[Kernel] CM7 experimental branch

Guest bl1nk

Guest Scoopading
Nice work.

feels definitely a bit more snappy and responsive, especially the appdrawer (ADW).

Yes, I agree. Anyone complaining about the smoothness of the app drawer animation (particularly with ADW) should give this experimental branch kernel a try..

The smartass governor could maybe help to a further improve battery performance too.

Thanks bl1nk :D

Guest bl1nk

This isn't just my work, thank everyone behind CM7 :D

Thanks, but I referred to this:

Experimental does imo mean, it is possible that it become integrated and merged.

That is why I asked for the timedifference in the first place

There's no timetable when what will happen. If these features are tested enough they get merged.

The smartass governor is merged already... just as an example.

Edited by bl1nk

Guest bl1nk
Thanks for the new update, saw some nice changes there and just about to compile one myself :D

All changes till now are in v5, no need to compile it on your own

I'm on FLB-Froyo R9 ROM, and I want to install this 'update' also. Here are the steps I took:

copied the V5 version to SD card, rebooted in Clockwork, updated it, i saw it was succesfull. Deleted the Dalvik cache and wipe cache. Rebooted the phone and now I'm stuck:

The only thing I see is the green Android puppet. Even after taking the battery out, and waited for over 10 min, still no progress. Still seeing the Android puppet.....

How to solve this???

Guest mannas
I'm on FLB-Froyo R9 ROM, and I want to install this 'update' also. Here are the steps I took:

copied the V5 version to SD card, rebooted in Clockwork, updated it, i saw it was succesfull. Deleted the Dalvik cache and wipe cache. Rebooted the phone and now I'm stuck:

The only thing I see is the green Android puppet. Even after taking the battery out, and waited for over 10 min, still no progress. Still seeing the Android puppet.....

How to solve this???

this isn't for froyo. this kernel is for cm7 which is gingerbread

Guest Ufufu

How to solve this???

Hope you got a Nandroid backup; if so, boot into ClockworkMod and restore. Otherwise, maybe you can try reflashing FLB R9 without wiping your data.

You're on FLB, why did you go and install a kernel marked "CM7"? :S

Hope you got a Nandroid backup; if so, boot into ClockworkMod and restore. Otherwise, maybe you can try reflashing FLB R9 without wiping your data.

You're on FLB, why did you go and install a kernel marked "CM7"? :S

..... not readed very well........

I thought it could also be usefull for this ROM....I have a backup and will restore.....thnx for your reply!

Guest superkryo

I got stuck on the green robot after installing old school a2sd. Is it supported? Any chance of adding it if not? Cheers.

Edit: works actually after a longer wait. Thanks.

Edited by superkryo

I got massive shut down problems with the latest kernel v5. In less than 2 hours, my phone got 3 times shut down, but no reboot. When I went back to kernel v4 the shutdowns didn't occur anymore.

Can anyone confirm this strange behaviour, or is it just my kind of luck?

Guest targetbsp

I've not had any such problems.

[edit]

Having said that I just had my first ever coming off charge reboot. That is listed as a Cm7 bug though so I dunno. :S

Edited by targetbsp

Guest burstlam
I got massive shut down problems with the latest kernel v5. In less than 2 hours, my phone got 3 times shut down, but no reboot. When I went back to kernel v4 the shutdowns didn't occur anymore.

Can anyone confirm this strange behaviour, or is it just my kind of luck?

+1 unknown system error and I find that the temp rise in upper- back side

running with smartass governor

[edit] screen lock up issue appear much more with similar usage, compare with v4 .

I believe there is something wrong with the N20&21. roll back to nandroid backup of n19

and everything backs to normal again

Edited by burstlam

Guest gameSTICKER

Hi bl1nk, I'd like to make a request...

Until CM7 is stable enough for everyday use, can you please bring your additions to existing Froyo kernels, like JJ9's kernel? Development of Froyo ROMs have been stabilized/stopped so it should be a one time work. Please let us know what do you think of this :D

Guest bl1nk
any chanche of a 2.6.3x kernel Bl1nk?

great work BTW, things feel a bit snappier with this kernel

Will be our next task, first get everything right with .32 :D

Edited by bl1nk

Guest shadowninty
Will be our next task, first get everything right with .32 :D

ah, i got so excited thinking this was 2.6.3x :( still awesome tho

What are the benefits (apart from native tethering)

Guest bl1nk
New source for WiFi driver was committed like 10 minutes ago...

I won't update anything until Wednesday. Writing exams. :D The new wifi driver shouldn't change anything

Guest jurrasstoil
I won't update anything until Wednesday. Writing exams. :D The new wifi driver shouldn't change anything

oh boy... you should have said thursday.