StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest waj1234

Is it on only me who has wifi not staying connecting whe n screen is sleeping as mine never reconnects once screen goes off. Every thing else is perfect though.

Guest Wee Thomas
upside down works for me, but portrait (buttons at the top) does not. I use launcherpro.

After a reset, mine now works like this.

Guest alert_bri

Is there an ideal baseband for use with 1.9.0? I have the feeling that call quality is poor, and my bluetooth headset microphone seems to have stopped working.

Cheers

Brian

Guest fards
Is there an ideal baseband for use with 1.9.0? I have the feeling that call quality is poor, and my bluetooth headset microphone seems to have stopped working.

Cheers

Brian

Use the default boot.IMG looks like the others have the volboost in them...

Guest Dan_Phantom

I still cant get streak radio working!!!! I dropped fm_hcitool in system/xbin folder, changed permissions, rebooted and nothing. I used terminal to try and run it, "command not found". I tried dropping the file in system/bin folder and it still isnt working. What should I do?

Edited by Dan_Phantom

Guest TheCanucklehead

I'm hoping someone can answer these questions - I've been sifting through a lot of stuff that hasn't provided me any answers:

1. Is 1.9.0 stable? Last comments I saw when 1.8 was release suggested 1.6.x was the most stable at the time
  2. What's the process, coming from Rogers 2.2? I have rooted the phone, and installed StreakMod

Details:

• Android: 2.2.1
  • Build Number: 14896
  • Baseband: GAUSB1A133932-US
  • OEM Version: GAUSB1A133932

Guest alexmoi
I'm hoping someone can answer these questions - I've been sifting through a lot of stuff that hasn't provided me any answers:
  1. Is 1.9.0 stable? Last comments I saw when 1.8 was release suggested 1.6.x was the most stable at the time
  2. What's the process, coming from Rogers 2.2? I have rooted the phone, and installed StreakMod
Details:
  • Android: 2.2.1
  • Build Number: 14896
  • Baseband: GAUSB1A133932-US
  • OEM Version: GAUSB1A133932

Just update your recovery img with fastboot and then use the guide on page 1 for the rest.

Guest Stevewt
Is it on only me who has wifi not staying connecting whe n screen is sleeping as mine never reconnects once screen goes off. Every thing else is perfect though.

I have this same issue.

Guest kibcom

Sorry to pee on your parade but what does this offer over a standard 2.2 installation?

Seems a lot of hard work and potential grief. For what?

My Streak works great and does everything I want as fast as I want.

Can't see the point but I'm sure some geek will enlighten me.....

Guest alexmoi
Sorry to pee on your parade but what does this offer over a standard 2.2 installation?

Seems a lot of hard work and potential grief. For what?

My Streak works great and does everything I want as fast as I want.

Can't see the point but I'm sure some geek will enlighten me.....

Thanx for the complement of being a geek lol....... in laments terms it is more responsive to the touch. If you find the stock 2.2 perfect for you don't change because you will find after that the stock 2.2 is sluggish. Kinda like going from a single core pc to a quad core pc and after having to go back and use the single core.

Guest tv-arnd

a tricky one :-) Go to Settings->Wireless->Wifi-Settings->press menu-button->select Advanced->Wifi Sleep Policy->select Never

This is anyway the recommend setting to save power (because if 3G/GSM takes over at at home, it consumes too much power).

Edited by tv-arnd

Guest Stevewt
a tricky one :-) Go to Settings->Wireless->Wifi-Settings->press menu-button->select Advanced->Wifi Sleep Policy->select Never

This is anyway the recommend setting to save power (because if 3G/GSM takes over at at home, it consumes too much power).

I have this set correctly but still have the issue.

Guest waj1234
I have this set correctly but still have the issue.

Yup me also. I always set it to never on all the android phones I have owned.

Guest xO Gideon Ox

Does anybody know if the phone now presents itself differently to the android market? An app i bought for my daughter "MyDog MyHome" which is a bit like nintendogs is not showing on the market anymore, i found it was still on the marketplace online though. If i click on it there to reinstall it (app got corrupted) then it says my device is not compatible...although it does show my phone on a seperate line as if it's a different phone....any clues?

If anyone can let me know if they see it in the market via the phone or not....just doing a quick search...if other people can then i got a bit of glitch and i can sort that out...if it's something different in the builds then i'd need some help from Steve/Fards on this one :D

Guest Joolsc
Does anybody know if the phone now presents itself differently to the android market? An app i bought for my daughter "MyDog MyHome" which is a bit like nintendogs is not showing on the market anymore, i found it was still on the marketplace online though. If i click on it there to reinstall it (app got corrupted) then it says my device is not compatible...although it does show my phone on a seperate line as if it's a different phone....any clues?

Is it MyDog MyHome or MyDog MyRoom? because I cannot find "MyDog MyHome" even on the websites.

Guest waj1234

Last few days mine has started just rebooting randomly even when just sat there. Done it 5 times this morning. Is there something that may cause this or perhaps a re flash of the rom is needed?

Guest Edrill

I had the same randoom reboot issue. Didn't start immediately after I upgraded to 1.9.0. It was a while before it started. Funny thing is, I had done a factory reset and then flashed 1.9.0. I just factory resetted, went down to 1.5.1 and then came back to 1.9.0 once again, a few of days back. The only difference being that this time I've left perfmod disabled. Wanna see if that makes any difference. Just had one random reboot so far, and that was a couple of days ago.

Guest cuorekid

i just get a Streak wanna ask can this Base Version to be root hope someone can help thanks

Android Version 2.2.2

Baseband version GAUSB1A134700-EU

Kernel version 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM Version GAUSB1A134700

Build Number 15274

Edited by cuorekid

Guest waj1234
I had the same randoom reboot issue. Didn't start immediately after I upgraded to 1.9.0. It was a while before it started. Funny thing is, I had done a factory reset and then flashed 1.9.0. I just factory resetted, went down to 1.5.1 and then came back to 1.9.0 once again, a few of days back. The only difference being that this time I've left perfmod disabled. Wanna see if that makes any difference. Just had one random reboot so far, and that was a couple of days ago.

Yeah mine was fine at first also. Strange. I may go back to official 2.2.2 but when I tried I got flashing 3 lights which I think is a baseband issue. I not sure now how to go back to a different baseband which is compatible with official 2.2.2 or which baseband is the correct one?

Guest Stephen Hyde

wifi stays awake quite happily over here, and perfmod does cause weird and wonderful problems at times such as random reboots etc

Guest waj1234

Its strange as wifi never went off with oficial 2.2.2 but does with this. My wifes blade stays connected also. Is there an easy baseband flasher?

Guest Edrill

Never had any issue with wifi with perfmod. The only issue I've ever had is the random reboots on 1.9.0. They've always been there I guess, but it was way too much on 1.9.0. Oddly, didn't have this issue with any of the 1.9 betas! This is the first time in a long time that I'm running a ROM without perfmod enabled.