StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest alexmoi
Hi I just encountered a problem with the new build on my phone.

I had upgrade fro 1.6.1 straight to 1.9.

The issue currently is that the video camera is not working. I can take pictures but as soon as I try to take video, the camera would lock up and force close. Then i would encounter some random reboots on my phone as well, but it wouldnt go through the whole android setup either, it just resets quickly, but again I am unable to shoot video.

I've tried clearing the dalvik-cache (from /data) and did a factory reset, but the camera still freezes. Any advice?

If it's only force closes when you press the record button try changing the resolution from 720p to a lower res. If it works then it's your 720p recording the prob. If it's the case try installing the 720p fix.

Was my problem. I had installed all versions of streakdroid and on one certain update it just stopped working like that. Did the fix and all worked

Guest zero410
If it's only force closes when you press the record button try changing the resolution from 720p to a lower res. If it works then it's your 720p recording the prob. If it's the case try installing the 720p fix.

Was my problem. I had installed all versions of streakdroid and on one certain update it just stopped working like that. Did the fix and all worked

Awesome, I didnt actually see that part... thanks a bunch!

Guest payce

Hey Steve!

First of all: Thnx A LOT for Streakdroid 1.9 - it's running like a charm! Bug-free (within my 2 weeks of testing), high performance and just really nice framework-work! :D

I am a *little* (!!!) bit experienced with other custom ROMs from the milestone, so I looked for all important stuff (to me) on my own as far as possible (dalvik cache tweaking, dpi, framework etc). But there are some open points which I could not solve at all up to now. I would like to ask following questions and hope that you find the time (and muse) to answer those.

- Overclocking: On my Streak, everything > 1190 MHz results in quasi-instantaneous freeze. Is there any possibility to tweak CPU *voltage*? If you could raise that, frequencies up to 1500 MHz would be feasible without any problems (but at the risk of frying the CPU - so for experienced (or crazy) users only). I looked for such variables during runtime (/proc/ and /sys/class/ and others) but were not able to find any suitable variables. Just fyi: On Moto Milestone overclocking to ~ 200% (1,1 GHz) is feasible when adapting CPU voltage (to appr. 105% .. 110% of original voltage).

- Is there any chance to change that standard-landscape orientation to portrait? I think you were fighting this issue in your MIUI-adaption, too. Is this a framework- or kernel-related issue? (Especially because shortly after boot the Streak seems to *switch* from portrait to landscape on the lock screen). Any idea / hint?

- I really dislike that behaviour of 345 ROM that those three LED's at the bottom switch off after appr. 5 secs. In 318 the LED's were lit up as long as the display was on. Any hint/idea where that behaviour is coming from? If it is kernel-related, what module could it be? (Again I searched /proc/ and /sys/ for appropriate entries without any success) Workaround right now: Echo the value of screen brightness to /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness on screen on (e.g. via Tasker/Locale) - REALLY not elegant btw.

THNX again and BR!

Guest Hans A.

does anyone know why when you turn on the screen it turns off like after 5 seconds? it doesn't obey the timeout value. if you unlock it, then it does. but the initial unlocked screen turns off after like 5 seconds.

Guest Wee Thomas

After updating to 1.9.0 I've noticed that I only get rotation to primary landscape and primary portrait. I don't get any secondary rotations (ie holding the phone "upside down").

Guest somebody9

I did a full factory reset using 1.5.3 then went to 1.9.0 and now I get a lot of system freezes and random reboots. Still haven't used anything as stable as 1.6.0 :D

Guest frankquattrone

If we're reporting bugs, I found one. The dictionary force closes. I did not install the GB keyboard because I know that has force close issues but in previous versions of Steve's ROM, the dictionary would work if I didn't install the GB keyboard. Otherwise, no other issues I've run into so far although battery life does seem poor.

Guest tv-arnd
After updating to 1.9.0 I've noticed that I only get rotation to primary landscape and primary portrait. I don't get any secondary rotations (ie holding the phone "upside down").

upside down works for me, but portrait (buttons at the top) does not. I use launcherpro.

Guest xO Gideon Ox

Dont know if anyone else has had this issue but i've noticed if you have headphones plugged in and playing music on the standard profile (not silent) then if you get a text/email the notification is still playing through the speakers as well as the headphones instead of only going through the headphones.

I'm using poweramp for my music currently if thats any help. Is it just me or can anyone else replicate this?

Guest payce
does anyone know why when you turn on the screen it turns off like after 5 seconds? it doesn't obey the timeout value. if you unlock it, then it does. but the initial unlocked screen turns off after like 5 seconds.

This is not a streakdroid-related but standard behaviour of Android. The screen is intended to switch off fast in case you don't unlock.

Guest nalpt

Hi,

I'm new to droid: was an omnia and omnia 2 wm6.5 user, registered here for a while. I installed streakdroid because of bt voice command issues on stock 2.2, that should've been corrected in 2.2.2 (and that seems to be the case in streakdroid :D)

streakdroid was easy and fast to install using streakmod and all seems well, and better functioning, like the new stage ui, stable, etc., (Thank you Stephen) except for one issue:

My market and appbrain won't update apps nor install new ones. On stock froyo I used to see the download symbol in the notification bar. when I touched it it would show success and start the app. now the dload symbol stays on for very little time and then it gives no other information and the app does not install. If I can't fix this, I'll have to go back to stock.

Can anyone help?

Also, what is the little target like symbol in the notification bar next to the BT and Signal symbols, that appears intermittently?

TIA

PS alexmoi: i see ar.por lite 122, but cant dload. I thought my problem might have been similar to your issu, but its not.

