[ROM] [Froyo] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT] [Gen1]

Guest Simon O

Guest chealsearock

LOL! Did you notice? The ringtones Ceti Alpha and Space Seed are the same!(?) BTW, THE BEST ROM EVER! PLEASE WORK ON GINGERBREAD!

Edited by chealsearock

Guest deksman2

My battery also drains rather fast with this ROM (even after calibration).

I did wipe and clear the cache before putting the ROM on.

Previous ROM I used was MODACO Custom ROM r12 (battery was great on it).

Granted, both the Wifi and GPS are on at the moment, but the battery loses about 15% charge in about 2.5 hours with practically no use (and the screen turning itself off) even after I turn off Wifi and GPS (overnight I went down from about 85% to 10% - no use).

I keep Data connection off (never use it).

This kind of behavior is odd.

Also, my GPS doesn't work properly unless I Network mode is set to GMS/WCDMA and under GSM/UMTS options keep 'use only 2g network' unchecked (otherwise, the GPS throws the location off by about 5 km and needs ages to find itself - with the options above, it finds itself instantly and works fine).

Guest Len Ash

Granted, both the Wifi and GPS are on at the moment, but the battery loses about 15% charge in about 2.5 hours with practically no use (and the screen turning itself off) even after I turn off Wifi and GPS (overnight I went down from about 85% to 10% - no use).

Also, my GPS doesn't work properly unless I Network mode is set to GMS/WCDMA and under GSM/UMTS options keep 'use only 2g network' unchecked (otherwise, the GPS throws the location off by about 5 km and needs ages to find itself - with the options above, it finds itself instantly and works fine).

Hmm... check partial wake battery usage in Spare Parts for odd behaviour... and beware of the FM Radio...

Guest haamiah

Swedish Spring 4-i tried it too...works ok and smoth eyther...but too much battery drain so i get back to FLB r11b...love it much more.

Edited by haamiah

Guest oldfella

you likely have an app consuming battery - I get 4 days on this ROM, with just the mobile connected it goes down very slowly, overnight its the same % in the morning.

Guest Rooster#1

BIG thanks to flibblesan... used your ROM for a while, and sad to see it go - but as you say "times move on" ... now migrated to Swedish Spring v4, and Im sticking to it :mellow:

Thanks again Flibbs :o

Guest Mushroom_Lord
you likely have an app consuming battery - I get 4 days on this ROM, with just the mobile connected it goes down very slowly, overnight its the same % in the morning.

My all time favourite froyo...

FOUR DAYS! I forgot that was possible...

Bet this ROM is dead Smooth too...

why do I use cm7...

Guest targetbsp
why do I use cm7...

Cause you can get 6 days on that? :mellow: Mind you, I mostly run on 2g only.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp
FLB Froyo r11 with ZTE SmartDialer & Contacts

still waiting for the fix...

don't need cm7 :mellow:

You'll be waiting a while! :o Read the big text at the start of post 1.

Edited by targetbsp

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dariob74

Hi, sorry but i have a question: in this rom i have not found fmradio.apk...why? in the FLB foryo r10 fmradio there is but i don't remember if work completely

thanks at all

Guest Davie1888

Guys looking for help, I want to take the news and weather app out of 11b.zip using 7zip, could someone tell what file to delete please, as I can't seem to find it

Guest Len Ash
Guys looking for help, I want to take the news and weather app out of 11b.zip using 7zip, could someone tell what file to delete please, as I can't seem to find it

GenieWidget

Guest mitchgixer6

Just moved over from SS5 to FLB last night. Was getting the battery drain issue with SS5 so thought I'd try this.

I'm having trouble removing the toolbar on the notifications bar though. I have flashed FLB, then applied the fix zip. All good it goes no bother. But when I install the Gingerbread theme it's back. Can't get rid. If I try and run it with the theme installed I lose the clock top right. Any ideas anyone?

Guest TheManicGibbon
Hi, sorry but i have a question: in this rom i have not found fmradio.apk...why? in the FLB foryo r10 fmradio there is but i don't remember if work completely

thanks at all

Because it was discovered that the radio app doesn't quit properly, and is a huge drain on battery life. You'd have to manually kill it every time once you'd finished with it or your battery would be dead in hours.

Just moved over from SS5 to FLB last night. Was getting the battery drain issue with SS5 so thought I'd try this.

I'm having trouble removing the toolbar on the notifications bar though. I have flashed FLB, then applied the fix zip. All good it goes no bother. But when I install the Gingerbread theme it's back. Can't get rid. If I try and run it with the theme installed I lose the clock top right. Any ideas anyone?

Not that I'm trying to pimp my own stuff or anything; but if you follow the link in my sig, you'll find one of my themes gives you the Gingerbread theme, but without the notification widget. The clock is fine, I'm running this myself atm. Hope this helps!

Guest mitchgixer6
Because it was discovered that the radio app doesn't quit properly, and is a huge drain on battery life. You'd have to manually kill it every time once you'd finished with it or your battery would be dead in hours.

Not that I'm trying to pimp my own stuff or anything; but if you follow the link in my sig, you'll find one of my themes gives you the Gingerbread theme, but without the notification widget. The clock is fine, I'm running this myself atm. Hope this helps!

Many thanks for your reply. I'll try out your theme tonight. Cheers.

Guest bbdoc

Hi,

Just installed this ROM, working fine, but I'm having an issue trying to connect to a mail account in IMAP. It gives me an error that I'm entering incorrect username/password, which I know is not correct, as I configured the exact same account with the same credentials under outlook with no issue.

Can you help?

Thanks

Guest fox2000

I miss FLB's smoothness; too bad that ZTE Dialer is broken... it's preventing me from switching to FLB r11 :P

As CM is mostly buggy and broken, I'm currently trying SS (with working ZTE Dialer), but it's nowhere as smooth as FLB...

Guest MKICampaign
I miss FLB's smoothness; too bad that ZTE Dialer is broken... it's preventing me from switching to FLB r11 :P

As CM is mostly buggy and broken, I'm currently trying SS (with working ZTE Dialer), but it's nowhere as smooth as FLB...

What about using one of the other dialer apps or is there something in particular you need that is available only in the ZTE Dialer? I personally use Dialer One.

Guest fox2000

For me T9 dialling is absolutely mandatory, as I do use the Blade mainly as a phone :rolleyes:

Once I tried a third party dialer with T9 support; maybe it's just because I got used to it, but I found ZTE Dialer's interface just simpler, cleaner and more comfortable :P

maybe I'll give a try to Dialer One, hoping that it's not the one I tried months ago... and uninstalled in 2 minutes! <_<

Edited  by fox2000