[ROM] [Froyo] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT] [Gen1]

Guest Simon O

Guest KACE_231

Hi excellent work. After using and observing the WiFi issue on my new blade, I've recognised something:

Whenever I have the USB plugged in (+charging) my WiFi signal never drops even when then screen turns off. But when I have it unplugged regardless of the WiFi sleep policy setting the signal always drops once the screen switches off. However my blade always reconnects sucessfully when I turn the screen back on. My router is a D-Link one, but I have noticed that my friend's Netgear DG843T prevents the reconnection occuring properly.

Taking all of this information into account, It seems to me that the WiFi issue is in the ROM itself, possibly the base ROM coding of which all these custom ROM's are derieved from. Maybe this could be resolved very easily, I currently use WiFi Lock from the android market to prevent my signal from dropping, which works well for now atleast.

Edited by KACE_231

Guest mau34
Hi excellent work. After using and observing the WiFi issue on my new blade, I've recognised something:

Whenever I have the USB plugged in (+charging) my WiFi signal never drops even when then screen turns off. But when I have it unplugged regardless of the WiFi sleep policy setting the signal always drops once the screen switches off. However my blade always reconnects sucessfully when I turn the screen back on. My router is a D-Link one, but I have noticed that my friend's Netgear DG843T prevents the reconnection occuring properly.

Taking all of this information into account, It seems to me that the WiFi issue is in the ROM itself, possibly the base ROM coding of which all these custom ROM's are derieved from. Maybe this could be resolved very easily, I currently use WiFi Lock from the android market to prevent my signal from dropping, which works well for now atleast.

isnt it a blade issue instead of a rom one

every rom i used got the same issue

and try the search function will ya :D

Guest GodOff

Awsome work!

I use now r10b, it works perfectly for me and I want make update. my question is what about A2SD. Need I make ext2 partition and install flb A2SD like on r10b. I read all 13 pages on this topic but no one give good answer.

Regards

Guest KACE_231
isnt it a blade issue instead of a rom one

every rom i used got the same issue

and try the search function will ya :D

If a small app can fix the issue, It cant be a hardware issue, remember the signal doesnt drop when the USB charging cable is plugged in. All these custom ROM's are created from stock ROM's with branded apps removed, the heart of the problem must be in the OS, where it ignores whatever setting is selected in the "WiFi sleep policy". This is my opinion though, offering some help to resolve the issue

Edited by KACE_231

Guest targetbsp
If a small app can fix the issue, It cant be a hardware issue, remember the signal doesnt drop when the USB charging cable is plugged in.

It doesn't fix the issue, It stops the phone from ever sleeping. :D As does having it on charge. The problem is the wifi drops when the phone *sleeps* - not when the screen is off.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest KACE_231
It doesn't fix the issue, It stops the phone from ever sleeping. :D As does having it on charge. The problem is the wifi drops when the phone *sleeps* - not when the screen is off.

how do I get it to sleep, just to test? For me the issue was WiFi disconnecting when I turned my screen off (not necessarily sleeping)

Edited by KACE_231

Guest Superfuzz
HI fibble, great work! This is my favorite froyo rom on the blade. and that means something, since i tried almost every single one out there for a while... ;-)

a few issues i have:

- the already known signal bar issue... sometimes the signal bar shows a dropped signal, although the signal is still there.

- screenlock issues: in the last 2 days i had 3 screenlocks, all after deep sleeps. no idea why this happened. i experienced no screenlocks on r10.

Same here. I also had a dead touchscreen when playing angry birds once, had to remove the battery.

edit: About the screenlock, I am using the smartass governor via SetCPU, it seems unlikely to be the cause of the problem, just mentioning it though.

Edited by Superfuzz

Guest johannes140

I downgraded to r10b yesterday evening and have to say that it runs better than r11b. it seems quite faster and so far none of the issues I described for r11b - except the signal bar drop issue - is present.

also, an issue I had with alarmdroid on r11b, which I thought might be a bug in the app itself, is now resolved after downgrading.

Edited by johannes140

Guest dazbaz996

Great Rom Fibb.

I did a full wipe and installed 11b, I have been running this for a couple of days with no issues.

Battery life has greatly improved. I have mine san fran clocked to 725 and it is stable, got a quadrant score of 900 with.

Keep up the good work and many thanks

Guest targetbsp
how do I get it to sleep, just to test? For me the issue was WiFi disconnecting when I turned my screen off (not necessarily sleeping)

Sorry, what I mean is, yes the setting is for screen off. But the Blade, independent of that setting will kill the wifi anyway when it sleeps. So no matter what you have that setting on, if the phone sleeps the wifi is in trouble. The app in question (and connecting via usb) only keep the wifi alive by virtue of not sleeping the phone. Which means the app will kill the battery life and obviously you don't want that as a feature of your rom.

