CM7 Nightlies Topic [Nightly 28- 21/03/2011]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest jbfyou
could be just wishful thinking

but there seems to be improvement in video recording in N18.

In all the nightly builds ive tried video recording was a little distorted

And camera zoom working better.

I cant say im seeing improvement in proximity sensor,as the first call i had blacked screen and ended up pulling battery

as i could find no way to wake

I can confirm that N18 brakes again the proximity sensor with or without "always use..." checked.

Going back to N17 where i had instant screen wakeup

Guest DonJamal
I can confirm that N18 brakes again the proximity sensor with or without "always use..." checked.

wow thats good news :S :D when will they fix it normally...when u have nothing to do to get it work

Edited by DonJamal

Guest skull_fcuk
they look brilliant for the blade! Have you done the back cover mod to improve the camera further? It's the one that involves cutting out the camera window.

Nope, no hard mods, just juicy N17 :D. I'm really impressed with the plethora of adjustments available for this ROMs camera. Plenty of things to fiddle with when photographising :(.

and yes, there's still snow here in Scotland. I'm on the North East coast, and it's just returned with avengance. Was bigging this phone up to my Dad today, just can't get over all the things it can do, especially with this ROM. I almost want to feel sorry for people paying through the nose for contract phones like the HTC's and iPhones.

Guest whatcolour

n19 looks to be near perfect, couldn't wait so have built myself one.

everything looks promising so far, doesn't have to move AB to phone anymore which is great! have to change options for proximity to work but fairly easy to do (would be great if can be made default though). will know about battery life tomorrow morning too.

Guest JimJam707
n19 looks to be near perfect, couldn't wait so have built myself one.

everything looks promising so far, doesn't have to move AB to phone anymore which is great! have to change options for proximity to work but fairly easy to do (would be great if can be made default though). will know about battery life tomorrow morning too.

Could you be awesome and upload it?

I can't wait until tomorrow :D

Guest sudoeste

New changes fixed the notification led and battery is, apparently, better.

Proximity sensor is still a bit on the slow side, but appears to be better.

Guest Scoopading
Let us know how your battery performs from 89 and lower. Measuring battery use from 100% is not a very good indication. Although I recognise its still an improvement for you!

As I already stated in more detail (here http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...&p=1629525) under CM7 the battery behaves in a fairly linear fashion between 98% and about 40%, in terms of drain. The loss may continue being linear below that level, but it'd take more than 24hrs on standby to reach that stage. So you can measure the battery just fine from 98% on down, and I've confirmed that under multiple tests during the last 2 weeks. Not sure where you're getting 89% from? :D

What's not linear is how Android likes to report battery levels. It will often drop the level in 2 or 3% chunks, sometimes maybe even more. Since the average loss on CM7 was roughly 1.75% per hour (of standby) it means you couldn't really reliably measure things hour to hour since it'll sometimes tell you the battery level is the same for 2 hours before dropping it by 3% five minutes later! It requires measuring it over a longer time period and averaging the drops.

Note that I say the loss "was" roughly 1.75%. This new kernel is currently chugging along on a 1% loss after almost 6 hours of standby! It's too early to say if it's fixed the problem for sure, but it's looking really good because no CM7 kernel has manage to lose so little for this long!..

So (hopefully not jinxing it :( ) it looks like the drain is finally fixed!! :( :D B) B)

Guest The Soup Thief
This is off topic but isnt
the blade.

'Tis indeed

This has been mentioned in quite a few posts - from memory I think it was fabled to be the first blade to be launched with a legit version of 2.2 (could be wrong here) but as I see from the clip, it's launching w eclair afterall :(

reviewer really seems to like it :D

Guest Quirin
Hi Rotmann would need a short clarification, if you wouldn't mind, since I see you have the same flag like me:

Is "In Call UI" "Bildschirm anlassen" in the German menu?

"In Call UI" is stated in german as "Touch Tastatur", not "Bildschirm anlassen"!

Guest chimas

Okay I have the n18 installed but I haven't really used it yet. and I have been reading alot of mixed reviews. Can someone please outline for me the things that are fixed or still broken.

Also Thanks for the awesome rom. (dont think I have said it.) And please tolerate our nagging. we mean well.

Guest Rotmann
Let us know how your battery performs from 89 and lower. Measuring battery use from 100% is not a very good indication. Although I recognise its still an improvement for you!

Almost 22 hours now, I am at 89% but I used the phone a little, fiddled with some settings and a little wifi, but 99% of the time in idle, no data or apps. Just normal 3G/GSM. I will install apps and start using it as a smartphone starting with N19 if everything works well. The new kernel definitely solves the battery drain problem

Have they fixed the battery lasting 2 hours?

In the next nightly

Did you restart?

"In Call UI" is stated in german as "Touch Tastatur", not "Bildschirm anlassen"!

Thanks for correcting this, I had the phone in English as I was testing.

Okay I have the n18 installed but I haven't really used it yet. and I have been reading alot of mixed reviews. Can someone please outline for me the things that are fixed or still broken.

Also Thanks for the awesome rom. (dont think I have said it.) And please tolerate our nagging. we mean well.

Have you actually tried reading the first post? :D

Edited by Rotmann

Guest Tom G
Also, some interesting lines found in the newest commits:

-	write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate 20000	 	

-	write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold 76	

-	write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/down_threshold 60

+	write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate 500000

+	write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold 90

+	write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/down_threshold 30

Or basically, dramatically increase the sampling rate of the ondemand governor, which is basically what you should be running the phone on. I don't know if that is a good thing (more samples= quicker scaling of the CPU) or a bad thing (More samples= increased load to monitor the CPU)

Those are the default values from the ZTE roms. When I started the port I based it on work I had done on the Huawei U8220 and forgot to change the governor values. I doubt these make much difference but they should make no difference to standby battery use (the governor wont be going anything when its sleeping), they may make the phone a little more responsive when in use.

My testing hasn't shown any bad effects from them and the boot.img Rotmann was testing for me had these values in and was getting very good battery use.

I don't think any of the recent changes have made it into N18 except the audio routing fix for the headset (not for the SIP routing problem).

Guest Smiff2
....The new kernel definitely solves the battery drain problem

oooh mummy. someone please provide a single package with this all in ready to flash (with Clockwork 2508 preferably?) and i'm installin' :D

perhaps a tpt install to do the partitioning to 128MB also? since that's enough to roll back to JJ/FLB afaik. in case, you know, there's some other showstopper..

edit: or if this is going to show up in a nightly in next few days of course we can wait :(

Edited by Smiff2

Guest shakerist

lol i flashed n18 thinking that it fixed battery life :D cnt wait for n19 where battery will hopefully be fixed and it will be the perfect rom !!

Guest chimas
lol i flashed n18 thinking that it fixed battery life :D cnt wait for n19 where battery will hopefully be fixed and it will be the perfect rom !!

+1

and according to reports some of the fixed problem seems to have come undone. As a programmer myself I understand full well how these things could happen.

@rotmann I have read the first post and it says nothing about N18.

Guest marcodassi

Hello people

I'm having problem with GPS, like those mentioned here:

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...il?id=2090#c144

Now I'm using N17 and N18, and, as far as I can remember, GPS worked OK 'till N15 (surely worked for over 3 hours on RC1/N8 on a 320+ km trip)

Anyone else?

peace,

- Marco

Edited by marcodassi

Guest sudoeste

TomG: There's a problem with the led notification. It works ok, but after some time it stays always green even if theres nothing new.