[ROM] [Froyo] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT] [Gen1]

Guest Simon O

Guest rak007

Whenever i try to edit any existing contact in my phone, the app force closes with

android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

I am using the default stock dialer.

What seems to be the issue ?

Guest andouk

anyone else experience network issues?

can't connect to my network around the house and outside flashed back 10b and works fine again thinking some of the frequencies messed up

on virgin btw

Guest nemiers
anyone else experience network issues?

can't connect to my network around the house and outside flashed back 10b and works fine again thinking some of the frequencies messed up

on virgin btw

yes, for me it few times drops gsm signal dont know why.

But I`m not complaining because from 10b i did upgrade, will do full wipe soon, then can comment.

Guest TRKOSTAS
Whenever i try to edit any existing contact in my phone, the app force closes with

android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

I am using the default stock dialer.

What seems to be the issue ?

+1

Guest burstlam

another issue to report, screenlock after using the jog button for tuning the FM.

running on oled machine, full wipe before installation. both 0.5 and 0.6 fail in r11b, but they both work fine on the previous version

Guest wookie16081965

been running r11b for 3 days now not had any issues at all bluetooth wifi working fine havnt charged battery since putting it in on 55% now although im low user txts phonecalls and a bit of browsing gps is now fast as i believe the more you use it the better a fix you get thanks Fibblesan fantastic rom

Guest Paden
been running r11b for 3 days now not had any issues at all bluetooth wifi working fine havnt charged battery since putting it in on 55% now although im low user txts phonecalls and a bit of browsing gps is now fast as i believe the more you use it the better a fix you get thanks Fibblesan fantastic rom

Something strange going on as I couldn't get Bluetooth to work reliably at all.

No go once the screen goes off with my car handsfree despite several wipes & reloads.

Rather than roll back to r10b I'm trying Swedish_Spring at the moment & Blutooth works fine.

My handset is an early model with an OLED screen out of interest.

Cheers, Paul

Guest Lutea

Hello together,

first of all: nice custom rom. Thanks alot for this! My Base Lutea (aka ZTE Blade) improved a lot in speed.

I have one question: Is it normal to receive BUILD Number "FLB-Froyo r10" in phone info, allthough I downloaded the r11b release?

Guest zygos29

No service error shows up quite alot and with wifi turned off but from what i understand this error dose not actually mean that i have no signal on my phone because i called my phone and it works.

Fantastic rom once again... and from what I can see very good on the battery too. Just one problem which is driving me crackers....

When I try to log into the facebook app I get an error code "102/session key expired or no longer valid" as it repeatedly asks for my password. It says application authenticated and then just loops requesting my password.

Having Googled the problem, I tried changing my password and that made no difference. I tried suspending my facebook account for a couple of hours and then starting afresh.

I am on a complete wipe and install of FLB 11 and I haven't installed any further apps until I get this problem sorted :-/

Thanks in advance.

I can confirm this bug. Facebook app doesn't work with r11b. I was previously using r8a without any problems. I did full wipe etc. Otherwise seems to be working great, much smoother than previous roms.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that Facebook was working with r11 and ZTE dialer. This problem most likely came with r11b.

Edited by TL_

Guest triobot

Great rom but i have a problem with Dialer.

When i try to make an outbound call, i get a "android.process.acore" crashing on me.

I don't know what this means (cos i'm posting this immediately) but it's preventing me from making outbound calls with dialer.

Calling contacts and receiving calls works fine.

EDIT: My bad, didn't check front page.

Edited by triobot

Guest johannes140

HI fibble, great work! This is my favorite froyo rom on the blade. and that means something, since i tried almost every single one out there for a while... ;-)

a few issues i have:

- the already known signal bar issue... sometimes the signal bar shows a dropped signal, although the signal is still there.

- screenlock issues: in the last 2 days i had 3 screenlocks, all after deep sleeps. no idea why this happened. i experienced no screenlocks on r10.

- color of the power widget: this is a minor annoyance, but the background of the power widget is darker as in the previous versions, so that the inactive icons are barely visible.

thanks again for your hard work!

Guest andy9876
I can confirm this bug. Facebook app doesn't work with r11b. I was previously using r8a without any problems. I did full wipe etc. Otherwise seems to be working great, much smoother than previous roms.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that Facebook was working with r11 and ZTE dialer. This problem most likely came with r11b.

Facebook app works for me with no problem

its over 17min and it just running the 4 color boot animation in loop again and again i guess its installing the apk's thats y

here i am installing the 11b for the 1st time dunno how much time it will take more?

lil worried.... :D :D

EDIT : it ran they mentioned in the guide

If you skip the cache wipe factory reset and the phone doesn't boot properly then you need boot back into clockwork to clear the cache and factory reset

To get back into clockwork

Remove the battery

Put the battery back in

Hold the Volume Down button turn the phone on

From the clockwork menu choose: wipe cache partition.

From the clockwork menu choose: wipe data/factory reset.

thankgod i did unintentionally lol

Edited by vthl

Guest Coyote74
its over 17min and it just running the 4 color boot animation in loop again and again i guess its installing the apk's thats y

here i am installing the 11b for the 1st time dunno how much time it will take more?

lil worried.... :( :D

17min are too many... there is something wrong :D

Edited by Coyote74

Guest Rooster#1
17min are too many... there is something wrong :D

+1 ... Id say five minutes before I worry ;-) You may need to clear the cache(s)

Did you error check your ROM.zip ?

Guest ogilviea
HELP!

The phone stuck at the Android boot logo. For ages. Eventually I lost patience and replaced the battery and tried again. Same result. Yikes!

This is too much of a coincidence. Preparing to install TPT NAND Backup & Partition Tool, I first performed a nandroid backup of my working r11 system, using CWM 3.0.1.4 . Remembering what happened before, I rebooted the phone straight afterwards, just to check that all was well with the world and... got the boot hang again :D

Something is badly wrong here.

EDIT: And, just as before, restoring my nandroid backup appears to succeed, but I get the boot hang again. (Yes, I remembered to wipe the cache, dalvik cache and data partition before restoring.)

EDIT: And, just as before, installing FLB-Froyo from scratch works perfectly. Weird!

EDIT: Aargh! The reinstall went smoothly, and I took the opportunity to install the "nocache" partition mod, giving me around 180MB free after reinstalling all of my apps with Titanium Backup (previously I had 70MB free). Sweet! Then I installed my favourite Frankish theme, and the boot hang is back. There's definitely something weird about the interaction between CWM and FLB-Froyo.

EDIT: (I'm going for the record number of edits of one post...) Every time I get the boot hang, the only fix is to reflash with the FLB zip. Conversely, flashing any other zip (e.g. a Frankish theme) or restoring a nandroid backup causes the hang to reoccur.

EDIT: And, after all that, the superuser hang is back :D

Edited by ogilviea

Guest Mikeandme

a few issues i have:

- color of the power widget: this is a minor annoyance, but the background of the power widget is darker as in the previous versions, so that the inactive icons are barely visible.

I agree. When not active the icons are far from clear.

But my main concern remains the fact that when the screen blanks Bluetooth does not seem to want to pair.

I agree. When not active the icons are far from clear.

But my main concern remains the fact that when the screen blanks Bluetooth does not seem to want to pair.

Yes! I have the same bug too with the Bluetooth! I came from R9b, which was OK! Hope this will be fixed soon! I have a Parrot in my car, and now it won't pair when I start the car, everytime I have to click on pair, in the BT settings, this was better in previous versions.