Guest StreakyJ
Hi,

I'm new to droid: was an omnia and omnia 2 wm6.5 user, registered here for a while. I installed streakdroid because of bt voice command issues on stock 2.2, that should've been corrected in 2.2.2 (and that seems to be the case in streakdroid :D)

streakdroid was easy and fast to install using streakmod and all seems well, and better functioning, like the new stage ui, stable, etc., (Thank you Stephen) except for one issue:

My market and appbrain won't update apps nor install new ones. On stock froyo I used to see the download symbol in the notification bar. when I touched it it would show success and start the app. now the dload symbol stays on for very little time and then it gives no other information and the app does not install. If I can't fix this, I'll have to go back to stock.

Can anyone help?

Also, what is the little target like symbol in the notification bar next to the BT and Signal symbols, that appears intermittently?

TIA

PS alexmoi: i see ar.por lite 122, but cant dload. I thought my problem might have been similar to your issu, but its not.

I am successfully updating apps through market and have no issues with appbrain either. The target symbol is gpa locator prob for weather widget or google etc

Guest nalpt

Hi StreakJ,

thanks for the info on the probe. As for the the market problem, I reflashed the rom and its still happenning. Can't figure this one out. Everything else is fine, flashing was smootth, I did not even have to reinstall any of my apps; no isntability. Just this one glitch.

Is there an optinio anywhere (specific or not to this rom) to block instalation of apps? I'm running juice Defender, could this be it, since it controls wifi usage?

Thanks

Guest alexmoi
Hi StreakJ,

thanks for the info on the probe. As for the the market problem, I reflashed the rom and its still happenning. Can't figure this one out. Everything else is fine, flashing was smootth, I did not even have to reinstall any of my apps; no isntability. Just this one glitch.

Is there an optinio anywhere (specific or not to this rom) to block instalation of apps? I'm running juice Defender, could this be it, since it controls wifi usage?

Thanks

Seeing as it's not a commonly hear prob did you try installing earlier versions and if no positive result try starting from a different version of official 2.2.

I've had certain bugs when base installing O2 2.2 that i wouldn't with rogers 2.2 and vise versa.

Guest dacho

Just to post an update for this release. So far i have had 2 reboots while in very low reception area and trying to use the internet. Besides that i have had no other problems. My only wish is to get back leds on the capacitive buttons. Any ideas? I've posted a couple of times before asking the same question but nobody seems to know. Anyways love the release and thank you very much.

Guest nalpt
Seeing as it's not a commonly hear prob did you try installing earlier versions and if no positive result try starting from a different version of official 2.2.

I've had certain bugs when base installing O2 2.2 that i wouldn't with rogers 2.2 and vise versa.

I'll try that, maybe with an earlier version of streakmod.

Guest G4sD0c
I'll try that, maybe with an earlier version of streakmod.

Had all the previous streakdroid versions - installed 1.9.0 over 1.8.1 Some problems with FC's and reboots. Did a factory reset from 1.9.0 and re-install of 1.9.0 with excellent result.

Now very smooth and stable, no reboots and the only FC when invoking email from StageUI widget otherwise great! Quadrant score >1750. Consider factory reset!

Guest mancterrier

Works fine here mate.

Guest Lettre531

I went straight directly from release 1.5.0 and I've used this new release since last week. It works fine, very fast and smooth, the battery is good. Thanks a lot Steve :D!

Guest nalpt
Had all the previous streakdroid versions - installed 1.9.0 over 1.8.1 Some problems with FC's and reboots. Did a factory reset from 1.9.0 and re-install of 1.9.0 with excellent result.

Now very smooth and stable, no reboots and the only FC when invoking email from StageUI widget otherwise great! Quadrant score >1750. Consider factory reset!

Thanks for the suggestion. Did a factory reset and the glitch went away:) Rest seems good too.

As for rotation, I get primary and secondary landscape, no upside-down in portrait (think I had it in stock O2 Froyo)

Edited by nalpt

Guest BigdaddyH

Tried 1.9.0 and was getting FC a lot on WWF. Everything else on the ROM was awesome. I'm waiting for next release to try again. Thanks Steve.

Thanks for the suggestion. Did a factory reset and the glitch went away:) Rest seems good too.

As for rotation, I get primary and secondary landscape, no upside-down in portrait (think I had it in stock O2 Froyo)

Guest PipoXtreme
Tried 1.9.0 and was getting FC a lot on WWF. Everything else on the ROM was awesome. I'm waiting for next release to try again. Thanks Steve.

I update my streak yesterday with the new baseband and reinstall 1.9.0. After this I reinstall my apps again... but this morning I`ve random reboots on my device.. is there maybe a problem bug in update 1.9.0 which is responsible for this?

Guest Javacolours

Great build. A FR is a must after installing this version!

I see a FC in keyboard settings but 3G/wifi works great now. :D

Edited by Javacolours

Guest nalpt

Anyone using Igo Myway? It seems to be slower on streak droid than on stock O2 froyo. I've reflashed with the perfmod option and noticed no difference in Igo performance (or any other app, so maybe I flashed wrong - how do I know if the perfmod is active?)

I've had no stability issues or any other problem, bar the previously mentioned and solved glitch. Great rom!

TIA

Guest Hans A.

the hotspot is very slow to the point of it being unuseable. today I lost power at home and tried to tether both with USB and wifi and it wasn't very good. I had to take the sim out and put it in my iphone 4 and that tethered at awesome speeds.

any ideas? I haven't tried with stock ROM so I don't have a baseline to compare it to.