Japanese Jellyfish - Remixed, Refreshed

Guest Len Ash

Guest Len Ash
weird, it seems so, but another does too. Presume it is a Megaupload site temporary problem - 72 downloads so far on that file alone.

Try later?

EDIT - I've hot the download limit - will upgrade... bear with me.

Try now, I've just spent my beer allowance...!

Guest Len Ash
DL is running!

Cheers mate :(

No probs, seems the bog standard MU account only allows 1 DL at a time, and caps the total DL in a day to ?

All unlimited now...! :D

Guest HaBa12

It seems like everything is working!

But there are many apps in it I won's use => is it save to delete the .apk-files, rezip and install? Or are there any guides who this has to be done?

Guest Len Ash
It seems like everything is working!

But there are many apps in it I won's use => is it save to delete the .apk-files, rezip and install? Or are there any guides who this has to be done?

That's fine, just be careful what you delete. If you want to list the apps you don't want, I can advise... let you know what they are called and then ....

Edited by Len Ash

Guest HaBa12
That's fine, just be careful what you delete. If you want to list the apps you don't want, I can advise... let you know what they are called and then ....

I only deleted the quite obvious ones :D, e.g. facebook, engadget and so on.

I like the astro-file-manager (used it before), so i think the ?montago? (I have the files @home, so don't be completly shure about that name) should be left in.

May I send you a PM with the files I want to delete and you tell me if that is save?

Btw. I found a little bug => in "contacts"-"calls" / the call-log there is a yellow outlined square instead of "i dont't know" => there are green upwards and blue downwards arrows, and mentioned yellow outlined squares left of the contact names.

Edited by HaBa12

Guest Satsuki15
#11 JJ9 "Rockall" Gingerbread

JJ9 "Rockall"

md5 db437e512f3583b000888e8016b13e72

This minimalist Gingerbread version has just phone Apps, no fluff. Use as a base to build on or leave light. Or overclock... Just 103MB...

Also has Hardware acceleration on, VM Heap at 38MB, StageFright on (not http), AHB overclockable.

Terminal Emulator fine

Nice Work!!

But I can't find the Google Calendars... How to add it back?

Thanks a lots.

Guest Jaboloid

Just changed from JJ9 - took less than 10min to complete!

I like the way icons are arranged when u press the middle button (the launcher button?) and its way faster to scroll thru than on JJ9's 'flat' icon list :D

Voice dialer works more or less fine haven't tested it a lot.

It's seems a lot smoother in general! I didn't wipe data and all apps are still here, including widgets :D

Small problem:

I can't uninstall amazon and ebay apps!? I tried choosing them in Task Manager --> Applications but when I click on ebay or amazon, the uninstall buttons is grayed out..all buttons are actually!

How else do I uninstall those 2 apps? And why can't I uninstall those 2 like most apps?

Also Terminal Emulator doesn't work - I've seen this mentionned on this thread before but I have no idea what it is :(

Overall, it looks like the perfect upgrade from JJ9 - was looking for smtg to make using the phone in general nicer and quicker and it seems to have worked. Battery life seems better too, maybe cos i flashed it with 100% btty or maybe it's just the famous placebo effect ;)

Have seen KK has done a 'newer' one called Swedish Spring, will try it and compare!

Silly question: Can I used Frankish's themes for JJ9 on this remixed version?

Really nice work putting this together for JJ9 lovers! Thanks LanceH

Edited by Jaboloid

Guest Jaboloid
Btw. I found a little bug => in "contacts"-"calls" / the call-log there is a yellow outlined square instead of "i dont't know" => there are green upwards and blue downwards arrows, and mentioned yellow outlined squares left of the contact names.

I found the same 'bug' in contacts - i think it's just when u have more than one call from/to one contact, it then shows the yellow box instead of the grey oval shaped button in JJ9. Not a problem at all though :D What I'd like to know is whether the yellow box is normal or do I need to configure smtg smwhere?

