[ROM] [Froyo] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT] [Gen1]

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
No problem, we do have to thank your work. Just one question, this new release r11 not drain the battery faster than the r10?

It shouldn't do.

Guest asm19
It shouldn't do.

Ok, today I got this idea. 1h30min spent on 10% battery with 3G off, WIFI off ... I will test the r11b is already flashed. :D

Guest shmvn

Hi, I have a quick, maybe a little stupid question. I've r10b now, and I want to install r11, do I have to install firmware or install firmware update (from recovery manager) ? thanks

Guest TheBrainKafka

Hi fibblesan,

Is there already a workaround of has anyone any clue for solving the problem of the 09er IMEI Blades, which appear to be non flashable at the moment. Furthermore they come without fastboot option. Seem to be 09er IMEI#s

Guest Stevvie

Right, it turns out that if I have any AACPlus encoded music on my memory card with R11 then CPU stays at 100% and the battery just drains like crazy (obviously it would at 100%). If I remove the AACPlus and replace them with AAC encoded files then the CPU drops down to 1-10% after it's read the card. I never noticed this on R10b as my battery lasted in excess of 2 whole days with moderate web/music use. So anybody with battery draining too fast see if your CPU is stuck at 100%, if so try just unmounting the SD card. If that stops the CPU being at 100% then you might have an AACPluss file or 2 on your card somewhere. In system panel (from the market) when my CPU is at 100% the offending process is mediaserver so not sure if this is a codec problem or file system but leaning towards the former.

Guest JCPren
Can Iask if anything has changed with the way this ROM handles Bluetooth compared to r10b?

Although the phone pairs with my car I am unable to make calls but can receive & dial directly from the handset (with speech carried over the car radio).

+1

The Bluetooth call fails, but if I then pull out the Blade and press the power button to wake it up, it starts dialling the number!

Guest ZTE_Blade

Juut tested the r11B wifi hot spot works fine!! thank you.

just a question is their any way to get the menu page to scroll? instead of it being "jumpy"

Thanx Nice work!

Edited by ZTE_Blade

Guest jonbe

Hi,

I'm just wondering if the WiFi dropping is a feature or a bug, while I lock my screen WiFi connection drops. :D

When I unlock my screen it takes some time to reconnect to WiFi and it's kinda annoying. I'm not using Batteryfu or other battery saving programs.

(I'm using FLB-Froyo R9 firmware atm, if it matters)

Edited by jonbe

Guest Paden
+1

The Bluetooth call fails, but if I then pull out the Blade and press the power button to wake it up, it starts dialling the number!

That's the same behaviour I experience.

I've just wiped my phone again, installed nothing & synced with Google, will see how it performs tomorrow.

Cheers, Paul

Guest onlinejobwork
What is FLB-Froyo G2?

It's a ROM based upon the most recent Chinese Froyo ROM for the ZTE Blade with all operator customizations removed and elements from stock Android 2.2.2r1. This is designed to provide the most vanilla Froyo experience for the ZTE Blade along with some speed.

ROM Features

- Google apps

- Full Market

- Custom kernel with overclocking, RDS radio, TUN, CIFS, EXT4, smartass and BFS/BFQ

- Small enough to fit on the smaller 128MB system partition for resized TPT users

- Rooted with working Superuser

- Pretty good battery life

- ROM built on the ZTE Chinese 2.2 base with some elements from the Japanese leak and recent Swedish ROM. Most system apps updated to Android 2.2.2 versions to take advantage of bug & security fixes.

Hints & tips

- Facebook & Twitter contact sync only works if you are using the stock Android contacts & dialer

- Battery levels can be incorrect after a new flash. Wait until you have run the ROM for several days as Android will need to recalibrate the battery levels. Alternatively you can perform a full charge with the phone is on, unplug the phone and switch off then charge it up again until the light goes green. Turn on the phone holding VOLUME DOWN to enter recovery and wipe battery stats.

