Android 2.2.2 AWS 345_15380_00

Guest Li Ying

Guest Wonsanim

Hi guys I find today doing a benchmark with smartmark 2010 that my device using 2.2.2 345 the cpu is underclock to 0.9ghz some one can check this because before when I do the benchmarks my device apear with 1.0ghz. :D

Guest payneardo

hi all probably asking a silly question that has been answered before but had a quick look and cant find it :D

Just thought I would try this and flashed from DJ Steves 1.81 and it went no problem but keep getting flashing buttons every 2 o3 minutes when the screen is on. I have not done a wipe yet, wil that help or I have missed something ??

Sorry again and thanx for looking :(

Cheers

Payneardo

reflashed back to Steves 1.81 and will wait for his 1.9 as clockwork kept removing itself on boot ??, think I have done something really wrong here ... but actually like stage UI and it works well alongside slidescreen :(

Edited by payneardo

Guest mikkykitten

oh poo...just walk past me and dont reply then lol....im still feeling dodgy over what to do guys..pse advise.

1. restore my 319 stock recovery and update via update from sd bit

2. boot into streakmod and update via sd card

wonsanim stated Wow I Just Flash over Stock 319 and is totally a GO!......seems easy but i dont know if he just used the 319 stock recovery or used streakmod

pretty please advise.. thanks and sowwy

edit....found on nutha forum tha you use stock recovery to update pkg files....and streakmod or clockwork for zip files...as this is a pkg file....i assume stock recovery is way to go

Edited by mikkykitten

Guest prawnballs
oh poo...just walk past me and dont reply then lol....im still feeling dodgy over what to do guys..pse advise.

1. restore my 319 stock recovery and update via update from sd bit

2. boot into streakmod and update via sd card

wonsanim stated Wow I Just Flash over Stock 319 and is totally a GO!......seems easy but i dont know if he just used the 319 stock recovery or used streakmod

pretty please advise.. thanks and sowwy

edit....found on nutha forum tha you use stock recovery to update pkg files....and streakmod or clockwork for zip files...as this is a pkg file....i assume stock recovery is way to go

Use stock recovery to flash the pkg. If you want root after you update then you'll need to go back to Streakmod, but you do need to have stock recovery for the first update.

Guest payneardo

Now fixed the Flashing LEDS :D

here is what I did

Im currently on DJ_Steves 1.8.1

Downloaded the Update.zip

booted in CW recovery and installed update.zip

Then it installed and booted and kept all my settings but got the flashing LED problem

Then booted back into fastboot and installed the baseband from post 13 on here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...3616&page=2

I then rooted it using the methods on here (post 26 on this thread by syahruladi) but couldn't get the recovery image to work which was linked, so I reinstalled CW recovery instead :(

Again if you want to keep CW recovery (or streakmod recovery) see marvin02's post 29 on this thread and rename or delete etc/install-recovery.sh or a custom recovery is overwritten upon boot.

Now all working and I am happy bunny thanx for posting the update.zip and all the info :(

Payneardo

Edited by payneardo

Guest mikkykitten
Use stock recovery to flash the pkg. If you want root after you update then you'll need to go back to Streakmod, but you do need to have stock recovery for the first update.

thank you prawnballs for yr input. clear and reassuringly helpful comments

Guest Mobile Guy

I am looking to deodex this rom. It has installed for me successfully and rooted fine. I am on the 345 build with the 345 baseband, so no more flashing buttons.

I have tried using the deodex in the xda forum Auto-deodexer 2.3 and i have deodexed my apks and jars fine. I just wondering do I have to replace them in the update.zip for 345 and reflash?

Does anyone know?

Guest PipoXtreme

Hi guys... Sorry for this stupid question. I'm on 318 rom and Steve's 1.9.0 ! Can I just install this 345 with fastboot on my streak over fastboot ?

and how is it.. I don't lose my settings or apps or I've to install all this apps again ?

