An experimental CM7 Kernel

Guest t0mm13b

Ok,

Heads up, this is a refresh, all debugging/unnecessary logging is stripped out of it... (heh! all your logging base belongs to us :))

so I would be inclined to think it should speed it up slightly... :(

Once we get satisfaction from users on their experience with this update then we'll use this as the base configuration to fix up other issues, and perhaps integrate andorko's FM radio ..... :(

Now, a simple matter of flashing via clockwork and all should be good to go... ;)

Cheers. ;)

doesn't work on clockwork v3.0.0.5, something about the update script no longer being supported. Can i not just extract the boot.img and load that ?

EDIT: just noticed there's a lib entry as well. I'll insert that also via adb or root explorer and then reboot.

Edited by xzyk

Guest Comas

for applications such as running, navigon, agry... is also a priority to there is still much to do to give priority to whatever it is, anyway, great work here to, thank you for the effort.

Guest Rotmann
Well, this past week, I've more-or-less had the Blade constantly on standby testing CM7! So I learned more about this stuff than I'd care to or ever want to again!! :( ...

+1, I have noticed exactly the same symptoms while testing.

Latest stuff I have done is to let it for 12 hours without a card or with the sensors libs deleted, nothing helped untill now. I have a new kernel to test now from Tom_G, it's the stock RC2 kernel but with some CPU scaling settings included he left away then, they made a big battery consumption difference on the Pulse, I am gonna test it tonight maybe it will work on the Blade too.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest stephen m
Hi

I have just installed this and it did not fix the sensor. So I tried again this time wiping cache and dalvik cache I also unticked and re ticked always use prox sensor and yipee working perfectly :) . Many thanks for your hard work.

Ps not bothered about battery life as phone is charged every night. :(

I can also comfirm this method works. :( Likewise, thanks for your efforts

Edited by stephen m

Guest surfatwork

Thanks very much for this updated bootimage. however the latest (update 2) doesnt flash via Clockwork 3. something about deprecated scripts being used. please do have a look when you can.

Guest targetbsp
Thanks very much for this updated bootimage. however the latest (update 2) doesnt flash via Clockwork 3. something about deprecated scripts being used. please do have a look when you can.

Same. It's a bit unfortunate that a fix for CM7 requires a version of CW sufficiently old that we can't possibly have it to have successfully installed CM7. :(

In general, thanks very much for all this stuff though. I mean no dis-respect by the above. The irony just amused me. :(

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Rotmann

Same. It's a bit unfortunate that a fix for CM7 requires a version of CW sufficiently old that we can't possibly have it to have successfully installed CM7. :(

In general, thanks very much for all this stuff though. I mean no dis-respect by the above. The irony just amused me. :(

He's working at it.

Guest Drakedian

Anyone can confirm that the wired headset issue solved ?

Last time i made a call, and i had no sound at all at the HS.

Thanks in advance

Guest Rotmann
then I'm sorry .. trying to continue :(

It seems it's broken, sorry. Wait for the next update (should be tonight) or flash the first version till it comes (post no.6, wbaw's one).

Guest Blues003

"doesn't work on clockwork v3.0.0.5, something about the update script no longer being supported."

Happens to me as well. Can't flash the file.

Guest domdom43
I had some problems with the new kernel, WiFi would not work. I suggest to be aware of this!

I have just flashed the new kernel : t0mm13b_update2_signed.zip ( 2.78MB ) and wifi don't work.

New kernel is smaller than olders! some modules are missing?

Guest t0mm13b
Wifi doesnt work in V2 here either. just errors.

Bladers, please... read the first post, I updated it to reflect that I am aware of the wifi issue... :( will get this sorted out asap...

Guest DarrellK

Just flashed v1, needed reboot after making the necessary change in call settings, and is now working great. Many thanks. I will check functionality again in the morning, after the phone has been asleep all night!

"doesn't work on clockwork v3.0.0.5, something about the update script no longer being supported."

Happens to me as well. Can't flash the file.

use 3.0.0.6, i used the cm7 update script to base it on, so it'll work with the cm clockwork 3.0.0.6 which you need for cm7.

Guest css771

With these config options set, what happens if we remove the proximity wakelock code that tom had added? because if proximity works without it, we could remove those lines since they may be causing wakelocks. In spare parts, the sensor usage is still huge.

EDIT: Scratch that. It appears the proximity wakelock during call is still needed. Tested it out on a kernel, and did not happen to work.

EDIT2: Built another kernel with some debugging stuff removed and updated with the latest changes made by tomg to the source.

And now proximity sensor seems to work perfectly only with "Always use proximity sensor" unchecked. wifi seems to work. No idea about impact on battery, if any. Needs more testing.

Any reports on better battery life with this kernel? Now that's been a little longer since you have it.

There has been no wakelocks but battery life seems about the same. No change. Maybe it's the RIL coz cell standby is always at the top. I've not trimmed it down the way tomm13b has. Still has some stuff left in. So it's not the same kernel.

Edited by css771

Guest Rotmann

Any reports on better battery life with this kernel? Now that's been a little longer since you have it.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest t0mm13b

Cannot confirm nor deny!

The other thing that crossed my mind, try increase the wifi scanning from default of 15 to 60...? There's a property in there somewhere to set that IIRC....

Please check my first posting, now that I've shared my insights for everyone to read... will keep you posted :D

Guest ThrashMan

What are you trying to do when building a new kernel?

(Besides removing some debug routines which might be wasting a few CPU cycles)

Are you trying to add better driver support to the kernel?

Guest t0mm13b
What are you trying to do when building a new kernel?

(Besides removing some debug routines which might be wasting a few CPU cycles)

Are you trying to add better driver support to the kernel?

The answer is quite simple - build in the proximity fix into the code, did switch off debugging crapola, wifi broken, wash, rinse, repeat, have been wasting a few cpu cycles trying to determine why wifi fails to load... :D and my first posting speaks my thoughts...about the wifi module that is... :(