the cyanogenmod issue tracker noted that if they had this screen-freeze, just waiting a few mins or so after the call resolved it - they were able then to reawaken the phone just by pushing the power button

I found this too. After a call I thought the phone was dead and was about to remove the battery when it mysteriously came back to life. I was pushing the power button etc but all to no avail. Then about two minutes later my phone did a Lazarus (well, it didn't take up its bed and walk, but you get the idea). So maybe a "solution" (workaround) is simply to wait a few mins after a call (and hope the other person hangs up, since you can't do it yourself). :(

Guest Treacles

Dont think this has been mentioned, and can see why cos its not super important, but... When enabling USB mode, it always says "Turn Off USB Storage" even when the button is going to turn it on :( (It does still turn it on, probably just a typo or something?)

Guest The Soup Thief
I found this too. After a call I thought the phone was dead and was about to remove the battery when it mysteriously came back to life. I was pushing the power button etc but all to no avail. Then about two minutes later my phone did a Lazarus (well, it didn't take up its bed and walk, but you get the idea). So maybe a "solution" (workaround) is simply to wait a few mins after a call (and hope the other person hangs up, since you can't do it yourself). :(

Just like my mum always used to say, "stop meddling with it and it'll get better by itself!" :(

Guest naxuu

No. these files break rotation. So i go and restore backup, crap :/

Edit: it also break autobacklight

Edited by naxuu

Guest DonJamal
No. these files break rotation. So i go and restore backup, crap :/

but isnt it better that u can get and make calls normally then rotate the screen?

Guest naxuu
So it only disables the sensor? Couldn't you just do that in system/etc/permissions, by deleting android.hardware.sensor.proximity.xml?

i tried that, but no work :(

Guest DarrellK

Anyone tried this?

EDIT: oops, simultaneous posts - see above

Edited by DarrellK

Guest peterdalrymple
Dont think this has been mentioned, and can see why cos its not super important, but... When enabling USB mode, it always says "Turn Off USB Storage" even when the button is going to turn it on :( (It does still turn it on, probably just a typo or something?)

Mine used to say that on N13. I did a full wipe(data/cache/dalvik) when I went to N14 and it now works as it should.

Guest ppa123

My proximity sensor has worked flawlessly since going on N14 and also now on RC2, N12 was terrible. Wiped cache + dalvik on each flash. I've also replaced boot.img with the one from 2nd post.

Guest bugeyes
but isnt it better that u can get and make calls normally then rotate the screen?

Also breaks the compass, but the best fix for CM7 its finally useable (mostly!) thank you!

Guest gitly-git
Well blow me sideways! It seems to be working for me, after a fashion. Proximity sensor now no longer blanks the screen at all. Which is dandy as far as I'm concerned.

So initial impressions are good for me with N15 and this fix

Big thanks to you for this :(

Yes this does work, the screen now works as it should. Blanks and wakes when to and away from ear. Needed a reboot to work properly.

Guest Pelemane

Go to settings->accessibility and choose "Power button ends call". Then you can end call even if screen is dead. :(

Guest Treacles

Removing ROM manager from the ZIP did nothing at all o.O Still continued to install it :S

I also put some other apps straight into the ZIP but they as well didnt make any effect o.O

Guest Rotmann
Removing ROM manager from the ZIP did nothing at all o.O Still continued to install it :S

I also put some other apps straight into the ZIP but they as well didnt make any effect o.O

If you delete Rommanager.apk from the zip before flashing from /system/app it won't get installed (if it's already installed and you don't wipe or delete it, sure it will still be there). But don't bother, battery drain is roughly the same with it, disabling google analytics in the ROM Manager is good though. If you put some apks straight into the zip, they have to be signed to be installed, otherwise they will get ignored.