Guest Len Ash
I found the same 'bug' in contacts - i think it's just when u have more than one call from/to one contact, it then shows the yellow box instead of the grey oval shaped button in JJ9. Not a problem at all though :D What I'd like to know is whether the yellow box is normal or do I need to configure smtg smwhere?

Happens in most recent ROMs including SS RLS2. Leads me to suspect an Android App or Lib bug.

Guest chenz116

hey im a newbie at all this so please bare with me

i put #1 JJ9 on my phone last night.

works alot smother and im really happy except for 1 thing

the little doc to turn on and off wifi/gps/bluetooth is gone. can i download this or add it some how ??

Guest Len Ash
hey im a newbie at all this so please bare with me

i put #1 JJ9 on my phone last night.

works alot smother and im really happy except for 1 thing

the little doc to turn on and off wifi/gps/bluetooth is gone. can i download this or add it some how ??

Long press anywhere blank on one of the home pages and select "Power Widget" from Widget drop down - should work?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest thelongmile

Happy to report that mine is still running quite nicely, but I don't get more than about 3 maybe 4 hours battery life out of it, with some use, and on standby with the occasional flick on to check the time, I get about 6 hours out of it.

Can anyone else report which one they downloaded and how they got on?

Thanks

Guest Len Ash
Happy to report that mine is still running quite nicely, but I don't get more than about 3 maybe 4 hours battery life out of it, with some use, and on standby with the occasional flick on to check the time, I get about 6 hours out of it.

Thanks

Should get a lot more, JJ9 is not a battery eater. Check that you haven't used the radio.... and that WiFi is set to turn off with screen. What else have you installed?

Run on battery for a while, then check Spare Parts for partial wake usage.

Guest sm4tik
The display Auto-brightness has been recalibrated for improved usability and battery life.

Is there an easy way to fix this with other roms also? I'm currently using SS (gen2) and finding the auto-brightness a bit off, or maybe "picky" might be a better word for it. I had the same problem with the stock rom (froyo) also, so I didn't pay much attention to it, but using CM7 for a while made me realize it was a software problem.

Guest Len Ash
Is there an easy way to fix this with other roms also? I'm currently using SS (gen2) and finding the auto-brightness a bit off, or maybe "picky" might be a better word for it. I had the same problem with the stock rom (froyo) also, so I didn't pay much attention to it, but using CM7 for a while made me realize it was a software problem.

Not dead straightforward, but I can post a number of files that will fix, with/without battery circles etc.

Guest hecatae

Thanks

sounds like your battery calibration is shot to pieces

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Should get a lot more, JJ9 is not a battery eater. Check that you haven't used the radio.... and that WiFi is set to turn off with screen. What else have you installed?

Run on battery for a while, then check Spare Parts for partial wake usage.

JJ9 is a HUGE known battery eater... but I've never heard of one this bad :)

Guest Len Ash
JJ9 is a HUGE known battery eater... but I've never heard of one this bad :)

No it isn't. I still run JJ9 as my preferred ROM in spite of the various other flavours I've adapted. Where did you get that garbage from? If users don't know what they are doing, that is a different thing. And a lot don't...

Guest Matthew Ferguson
No it isn't. I still run JJ9 as my preferred ROM in spite of the various other flavours I've adapted. Where did you get that garbage from? If users don't know what they are doing, that is a different thing. And a lot don't...

I do know what I'm doing, and JJ9 drained my battery twice as fast as FLB ever did. I used both for a period of 2 weeks (I used FLB for a lot longer as the battery drain issue was driving me crazy) and I even notice that SS lasts longer than JJ did on my phone, even when I recalibrate the batter etc...

Many users have commented and discussed on the JJ9 thread that even after battery calibration the phone is having huge battery drain issues. Probably the reason why KK switched to the Swedish base. Someone in the thread actually found a solution, a bit difficult for amateurs to do, by replacing files in the JJ zip with some from one of the other 2.2 ROMs. I can't remember where the post is since JJ is such an old ROM now, the post was a long while back.

Guest taannuk

+1 Totally agree