- ROM is ready for overclocking. Use No-Frills CPU Control or SetCPU, both available from the Market

- Smartass is enabled in the ROM. Again use No-Frills CPU Control or SetCPU to switch the default governor to use this.

- FM Radio is missing? Removed by default as it drains battery. Get it here if you want to install it.

- Applications force closing a lot? Wipe the phone fully and re-install again

Downloads

FLB Froyo r11 with ZTE SmartDialer & Contacts: Download (82.2 MB) MD5 64CF52941660A5B27F4AA3DE9BE38E77 - THIS IS CURRENTLY FAULTY. REMOVED UNTIL A FIX IS AVAILABLE

FLB Froyo r11b with Android Stock Dialer & Contacts: Download Mirror (81.9 MB) MD5 A147F96572667ADEB25661B4486AA9AD

Patch to remove the pull-down notification bar widgets: flb-froyo-notification.zip Mirror (2.54 MB) MD5 6473CB97A86BEE46A5035345F67A6AAE

If flashing a custom theme from frankish then please flash the notification bar removal patch before the theme. You only need to do this once.

If you want to use r11 with the ZTE dialer then you may have to wipe and do a fresh installation. You will also need to wipe if you've updated to r11 stock dialer then decide in the future you want to use ZTE dialer instead. Changes to the contact database between dialers means that it's difficult to switch dialers without causing problems.

Problem with the ROM? Please post in the discussion thread. LINK

Want the Gingerbread theme? Frankish is your man. Download them (and more) here

Kernel source blah blah gpl compliance blah blah

Oh ok then. You can find my modified kernel source on my github. Feel free to modify as much as you want. https://github.com/flibblesan/ZTE-BLADE-2.6.32

A message for people that like to build their own custom kernels

Feel free to share your custom kernels for FLB if you like! I have absolutely no problem with people releasing custom versions of my ROM with a new kernel.

A message for people that like to edit roms

As above, feel free to make changes to FLB and release as a custom ROM. Just please mention that it is based on FLB and make sure you list all your changes and improvements.

Why am I doing this?

Seeing people release their own versions of CM7 and custom kernels gave me this idea. It's already popular on the Pulse forums where users are taking the existing ROMs and improving upon them with little or no input from the original authors. I like this a lot as it takes the load of the original author (ie me) and allows people to have a version of a popular ROM with specific options they want. Some people might not want overclocking but need CIFS support, for example.

Dear Friend

I am your big fan and many thanks for your great work so far, keep it up, I tryied almost ur every rom and its work like charm wothout problem on my orange sf, I recently buy Motorola DEFY and I want to try few things which is designed for SF, is it possible that can I try dialer, filer, fm radio apps, themes etc. on my Motorola DEFY? the only one things wehich I missed most from my SF is the dialler with inbuilt recoding facility I would be very be very greatful to u if U can post that dialer with recording inbuilt which I can install on my Motorola DEFY, I managed to sold my SF when I got Motorola DEFY free with t-m contract

Thanks in advance

Onlinejobwork

Guest wasteduser
Anyone with issues using the wifi hotspot and/or USB tethering please download and try this update. It doesn't contain the ZTE Dialer as I'm still working on this but please give this update a try and it should resolve the issues with tethering.

http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/blade/roms...-froyo-r11b.zip (81.9 MB) MD5 A147F96572667ADEB25661B4486AA9AD

Should be fine to use without wiping.

Many thanks

Working again now, thanks for the quick fix :D

Guest burstlam

I have an issue concern with the new kernel merged with BFS/BFQ

one cannot deny that in most cases, it is beneficial to performance.

however, this new kernel slows down in several occasions, namely the mobo media player.

with R9B /10B kernel it plays (rmvb) smoothly, i would say it is a promising performance even it is using soft decoding only.

but it becomes laggy with this new kernel,

I have encounter this similiar situation with the experimental kernel on CM. so i think it is something related to BFS/BFQ...

Also, I am quite sure this thing slows down the apps/ games which need excessive reading of the sd card.

I hope u may draw some time to look into this.

thank you.

