[ROM] [Froyo] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT] [Gen1]

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
have you removed quickoffice?

Is it possible for me to install it separately?

Yes, its in the market.

@Flibblesan

Will it work fine if i replaced the Launcher2.apk with the Go Launcher Ex's APK file with the intention to have Go Launcher EX as my only launcher app ?

Yes, delete Launcher2.apk from the zip and add Go Launcher.

Is it possible to uninstall AdFree without causing any problems?

Yes, no problem. Either delete the file from the zip before flashing or use adb shell or root explorer to delete it. Having AdFree on the phone doesn't make any difference if you haven't opened it to replace the hosts file. And if you use the app to replace the hosts file to block ads you can reverse the changes.

Guest asm19

Very good job, Flibblesan.

This is the best rom 2.2 Froyo, the battery lasts, hard, tough and performance is not affected. 5 ***** Again, congratulations Flibblesan.

This will be the final version or is thinking about launching a new version? This rom is perfect, what is missing most? :D

Edited by asm19

Guest Movisman

Hi Flibblesan,

Awesome work as always. Running r10 at the moment with no issues, it's really stable. I never get force closes unless it's a third party app misbehaving. I will be updating to r11 soon!

One thing i'm still noticing (think I mentioned it once before), is that any apps 'pre-installed' do not show up in the market as 'updateable' eg. they don't show at all under 'my apps' in the market, and when searching for them in the market they still show as 'free' instead of 'update available'. When you click through to install though the icon does say 'update' instead of 'install'.

The workaround i'm using is to use the Appbrain client to manage my updates, as this seems to show updates for built in apps, preinstalled third party apps, and apps installed from the market later. So it's not a major thing for me.

For example, Facebook has just been updated to 1.5.2, but I would have never found this out if it wasn't for appbrain telling me, as the built in market updater won't pick it up. However once i've updated the app via the market future updates will appear. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Could you point me to CHANGES or "What's New" of r11? So I (and many others, I guess) can decide if it is worth upgrading from r10.

Thanks.

Oh, sorry looks like I missed it in the first post :D

Edited by ttyx

Guest Simon O
This will be the final version or is thinking about launching a new version? This rom is perfect, what is missing most? :D

Good question and something I did forget to mention.

Yes, r11 can be considered the final version of the ROM but this doesn't mean I've stopped developing it. If some serious bugs pop out and I have to release a fix then it'll be a small update to be flashed over the r11 base. Same for any future enhancements too. But if I end up releasing several updates then I'll just package up a new complete ROM to make things easier.

However I don't expect any crazy bugs to suddenly appear!

A message for people that like to build their own custom kernels

Feel free to share your custom kernels for FLB if you like! I have absolutely no problem with people releasing custom versions of my ROM with a new kernel.

A message for people that like to edit roms

As above, feel free to make changes to FLB and release as a custom ROM. Just please mention that it is based on FLB and make sure you list all your changes and improvements.

Why am I doing this?

Seeing people release their own versions of CM7 and custom kernels gave me this idea. It's already popular on the Pulse forums where users are taking the existing ROMs and improving upon them with little or no input from the original authors. I like this a lot as it takes the load of the original author (ie me) and allows people to have a version of a popular ROM with specific options they want. Some people might not want overclocking but need CIFS support, for example.

So is FLB development dead?

Absolutely not. Did I not mention this already? :(

Guest Simon O
No, playing it on SS2 now. :D

Ah, I see SS2 has stagefright completely disabled in the ROM and still has the AACDec and MP3Dec libs. Try completely disabling stagefright in the build.prop first and if that still doesn't work then it might need the broken playback libs. I can package them up if you end up needing them.

Guest John Mills

Hi Fibble,

thanks again for producing this ROM! I really appreciate all of your hard work. The only issue I have is really the same as what I had in 10b and that is my camcorder application crashes after a few seconds and I am unable to use it at all. I performed a full wipe and factory reset. I used clockwork V3.0.0.6. I have an original OLED blade. Please can you see if there is a fix.

Best regards,

Guest burstlam

except adfree doesn't load up~ blank screen.

probably the SU problem.

all the other things work smoothly, this is a superb fine polished art piece

especially u get the smartdialer version up finally.

thanks!

except adfree doesn't load up~ blank screen.

probably the SU problem.

all the other things work smoothly, this is a superb fine polished art piece

especially u get the smartdialer version up finally.

thanks!

adfree load up here without any problem (r11, clean flash)

Guest marin6061

Hi, first of all I would like to say thank you for your work.

I am very new to the Android world, and maybe my question too silly. I apologize for this.

When the phone is in the "Sleep" mode (the screen is blind), the only way to wake up the phone is by pressing the "Power" bottom, but when the charging cable is connected the phone could be waked up with "Menu" bottom too.

I would like to wake up the phone with the "Menu" bottom, how it could be customized?

Thank you.

Guest mickey megabyte

i think i'm having the occasional SU problem too, after a full wipe. :D

apart from that annoyance every now and then, it's a top rom - a keeper!

Guest tonydl
i think i'm having the occasional SU problem too, after a full wipe. :D

apart from that annoyance every now and then, it's a top rom - a keeper!

Try to delete the Superuser data and reboot.

You have to re-set all apps - but for me it works perfectly now without a single black screen like before.

Guest targetbsp

I'm having the same old superuser problems too. :D Have wiped superuser app data and dalvik cache with no luck. Swedish SPring and Cm7 both have no problems with SU.