The phone sleeps within seconds of the screen going off (providing no app is preventing it). The difference is easy to tell. When asleep the phone can only be woken by the power button. When awake, the screen can be brought up by any button (home, menu, back etc)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest KACE_231
Sorry, what I mean is, yes the setting is for screen off. But the Blade, independent of that setting will kill the wifi anyway when it sleeps. So no matter what you have that setting on, if the phone sleeps the wifi is in trouble. The app in question (and connecting via usb) only keep the wifi alive by virtue of not sleeping the phone. Which means the app will kill the battery life and obviously you don't want that as a feature of your rom.

The phone sleeps within seconds of the screen going off (providing no app is preventing it). The difference is easy to tell. When asleep the phone can only be woken by the power button. When awake, the screen can be brought up by any button (home, menu, back etc)

I've tried the various methods you mentioned:

1. When I have the app uninstalled, and I manually turn off the screen (with the power button) the phone sleeps..... when I turn it back on the phone was already connected to 3G, but the WiFi reconnects soon after

2. However when the screen is off for a short while (i.e. not sleeping) WiFi notification icon disappears and 3G doesn't start, a short while later the WiFi signal reappears

3. Now to test battery life...

Considering my second point I think there may be a bug there?

Edited by KACE_231

Guest Tommyukuk

Does anyone know how to change to menu, or how to flash a new menu? I dont know why but its bugging me snapping in place, and being able to see it going off the screen at the top and bottom - any way to get the menu from Swedish springs?

Guest rak007
Does anyone know how to change to menu, or how to flash a new menu? I dont know why but its bugging me snapping in place, and being able to see it going off the screen at the top and bottom - any way to get the menu from Swedish springs?

Just out of curiosity, need to know what is special with menu of SS ??

Because flashing menu may not really be possible.

Guest KaribikFrank

Hey

I installed FLB-Froyo r11 yesterday on my Blade/TFT/Gen1.

The battery was full charged this morning and went empty within 6 hr and I didn't use the phone much.

I checked the settings and the main task that was using battery was google maps. I didn't find a way to stop google maps.

Only a reboot solved the problem. Until I start google maps again then it's runing and eating my battery.

How can I get google maps to stop once I started it?

Is there a easy hint I don't know?

Thanks for the help.

After all I can say, this rom is perfect. No troubles (except the one above).

Thanks

Guest Tommyukuk
Just out of curiosity, need to know what is special with menu of SS ??

Because flashing menu may not really be possible.

there's nothing special, its just a standard menu that scrolls smoothly, where as the flb menu snaps into place, and has that weird effect at the top and bottom where it goes off on a angle?

Guest KACE_231
Hey

I installed FLB-Froyo r11 yesterday on my Blade/TFT/Gen1.

The battery was full charged this morning and went empty within 6 hr and I didn't use the phone much.

I checked the settings and the main task that was using battery was google maps. I didn't find a way to stop google maps.

Only a reboot solved the problem. Until I start google maps again then it's runing and eating my battery.

How can I get google maps to stop once I started it?

Is there a easy hint I don't know?

Thanks for the help.

After all I can say, this rom is perfect. No troubles (except the one above).

Thanks

you might have GPS enabled

Guest Mikeandme
Nope. GPS is disabled in settings.

Unfortunately I don't know a way to uninstall google maps.

Have you thought of removing it from the zip and reflashing? [Edit - or you could turn off AGPS which should mean it does not start on boot.]

Edited by Mikeandme

Guest rak007
there's nothing special, its just a standard menu that scrolls smoothly, where as the flb menu snaps into place, and has that weird effect at the top and bottom where it goes off on a angle?

In that case i suggest you use Go Launcher EX as it has possibility to set menu icons scrolling horizontally (like iPhone) and i personally find it more convinent that way rather than vertical scrolling.

Guest KaribikFrank
Have you thought of removing it from the zip and reflashing? [Edit - or you could turn off AGPS which should mean it does not start on boot.]

That's what I'm going to do next.

Guest Len Ash

AGPS cannot be turned on or off in this ROM.

NOT having GPS enabled means you are wholly reliant on Data for your location, so will burn battery.

GPS doesn't cause huge battery drain as it only turns itself on when required and only for a short time to obtain a fix.

I have no issues with battery drain at all with GPS always on.

Guest rak007
Can you add the USB Host mode in your next version please ? :D

It would be great !

Amen :D

But is there any version of this Mod currently available which we can flash separately on this ROM ??

Guest german_psycho

I can't get a VPN to work with r11b (neither with r10b). Tried to establish a connection over Wifi or 3G, but both fail.

PPTP or L2TP both don't work.

Can someone confirm this? Or is it just me?