Edited by burstlam

Guest prasad_den

One small query. I had installed the r11a version (the one with the broken hotspot feature) a couple of days back. Now, can I use upgrade firmware option to install the r11b version?

If I use the Install firmware option, will there be any loss of user data / personalization settings..?

Guest rak007

Downloaded the r11b. Hopefully i dont face any issues without wiping. It is a real pain to reinstall all the apps again. *I dont trust titanium backup.

Guest darren 1980

Many thanks Flibblesan, you have brought mine and my g/f's ZTE Blades to life

with r10b. It's funny as when we first got our OSF's we both installed a basic

2.1 rom. A couple of days later I made the leap to your 2.2 rom and have

never looked back (my girlfriend saw it running and my words to her was

"Wow !!! this runs like sh** off a stick" lol)

So, again thank you so much for some truly outstanding work.

Kind Regards *Daz* :D

That's the same behaviour I experience.

I've just wiped my phone again, installed nothing & synced with Google, will see how it performs tomorrow.

Cheers, Paul

Same here. Sometimes it even does not connect my car device. Turning off+on bluetooth helps.

BTW: running 11!

Nevertheless best ROM!!!

Guest Paden
Same here. Sometimes it even does not connect my car device. Turning off+on bluetooth helps.

BTW: running 11!

Nevertheless best ROM!!!

Checked it the way to work this morning & found it the same.

It'll receive calls ok but will only make calls if the phone is awake.

Calls attempted while asleep fail but appear to be buffered as they are dialled when Bluetooth is disabled???

Hopefully detailing the syptoms will help with a solution :-)

Cheers, Paul

Guest Rasped

@Flibblesan

Off topic

Now that you found money to buy a HTC Desire, can I expect to get my money back from the 3 phones I ordered through you but never got?

Guest mrz_hun

Is there any chance of fixing the dropping of the cell network issue after waking the phone and connecting to wifi? (bars go down to x and 'No service' is shown in status dropdown)

I am unsure if this is a display issue or if the phone really does drop off the network, since pressing the power button to put it to sleep, then pressing it again to bring it back to sleep restores the bars almost immediately.

I have read, that in the dropped state incoming calls are accepted, but the phone cannot initiate outgoing calls (I can't confirm this though).

I have used Seb's de-crossed 2.2 ROM, and never once experienced this. I have not tried other 2.2 ROMs, so I don't know if this bug is present in other ROMs.

Nevertheless, I am concerned about this issue.

Otherwise this ROM is great and your work is truly appreciated!

Guest madboffin

I've just flashed 11b (standard dialler) and as always I'm impressed. Currently I've two observations/questions.

When saving telephone numbers the system defaults to the US xxx-xxx-xxxx numbering style. Is their an option to make it more European looking ? I didn't notice this in previous flb ROMS.

If I want to run the smartass power save option I'm assuming that I need to re-run the SetCPU app after every power cycle unless I select the boot option. If I do select "set on boot" and something goes wrong is their a way back ? (apart from restoring a backup from clockwork)

Thanks again Fibblesan for a well rounded and stable ROM - not too hot and not too cold !

Guest mon3em
Is there any chance of fixing the dropping of the cell network issue after waking the phone and connecting to wifi? (bars go down to x and 'No service' is shown in status dropdown)

I am unsure if this is a display issue or if the phone really does drop off the network, since pressing the power button to put it to sleep, then pressing it again to bring it back to sleep restores the bars almost immediately.

I have read, that in the dropped state incoming calls are accepted, but the phone cannot initiate outgoing calls (I can't confirm this though).

I have used Seb's de-crossed 2.2 ROM, and never once experienced this. I have not tried other 2.2 ROMs, so I don't know if this bug is present in other ROMs.

Nevertheless, I am concerned about this issue.

Otherwise this ROM is great and your work is truly appreciated!

hey i had the same problem with network. even while i'm on phone calls and i just set the phone network manual not automatic.

then it's going fine now since 2 days and still testing

good luck