CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Yes it does, 3G means HSDPA too (also called 3.5G)

Ie it's automatically detect HDSPA accessibility and switch hardware to appropriate mode? But on other ROMs 2.1-2.2 in Settings present necessary switch and displays H icon in status bar. In CM7 i can't see nor Setting nor icon(

Edited by hood

Guest Rotmann
Ie it's automatically detect HDSPA accessibility and switch hardware to appropriate mode? But on other ROMs 2.1-2.2 in Settings present necessary switch and displays H icon in status bar. In CM7 i can't see nor Setting nor icon(

It detects if the antenna is HSDPA or 3G (UMTS). You may have to look at your APN if the H icon is not shown, it works for me, i have a big green H near the signal.

Go to settings->accessibility and choose "Power button ends call". Then you can end call even if screen is dead. :(

Thanks Pelemane. I didn't know that.

Guest supermies123

I wiped and installed CM7 RC2. Tried to install Steven Lin's Launcher but it said my device wasn't compatible with it.. wonder why...? My phone is ZTE Blade with TFT and 5MP camera. So I installed another launcher (don't remember which one). I would have stayed with RC2 if the screen wouldn't go blank after call. It's really annoying. When blank screen bug is fixed, it's usable rom for everyday use.

It detects if the antenna is HSDPA or 3G (UMTS). You may have to look at your APN if the H icon is not shown, it works for me, i have a big green H near the signal.

Something is wrong coz on MDC ROM i have working HDSPA if i select WCDMA Only support in Settings and i can see it with H icon in status bar. But on CM7 i cant' do that and see only 3G icon.

Guest Rotmann
I wiped and installed CM7 RC2. Tried to install Steven Lin's Launcher but it said my device wasn't compatible with it.. wonder why...? My phone is ZTE Blade with TFT and 5MP camera. So I installed another launcher (don't remember which one). I would have stayed with RC2 if the screen wouldn't go blank after call. It's really annoying. When blank screen bug is fixed, it's usable rom for everyday use.

Did you try the On Call End or the Dewonkificator?

Something is wrong coz on MDC ROM i have working HDSPA if i select WCDMA Only support in Settings and i can see it with H icon in status bar. But on CM7 i cant' do that and see only 3G icon.

Then it means that the modaco ROM showed H instead of 3G (UMTS 384 kbps). The modaco ROM was with the problem.

Then it means that the modaco ROM showed H instead of 3G (UMTS 384 kbps). The modaco ROM was with the problem.

I'm not sure that i can agree with that. H icon appears only when will be surf and then switch to 3G when it will be inactive. No i definitely can't agree with that. And this can be prove with some tools to define connection speed and Network type.

But i need to think twice again... to ponder ur answer... And i need to correct one thing - this be RSL ROM not MDC. Anyway it's not only icon thing but speed. I can try to prove it.

Edited by hood

Guest martinkenney

Anyone else had an issue with the Music player Splitting Albums and showing the album several times with only a couple of tracks in each. Does not do it on any other Rom but has on this since N11.

Guest Rotmann
I'm not sure that i can agree with that. H icon appears only when will be surf and then switch to 3G when it will be inactive. No i definitely can't agree with that. And this can be prove with some tools to define connection speed and Network type.

But i need to think twice again... to ponder ur answer... And i need to correct one thing - this be RSL ROM not MDC. Anyway it's not only icon thing but speed. I can try to prove it.

You can set in the framework if it shows 3G, 3G+ or H. It's only an icon and not the actual status of the network. On CM7, if I am in an UMTS zone, it always shows 3G, if I am in an HSDPA zone, it always shows H, no mater if I download or not. You can use SpeedTest from the market to test internet speeds in modaco and CM7, you will see that the speeds are similar. If you don't get over 384 kbps download speed, it's just UMTS/simple 3G. You can check the status of the network in Settings-About phone-status. You will see there if it's GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, or HSDPA.

