[Kernel] CM7 experimental branch

Guest bl1nk

Guest spychodelics

did flash the kernel, working fine, app drawer is smoother,

but proximity sensor issue is there and seems like nothing will fix it.

ive ticked the "always use proximity" but even if i call for 50 sec or less,

if screen turns black, there is no getting it working again.

but thanks anyway bl1nk, appreciate your work.

Guest Rotmann

For people still having problems with the proximity sensor, you have to restart after you tick "Always use proximity". Anyway I've done some testing myself, ticking "Always use proximity" and restarting solves the problem in CM7 and N15 with standard kernel too.

Guest Frankish
For people still having problems with the proximity sensor, you have to restart after you tick "Always use proximity". Anyway I've done some testing myself, ticking "Always use proximity" and restarting solves the problem in CM7 and N15 with standard kernel too.

Strange that i never restarted but it worked for me as far as i remember.

Guest Rotmann
Strange that i never restarted but it worked for me as far as i remember.

It worked for me without restarting too, but I unticked it to test some more, it did not react properly, then ticked it again and it didn't react properly untill I restarted. That's why I recommended that.

Guest surfatwork

angry birds working smoothly for me too, on phone though. Lost 17% battery in 8 hrs, with wifi set to Never and Zero use overnight. just an observation - I know battery probably depends more on the cyanogen team.

Edited by surfatwork

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

I know battery life wasn't a concern here, but the recent stuff is the worst I've had. 14 wakelocks last night, vs. The usual one

Guest Ron=)
What exactly does this Kernel do? and what benefits are there to it?

as in what is this ck2 patch and BFQ thing?

What modifications t0mm13b made did you include and what ones did you make?

^ I'm still waiting for that to be answered.

Guest bl1nk
bl1nk : Did you submit your kernel patches to CM7 Team? : (BFQ and the ck2 patchset including BFS )

I am, more or less, in the CM7 Team. Those patches just became part of the official experimental branch and I'll update this topic every time something important changed. :D

Guest bl1nk
What does a smartass governor do?

Smartass governor: based on the concept of the “interactive governor” but a little more responsive, Smartass will also cap the clock speed at a minimum whilst the screen is off thus eliminating the need for “sleep profiles”.

Guest bl1nk
So it's safe to assume all latest fixes are included that are in Toms github right now? Plus other bits you add?

Yes, because this is built from Toms GitHub. :D

I will try to keep up with all fixes from the stable branch, adding all changes from the experimental branch.

Guest elinx
Yes, because this is built from Toms GitHub. :D

I will try to keep up with all fixes from the stable branch, adding all changes from the experimental branch.

Great, but what is about the difference in time with your kernel and the CM7 one, as I understand it is build from same source.

Only a few nights or a complete RC release time?

I know yours is experimental, but aren't the nightlies also?

Guest bl1nk
Great, but what is about the difference in time with your kernel and the CM7 one, as I understand it is build from same source.

Only a few nights or a complete RC release time?

I know yours is experimental, but aren't the nightlies also?

Nightlies get compiled from the stable kernel branch

Edited by bl1nk

Guest elinx
Nightlies get compiled from the stable kernel branch

Thanks, but I referred to this:

.....Tested changes in this kernel will be merged to the stable branch in the future, what means that they will be included in future nightlies.....

Experimental does imo mean, it is possible that it become integrated and merged.

That is why I asked for the timedifference in the first place