[ROM] [Froyo] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT] [Gen1]

Guest Simon O

Guest ogilviea

HELP!

First of all, I don't think this has anything to do with the FLB-Froyo rom (so why post here, I hear you ask! :D )

I was looking forward to installing r11 this evening so, after downloading the zip, I started by backing up my current rom using CWM (3.0.0.6). No problems so far. Then I realised I hadn't copied the r11 zip to the sd card - it was still on the PC. D'oh! OK, no problem, I'll just have to reboot the phone and then copy the zip to the sd card before getting started with the install.

Then the problems began.

The phone stuck at the Android boot logo. For ages. Eventually I lost patience and replaced the battery and tried again. Same result. Yikes!

Rebooting in recovery mode works OK. In desperation, I tried wiping the Dalvik cache, and I saw an "interesting" error message:

"E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]"

...but I don't have an ext partition on the sd card (which is what I assume the error is complaining about). OK, not sure if this error message is at all relevant, but I don't remember seeing it before. The sd card contents (which is fat32 only anyway) look OK.

So now I try to restore the backup I took 30 minutes ago, and things are looking good. Restore completes OK. Same boot problem :(

Next, I notice that there is an updated version of CWM (3.0.1.4) for the phone, so I decide to try installing that. CWM image downloaded and ready, fastboot ready, volume up, power on, connect to PC... Windows hardware wizard asks for the drivers for "Android". "Android"? What the hell?? What happened to "ZTE HUB", etc.? The PC doesn't recognize the phone!! (ZTE drivers have previously been installed.)

Seriously, I have no clue how this happened (I can hear the tech support guys among you saying "oh yeah...").

Does anyone have a clue what I can do from here - apart from buy a new Blade :D

Guest Stevvie
Just updated from the r10b to the one R11 with the zte dialer

Instantly noticed that the signal meter disapears from full to nothing with the little 'x' this seems to be in conjunction with the 3G,

whist 3g is on,it will just go off,then back on,,then switching 3g off,knocks it off,and sometimes stays off till i press the top button twice,which brings it back.

But i can still ring into the phone whilst its show no signal,,i think its the 3g thats doing it.

orange san francisco phone,is it helps

Thanks for uploading the R11 its well appreciated

I have the EXACT same thing here. I also notice that when i push the power button and then wake the phone up again it HAS a signal there.

Also still getting black screens in set cpu,autostarts,multi mount, root explorer due to superuser, If I delete supersuser data then reboot they all work for a while then after a whilt they will all just show a black screen when started.

Also I can't seem to work out why the CPU is ALWAYS at 710 (set using set CPU) where it's usually at around the 200 mark. System panel shows NO processes taking up more than a percent or 2, but CPU usage is bouncing around 92-100% mark. OK as soon as I remove my SD card CPU usage drops to 120-200% like it should. So far I've tried reformating the card and even with it FRESHLY formated with NOTHING from me, as soon as the SD card is mounted BAM 710Mhz 100% cpu, but if I even unmount it then back down to 120-200mhz 1-5% CPU usage. I have so far tried with 3 cards (1 samsung class 6 8gig, 1 verbatim that came with the phone and 1 unbranded). If i do a restore to version10b then cpu is NORMAL usage around 1-5% idle. But as soon as I install V11 even WITHOUT any apps installed by me then back to 100% cpu usage. Anybody else checked theirs ?

Edited by Stevvie

Guest wookie16081965
same here going to try stock dialer now see if get same error

update everything running now no probs must be something in zte dialer i think

HELP!

First of all, I don't think this has anything to do with the FLB-Froyo rom (so why post here, I hear you ask! :D )

I was looking forward to installing r11 this evening so, after downloading the zip, I started by backing up my current rom using CWM (3.0.0.6). No problems so far. Then I realised I hadn't copied the r11 zip to the sd card - it was still on the PC. D'oh! OK, no problem,

[...]

Does anyone have a clue what I can do from here - apart from buy a new Blade :D

Ok, indeed that's no problem at all. You can mount your sd-card from within clockwork. In main menu choose mount and storage - mount USB storage. There you go. Copy your ROM file onto sd card, check the md5 from the ROM file your pc and before you flash your ROM wipe data, cache and advanced/dalvik cache.

Guest kozlowski

Just wanted to express my gratitude for your amazing work. I like how your distro's are minimal along with some components that only make the device look n' feel a lot faster. Bravo!

Guest wookie16081965

anybody having probs with gps i cant get a fix was going to flash gps.config but dont know if its compatable with this rom

EVen though did full wipe first time dalvlik cache and everything did it again signed up to google using 3g not wifi and now works great getting a fix in about 10 secs even in the house what a great rom this is thanks FIBBLESAN thanks again

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest Jasben

Hi, THanks for your work it r11 seems to be better over bluetooth. I have been looking for Quickoffice in the market but cannot find it. is there anyway it can be put in an extras zip? Cheers

Guest Simon O

Those having issues with the ZTE Dialer crashing could you please make some logs and add them here or, if they are too big, put them onto http://pastebin.com/ so I can get this sorted. Thanks guys.

BTW the wifi/3G disconnect bug only seems to happen when wifi connects but it's fine after. I don't know whats causing it either as the logs don't show any errors.

Guest wookie16081965

Those having issues with the ZTE Dialer crashing could you please make some logs and add them here or, if they are too big, put them onto http://pastebin.com/ so I can get this sorted. Thanks guys.

BTW the wifi/3G disconnect bug only seems to happen when wifi connects but it's fine after. I don't know whats causing it either as the logs don't show any errors.