Guest mikkykitten

Thanks to all the posts n help in this forum now have 345 running nice:

1. Made full backup with Titanium recovery and also backup launcher pro settings to SD

2. I flashboot the recovery.img

3. I boot into recovery and update install.pkg from sd card

4. flashed back to StreakMod recovery

5. applied the supperuser.zip for Root access

6. Installed Titanium but had problems with busybox...fixed by downloading the free app from market and REBOOT

phone

7. Restored titanium backup...and Launcher pro backups...rebooted...all good

In 24 hours i have had no crashes or problems......works very well....uninstalled apps i dont want to use:

Amazon Kindle, ooVoo, Evernote, and the Stage picture/video apps etc...home button selection to use launcher pro all the time......im loving it thank you...just now need to wait for fix for full nandroid backup in streakmod or clockwork

Edited by mikkykitten

Guest waj1234

How do you uninstall the unwanted apps? I cant seem to do it. I tried android mate and it says they have gone but they are still there!

Guest mikkykitten
How do you uninstall the unwanted apps? I cant seem to do it. I tried android mate and it says they have gone but they are still there!

I Use SystemApp Remover v4.13

Guest !SMAN!

Has anyone noticed a problem with the email notifications? I'm finding that if i have an unread email, it will notify me every time it does a refresh (like it forgets there is already a notification). So in my case, the phone will beep every 5 minutes since that's what the refresh rate is set to.

Guest colint3
For those who looking for Rooted Dell Streak 345 version build 15380 this what you should do: 100% working on my Streak

My rooted Streak info:-

Android Version 2.2.2

baseband : GAUSB1A34500-US

KERNEL version : 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM : GAUSB1A134500

Build : 15380

1. Then copy over the file Superuser.zip into

SD card. This is the Superuser app

2. Turn off your phone and flash to fastboot menu

3. unzip streakmod-recovery StreakMod_Recovery.zip to you computer

4. flash recover.img >> fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img

5. reboot >> fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

6. go to recovery mode (volume rocker up+down+power button key)

7.select install ZIP from sdcard

8.select choose zip from sdcard

9.select superuser.zip file you downloaded earlier, and apply it

10.select yes - install superuser.zip

11.confirm it says "Install from sdcard complete"

12.select go back

13.select reboot

14.done! :D

I am a hopless noob. I dont understand point 3,4 and 5.

When I unzip streakmod-recovery and click on the unzipped folder it has another folder and when I click on this it has a zip file called recovery which cannot be unzipped.

point 4 and 5 where do I type in the comands in fastboot, cant do that because the keyboard doesnt show.

So can someone please explain points 3,4 and 5.

Guest UKSheep
I am a hopless noob. I dont understand point 3,4 and 5.

When I unzip streakmod-recovery and click on the unzipped folder it has another folder and when I click on this it has a zip file called recovery which cannot be unzipped.

point 4 and 5 where do I type in the comands in fastboot, cant do that because the keyboard doesnt show.

So can someone please explain points 3,4 and 5.

Hi,

you can use http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...pdate-21th-mar/ <- to flash the Recovery.

This is a little batch that do step 3-5.

MfG

UKSheep

Guest UKSheep
Thanks UK Sheep I tried that but I still end up with an un-rooted rom.

you must do all steps. The batch only step 3-5.

With the MultiRecoveryFlasher flash the Streakmod Recovery. After the flash the sttreak reboot.

When the buttons light go on. Hold vol+ / vol- and step 2 with camera button to load the StreakModRecovery.

Then flash the superuser.zip.

Mfg

UKSheep

Guest colint3
you must do all steps. The batch only step 3-5.

With the MultiRecoveryFlasher flash the Streakmod Recovery. After the flash the sttreak reboot.

When the buttons light go on. Hold vol+ / vol- and step 2 with camera button to load the StreakModRecovery.

Then flash the superuser.zip.

Mfg

UKSheep

Thanks UK Sheep I am now a happy rooted person. LOL