CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Hm.

I wonder, but only 3% loss from battery life overnight. :(

I'am using RC2 and kernel patch from 2nd post.

Someone confirm me?

This night I lost 9% in ca. 6 hours, without the tweaked boot.img

Guest Rotmann
does the screen remain blank after calls stille im a poor pay as u go student and i dont want to experiment :(

At some people it does, some people solve it by trying the Dewonkificator or the On End Call. You can call a free number or your voice mail to test, no need to pay. And with End button behavior set to end the call in Settings-Accesibility, you can hang up it the screen refuses to wake up immediately.

Anyway, tried 11 hours airplane mode without SD card as it could have been a possible cause, did not solve anything, 1,5% per hour battery drain still there. I deleted the akmd2 and the sensor libs now to test for another 12 hours. Next step I think is to delete the RIL and test :(

does the screen remain blank after calls stille im a poor pay as u go student and i dont want to experiment :(

Sometimes ... covering the proximity sensor & uncovering it again a few times usually seems to bring it back on.

I think we have found a fix though, just last night, by accident. I only tested it on a short call to check my credit, but the proximity sensor worked 100% as it should to turn the screen on when its not near your ear & off again when it's at your ear, i tried it a few times, i was shocked.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...tal-cm7-kernel/

Edited by wbaw

Guest shakerist

thanks, forgot to mention something more important i was having problems with my dual sim adapter it wouldnt switch at all in sim tool kit i press sim 2 and the little loading thing at the top will just keep spinning and spinning that was why i went back to jj

thanks, forgot to mention something more important i was having problems with my dual sim adapter it wouldnt switch at all in sim tool kit i press sim 2 and the little loading thing at the top will just keep spinning and spinning that was why i went back to jj

no idea if that is fixed or not, i don't have one. if you want to get it fixed, then you'd better install rc2 try it out & post a logcat to the cyanogen bug tracker if it still doesn't work. you might be one of the only people using a dual sim adaptor with cm7, so you'll have to do your bit to see it get fixed.

at least we've found a fix for the screen not coming back on as it should during & after calls, it should be officially fixed soon i think.

Guest ufoman

I've found another little typo, now in /init.blade.rc:

There is a line which reads:

chmod 0770 /ddev/pm_monitor

in the 'Permissions for ril' section, while it obviously should be:

chmod 0770 /dev/pm_monitor

I doubt that is has anything to do with battery drain, but still... someone's keyboard was definitely flaky :(

Then it means that the modaco ROM showed H instead of 3G (UMTS 384 kbps). The modaco ROM was with the problem.

Well maybe i am wrong so i post screenshot. How can i get that speed on UMTS network? I think something wrong in CM7 for my sorrow. Or i still something don't understand(

post-336826-1299750865_thumb.png

post-336826-1299750958_thumb.png

Edited by hood

Guest Rotmann
Well maybe i am wrong so i post screenshot. How can i get that speed on UMTS network? I think something wrong in CM7 for my sorrow. Or i still something don't understand(

You were right, the icon is false, it should be H. On all nightlies N14 inclusive I had H, can't test now on RC2 because I am doing some idle tests.

@ People still encountering proximity problems, you should try t0mm13b's kernel and tick "Always use proximity" in Settings-Call settings, it seems to be fixed!

Edited by Rotmann

Guest Frankish

Just for the record. I always have H symbol on all nightlies that i've tried so far. Occasionally switches to G but mostly H. So it does work.

You were right, the icon is false, it should be H. On all nightlies N14 inclusive I had H, can't test now on RC2 because I am doing some idle tests.

So how can i deliver this information to developers? I'm afraid my ugly english will confuse them =[

Just for the record. I always have H symbol on all nightlies that i've tried so far. Occasionally switches to G but mostly H. So it does work.

For now i don't know what to do=(

Guest Rotmann
So how can i deliver this information to developers? I'm afraid my ugly english will confuse them =[

What version of CM7 do you have? Did you restore system apps or settings with Titanium?

Edited by Rotmann

What version of CM7 do you have?

RC2 but i get this trouble on whole line from RC1 to Nightly12 (i dosn't try 14 and 15 nightly).

Did you restore system apps or settings with Titanium?

No i don't use Titanium backup at all.

Edited by hood

I get exactly the same results as you, between nightly 6 & 13 & your english seems fine, they should understand with those screenshots.

I'm on Orange UK, connection is displayed as 3g / umts, speed is around 2mbit down, 384k up.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Rotmann
RC2 but i get this trouble on whole line from RC1 to Nightly12 (i dosn't try 14 and 15 nightly).

No i don't use Titanium backup at all.

I get exactly the same results as you, between nightly 6 & 13 & your english seems fine, they should understand with those screenshots.

I'm on Orange UK, connection is displayed as 3g / umts, speed is around 2mbit down, 384k up.

Then it seems that CM7 shows for some networks 3G, although it's HSDPA, that's why some users report seeing H. I think you could open an issue, but it's just an icon problem, would not bother me too much as the speed is definitely HSDPA!

Yeah, the speed is the same as I ever got, it seems to be just a small cosmetic bug, it might be different for people using different networks.

Guest themighysquitt

Hi, I'm just about to install RC2. I just wanted to know if I unzip this ROM could I add google apps (from FLB-Froyo) ie Maps, Market, Gmail, Facebook & Youtube to the app folder? As I don't like using the set up wizzard!!

Thanx

Guest targetbsp
Hi, I'm just about to install RC2. I just wanted to know if I unzip this ROM could I add google apps (from FLB-Froyo) ie Maps, Market, Gmail, Facebook & Youtube to the app folder? As I don't like using the set up wizzard!!

Thanx

I don't know... but the gapps installer isn't part of the setup wizard - it's a seperate app where you just tick or untick things you want. Also it includes behind the scenes stuff you need like google services framework so I think you need it.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Qwertzycoatl
You can watch here

Certainly looks like it works really well....wasn't the issue more to do with 2minute+ calls though?

I'll test this tonight I think :( only thing keeping me from CM7 was the proximity issue :(

Thanks for sharing that :)

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

Affirmative.

Just a shot in the dark - can this be related to the theme in use, or do all themes provide the H ?