[/qu

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest wookie16081965

ive changed to stock dialer now and thats ok but gps is not working cant get a lock can i use the gps.config fix thanks

see post 82 fixed now

Edited by wookie16081965

Just wanted to express my gratitude for your amazing work. I like how your distro's are minimal along with some components that only make the device look n' feel a lot faster. Bravo!

+1 :D

Edited by tmmp

Guest KopCity

Going to install this now. I asked this before,but i didn't get the answer i wanted lol...When will wifi stop disconnecting when phone becomes idle?i installed wifi-fix but i don't want a fix,i want wifi on constantly...

cheers

ps: do i need to do a full wipe? i'm on froyo 10b atm...do i need to wipe anything and if i don't,would you suggest me to do a wipe?

Edited by KopCity

Guest justinsm
Hi all,

I've noticed a new app - AdFree. Apparently from BigTinCan.com

Why should I trust them to oversee my privacy, when they are based in Australia?

http://bigtincan.com/about.html

What does this app do? Can I trust it? Does it act as proxy without telling us?

Well, I've removed it. Would prefer to stick with privoxy.

Edited by justinsm

Guest ogilviea
Ok, indeed that's no problem at all. You can mount your sd-card from within clockwork. In main menu choose mount and storage - mount USB storage. There you go. Copy your ROM file onto sd card, check the md5 from the ROM file your pc and before you flash your ROM wipe data, cache and advanced/dalvik cache.

Thanks bhf, but it's kinda tricky to copy the rom from PC to phone when the phone isn't recognized by the PC :D

Anyway, panic over :D

I have no idea what the problem was, but after a cache clean, dalvik clean and full wipe, I was able to install r10b (a copy of which I had on my sd card). Then, magically, things started working - phone recognised by PC, etc. I was then able to copy the r11 zip to the sd card and install it. Sweet!

First impressions of r11 are extremely favourable. Superuser working nicely, Frankish themes look as good as ever.

Flibblesan - you are a legend!

Guest Simon O
Hi all,

I've noticed a new app - AdFree. Apparently from BigTinCan.com

Why should I trust them to oversee my privacy, when they are based in Australia?

http://bigtincan.com/about.html

What does this app do? Can I trust it? Does it act as proxy without telling us?

Paranoid much?

It simply updates the host file using a list of known ad provider to block ads in applications and websites. Simple to remove if you don't want it. Just delete from the zip before flashing.

Guest Poodha

Nice to see an already great rom being updated, great work!

One question though, could somebody with a SonyEricsson MW600 BT-headset check if fast forwarding(with the headset buttons) while listening to audio is possible in this ROM? For some weird reason, MW600 works perfectly in Kallt Kaffes's roms(JJ annd SS) but not in CM7 and FLB.

Guest Stevvie
Well, I've removed it. Would prefer to stick with privoxy.

I also remove it as it doesn't really block much now that developers know about it.

Guest justinsm
Paranoid much?

It simply updates the host file using a list of known ad provider to block ads in applications and websites. Simple to remove if you don't want it. Just delete from the zip before flashing.

Yes, I am.

The main problem I have with this platform (I am new, from symbian) is the amount of information leaking back via third party apps. I don't understand the platform and am concerned. You may be completely blasé because you understand everything, I'm not, because I clearly don't.

I'm sorry if I have caused offence.

Edited by justinsm

Guest prasad_den

Installed yesterday (jumping from JJ9 to this one), and so far so good. Haven't faced any problems. The phone appears to be responding quicker, though it might just be wishful thinking on my part. Still, this ROM is very good, and I'm sure it will be my everyday ROM until a tried and tested stable version of CM7 emerges. Thanks Flibblesan.

Guest salazared

Installed r11. It changed the Power Control widget and the notification widget into a larger squared black version of the Power Control.

Were both of these things supposed to happen? The Power Control didn't gel with the rest of my desktop so I installed the notification patch. The desktop widget is back to normal now but the notification widget is totally gone (I would have opted for it to go back to normal instead).

Was it supposed to look like a larger squared black version? Will I get the notification widget back if I repatch r11? It's not a big deal to me actually, but it's nice all the same.

Thanks for all the work on this by the way Fibble. The existence of all of these ROMs adds so much value to the Blade.

Guest Rotmann
is it just me or can I not see a changelog?

It's just you, look again.

Hi, first of all I would like to say thank you for your work.

I am very new to the Android world, and maybe my question too silly. I apologize for this.

When the phone is in the "Sleep" mode (the screen is blind), the only way to wake up the phone is by pressing the "Power" bottom, but when the charging cable is connected the phone could be waked up with "Menu" bottom too.

I would like to wake up the phone with the "Menu" bottom, how it could be customized?

Thank you.

Waking the phone with MENU can only be made when the phone is awake. You can install some apps that don't let the phone sleep, but your battery life will be hit hard.

Any chance of a fix for Tank Hero in the future as it works on 2.1

Disable stagefright and try again.

Im having a problem guys everytime i go to install rom from rom manager it says:

'An error occured while attempting to run priveged commands'

Any suggestions???

Im a bit stuck...

Try Seb's Recovery Manager or go the CWM way.

HELP!

bhf's solution was good because the phone wasn't recognized in fastboot, but with the mount option it would have been recognized as a USB drive. Or you could have taken the card out of the blade and with an adapter you could have copied the ROM.

Congratulations FLB for the release, just shows again how devoted you are to the community. Hats off, thanks! :D

Edited by Rotmann

Guest jansenf

Fliblesan, thanks for your good job.

But when I use ZTE dialer to dial a number, it crashed and showed "sorry, the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.