Has anyone managed to use a custom rom on Orange UK B10 ?

Guest Tadger

Guest sambartle

Well I flashed it last night..

It's definitly a different batch to mine (it's newer even though my couple are only 2 months old).. both of mine are Black B10 Truly TFT's, the new one my girlfriend bought is a Black B10 Lead.

It came with:

Firmware Version:2.1-update1

Baseband Version:P729BB01

Kernel Version:2.6.29

tanbaihua@localhost )

#1 PREEMPT Tue Jan 21 10:13:29 CST 2011

Build number:OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10

Software Version:OUK_P729BV1.0.0B20

And has a higher IMEI than my older ones suggesting the LEAD ones are the newer of the Grey B10's...

I flashed with the same steps as I used on my phone (UniversalAndroot 1.6.1, Recovery Manager 0.35b, Recovery 3.0.0.6, Modaco v12) and it's working fine.

Touch wood there have been no problems with the touchscreen over a few reboots/sim swaps etc..

Unless there's a batch of phones somewhere in the middle with a different digitizer/touch module it doesnt make a lot of sense.. I thought I might have problems with this but it worked fine.

Just as A thought.. I didnt use the wipe options related to touchscreen calibration or the option to update the touchscreen in clockwork.. have others who have a problem used either of those?

Perhaps one of them flashes something dodgy into the touch controller firmware?

Edited by sambartle

Guest tttonyyy

My replacement San Fran is a B10. First thing I did was unlock and TPT the Hungarian rom over it (I like having fastboot working). Not had any issues running roms at all. Currently on Cyanogen nightlies.

Guest Puzzles
I have purchased 2 Orange SF.

The white cased one (B8) works fine with newer roms, but the grey/black one is a B10 version.

Whenever I try to put any custom Rom (oled/tft) on the B10 one the touchscreen will not work once it boots.

As soon as I do a restore to the Orange B10 I backuped up, it works fine - no issues at all (works every single time).

So has anyone else had any success it getting any custom rom to work on a Orange UK B10 rom ?

If so which one ?

I'm begining to wonder if different hardware component(s) were used in the B10 version of the phone ?

BTW, just to clarify my screen type is "LEAD".

FLB-Froyo worked quite well with my phone. It's also a B10.