[ROM] [Froyo] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT] [Gen1]

Guest Simon O

Guest shanewaz

Hey all - know this is off topic, but not sure where to stick this as it's nothing to do with themes but a general ZTE question. I find that my phone has a time lag from pressing the person to call to the android pic calling coming up, sometimes up to 20 plus seconds. This doesn't happen on my wife's one even though we have the same rom (FLBr10b). I noticed it did this before when I was on a different rom but at that time my wife stayed on the Stock rom.

The only thing I can think of is when I switched to a 16g SD card. I had to copy across using the cable and PC method, but when I tried to copy certain files (I think to do with Google Books) it said the name of one of the data was too long and couldn't copy (but not sure how this would affect it if it's for google books which came as part of that ROM). When my wife went to the same brand 16g SD card we managed to just copy everything across over to an SD card adapter and then across to her phone again and she has had no problem with call lag. I initially thought it must be the card and compatibility, but clearly this is not the case as it's working fine on hers on the same brand SD card (which was also bought at the same time as mine).

I read somewhere else on MODACO with soneone else who had the same problem that the advice was to update to latest version of the ROM, but I moved to FLB when I was on a different rom from a different person before (Chris Lowthian's one, based on Sebs), surely moving across to FLB would have overwritten and smoothed out any of these bugs as it's a different Rom entirely?

I was wondering if it's worth deleting all the data on the SD card and reformatting but was worried if this will affect me going back into clockwork mod recovery and then trying a factory reset / flashing the stock rom and then flashing the r10b again if the reformatting SD card doesn't work first.

If you know where I should repost this within the MODACO I'd be grateful. I'm going to update to FLB 11b to see if it helps, but I'm sure it'll happen again as it's already happened even though I've crossed to new roms before.

Cheers for the help!

Guest jtc42

Loving this version, as always. But is there any way of getting the Gingerbread Mods back? Not the theme, I mean like, the phone icon, notifications and launcher?

Guest Plxply

I have fully wiped my phone and reinstalled 11b however I seem to be having a strange problem with USB tethering. The phone seems to randomly reboot whilst I am connected, the connection can be either idle or under heavy use but it will still disconnect or cause a touch screen lockup. Is there anything possible to fix this?

Guest cagster

Has anyone had a problem with phone rebooting itself when using google navigator ?

I am on 10b - I have it overclocked to 710MHZ and worked great for 2 weeks but first time I have really used Navigator/GPS for longer than 5 minutes and it rebooted.

Considering turning off overclock when using navigator. Any one else experienced this ? i have tried to search for this but nothing came back - thanks in advance

Also thanks to Fibblesan you have really made the phone a pleasure to use.

Edited by cagster

Guest dukebox_1st

I moved to FLB for version 11b and am really happy with it. I moved from Modaco R3, so quite a step up. Thanks for all your hard work flibblesan. Much appreciated.

Guest wookie16081965

want to say thankyou for all your work ive only ever used your rom and would like to ask you if you could use the official 2,2 rom and build a fibblesan rom from that as i think you build the best roms swedish spring sounds good but it looks like that is still having problems i wont install that until bugs are fixed yours on the other hand is great just hope you change your mind and build a rom from swedish 2.2 and make it the best

. thanks again for your work

Guest Luke2642
Is it possible to get "circle battery" working with this ROM please ?

I used this one:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/335...-gen1/page/185/

Only downside is that you loose power widgets in the notification area. I generally flash rom, reboot normally, reboot recovery, flash this.

Someone else might be able to suggest how you can get both circle battery & power notifications. I think it's something to do with repacking the framework.

Guest pellonet
I used this one:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/335...-gen1/page/185/

Only downside is that you loose power widgets in the notification area. I generally flash rom, reboot normally, reboot recovery, flash this.

Someone else might be able to suggest how you can get both circle battery & power notifications. I think it's something to do with repacking the framework.

There is some confusion here, I have 11b installed & just flashed Frankish's True Gingerbread circle MOD available at:

http://www.mediafire.com/?clc6cd9w4z7gfcv

Power Widget stays in the notification bar OK

Guest mickey megabyte
Thats the on I downloaded.... how the hell do you apply it ?

flash it in clockwork, like you would a rom, but without any wiping.

Guest Rooster#1
flash it in clockwork, like you would a rom, but without any wiping.

Did that... but its not appearing !!! the other thread said something about "themes" ? but I cant see how :D

Guest mickey megabyte
Did that... but its not appearing !!! the other thread said something about "themes" ? but I cant see how :D

sorry, but i don't know what you mean about the other thread and themes.

what i do is as i said above: download the theme zip file made for your rom, stick it on your sdcard, boot into clockwork recovery, and flash it. reboot, and your theme should be 'active'.

Guest Magnets
Hey all - know this is off topic, but not sure where to stick this as it's nothing to do with themes but a general ZTE question. I find that my phone has a time lag from pressing the person to call to the android pic calling coming up, sometimes up to 20 plus seconds. This doesn't happen on my wife's one even though we have the same rom (FLBr10b). I noticed it did this before when I was on a different rom but at that time my wife stayed on the Stock rom.

The only thing I can think of is when I switched to a 16g SD card. I had to copy across using the cable and PC method, but when I tried to copy certain files (I think to do with Google Books) it said the name of one of the data was too long and couldn't copy (but not sure how this would affect it if it's for google books which came as part of that ROM). When my wife went to the same brand 16g SD card we managed to just copy everything across over to an SD card adapter and then across to her phone again and she has had no problem with call lag. I initially thought it must be the card and compatibility, but clearly this is not the case as it's working fine on hers on the same brand SD card (which was also bought at the same time as mine).

I have a similar problem, but using stock 2.1. It's only been doing it since I started using Call confirm app, and it doesn't always do it, seems only after it's been in sleep mode for a while. It also takes between 3 and 5 seconds, not 20 for me.

Guest warwound
How can I get google maps to stop once I started it?

Is there a easy hint I don't know?

Are you signed into Latitude on Google Maps and have the setting to continually update your location enabled?

I'm sure that if that's enabled then Google Maps will always run.

warwound.

Guest pbrar

Many thanks flibblesan for all you hard work and help in creating and updating the flb ROMs - the best I've used so far.

Good luck for the future.

Let's hope the other ROMs are as good (whenever I bother to move to them).

Cheers.

Guest Rooster#1

Is there a known issue with the camera on this ROM ? Only just tried mine (I was bored !) and it has horizontal white lines on the screen...

Scratch this... did a full reinstall, and its back to normal... :D

Edited by Rooster#1

Guest Gingernut

Seems after using this my battery sucks, before I flashed using this rom I was fairly happy. :D

Is it straight forward to roll this back or do I need to follow the guide and flash it again with another rom? if not whats a good guide for rolling this back to the previous rom?

Thanks GN.

Guest Rooster#1
Seems after using this my battery sucks, before I flashed using this rom I was fairly happy. :D

Is it straight forward to roll this back or do I need to follow the guide and flash it again with another rom? if not whats a good guide for rolling this back to the previous rom?

Thanks GN.

Clear the caches and reflash with your old ROM... which one was you using ?

Guest Gingernut
Clear the caches and reflash with your old ROM... which one was you using ?

Thanks, was previously on Froyo 2.2 r6 (b?, is there a ROM you recomend, or worth having a crack at?

Guest Rooster#1
Thanks, was previously on Froyo 2.2 r6 (b?, is there a ROM you recomend, or worth having a crack at?

Mines ok with this one (FLB11b) but when I get the urge, I'm going to try Swedish spring...

Jumped ship the other day... and its working a treat ! (added 19/3/11)

Edited by Rooster#1