Rotmann

I understand ur answer but i swear that on RLS in same network and sim-card i have HDSPA mode but on CM7 i have UMTS for know. I can make screenshots but what this will be change? As i read CM7 crew not really care about it for my sorrow(

Edited by hood

Guest Rotmann
Rotmann

I understand ur answer but i swear that on RLS in same network and sim-card i have HDSPA mode but on CM7 i have UMTS for know. I can make screenshots but what this will be change? As i read CM7 crew not really care about it for my sorrow(

Make some tests with SpeedTest from the market on CM7 and then on modaco, I bet you won't get over 384 kbps. I assume you flashed CM7 as you should with wipe/format system and did not restore system settings.

does anyone know about the 5mb pixel camera issue? has it fixed? cause it was b&w.

It is fixed, no more B&W. But I think autofocus does not work properly.

Make some tests with SpeedTest from the market on CM7 and then on modaco, I bet you won't get over 384 kbps. I assume you flashed CM7 as you should with wipe/format system and did not restore system settings.

I correctly flash ROM. Ok tomorrow i'll do Speed test and screenshot and post here.

I only ever see the 3g icon too, but i get hsdpa speeds (up to 2mbit down / 384k up). I got H or 3G+ icons on other roms. It's just the icon that's wrong, the speeds are just the same.

Guest Rotmann
I only ever see the 3g icon too, but i get hsdpa speeds (up to 2mbit down / 384k up). I got H or 3G+ icons on other roms. It's just the icon that's wrong, the speeds are just the same.

On what ROM are you? That's strange, maybe something went wrong?

On what ROM are you? That's strange, maybe something went wrong?

CM7, still on nightly 13, but it's been like that since I think nightly 6, which is when I first tried cm7, not sure if it was fixed in a recent update.

Guest DarrellK
CM7, still on nightly 13, but it's been like that since I think nightly 6, which is when I first tried cm7, not sure if it was fixed in a recent update.

I have seen the "H" icon on RC2

Guest BigD18t

i used to get the H icon on all the nightly's, havent looked to see if i get it on rc2 yet, and the phone needs charging now so il look in the morning.

Guest Rotmann

Now that's strange, I have seen H on N14, and on RC1 and some other nightlies I have tried, but the Blade is at testing right now on RC2, no SIM in it, I will report if I have 3G too.

Anyway, for people wanting to DISABLE ONLY THE PROXIMITY SENSOR and not breaking all the sensors like the Honeycomb method does, here's a workaround from the master himself, Tom_G:

deleting /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.sensor.proximity.xml will disable the prox sensor and make it function like a phone that doesnt have one. all other sensors will be uneffected

The proximity sensor will not dim the screen anymore, you can do that with the power button and wake it on MENU or HOME or BACK. The other sensors will work. If Tom does not repair the proximity issue in the next days, he said he might delete it himself from the releases, untill we get a fix.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest ootyposoo

Tell me please 8 hours of constant use with 4 and a half hous wifi connection and 15 mins of angry birds on rc2 is it OK?

Edited by ootyposoo

Guest Rotmann
Tell me please 8 hours of constant use with 4 and a half hous wifi connection about birds mins angry birds battery and battery 20 % is ok?

w000t :(

If you have played angry birds and were on wifi 4,5 hours, if you lost 20% in 8 hours that's a miracle, if you went 100->20% that's normal, froyo wouldn't have done it better. CM7 stinks when it comes to pure idle battery drain.

Guest naxuu
Now that's strange, I have seen H on N14, and on RC1 and some other nightlies I have tried, but the Blade is at testing right now on RC2, no SIM in it, I will report if I have 3G too.

Anyway, for people wanting to DISABLE ONLY THE PROXIMITY SENSOR and not breaking all the sensors like the Honeycomb method does, here's a workaround from the master himself, Tom_G:

The proximity sensor will not dim the screen anymore, you can do that with the power button and wake it on MENU or HOME or BACK. The other sensors will work. If Tom does not repair the proximity issue in the next days, he said he might delete it himself from the releases, untill we get a fix.

Allready tried that and it doesen't work. Proximity sensor still put screen off. "Honeycomp method" work, but breaks autobacklight, rotation and compass.

Guest farfa
I wiped and installed CM7 RC2. Tried to install Steven Lin's Launcher but it said my device wasn't compatible with it..

I have the same problem but "+" version works (and very well, it's very smoothy but I prefer stay in ADW launcher for all this options of personalization despite of his lag; I advice you to pay to try, you have 15 minutes to have an opinion :()

Regarding to the problem with calling ... personnaly, I have not with nightly 15.