StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest NAZty

Flashed 1.9 straight over the top of 1.81 but I've got a weird issue were that my app icons are all displaying quite big and low res? I've checked the density settings and its on 160 (default) so not sure what it could be? Its also got a 3d effect when browsing through my apps but I'm sure its just the stock launcher as I cant see ADW or LauncherPro anywhere (and I didnt put them in my install.txt)

Any ideas?

snap20110323_122051.png

Edited by NAZty

Guest rsfinsrq

Was on 345 and liked the new stage widgets so I flashed 1.9 with stageui. All widgets work properly except the video widget. It won't play trailers lile it did on 345. Tried to rent a movie, took my money fine but won't download the movie. I factory reset 345 prior to flashing 1.9, did a factory reset after flashing, cleared dalvic, cache, fixed permissions, and flashed the 318 bb to no avail.

My install txt;

stageui

us180

noswype

I tried changing density to 160, still won't work. I can browse movies and read the descriptions, just won't play or download.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest at_homeuk

Steve great ROM but just found the Android Keyboard FC from settings

menu/settings/language & settings/android keyboard. FC error process.android.inputmethod.latin

install.txt

stageui

tabletphone

volboost

I have reflashed but still FC.

regards

Guest Kohawk
Flashed 1.9 straight over the top of 1.81 but I've got a weird issue were that my app icons are all displaying quite big and low res? I've checked the density settings and its on 160 (default) so not sure what it could be? Its also got a 3d effect when browsing through my apps but I'm sure its just the stock launcher as I cant see ADW or LauncherPro anywhere (and I didnt put them in my install.txt)

Any ideas?

yes, thats the app tray with the gb launcher.... noticed it as well, but went back to my launcherpro :D Gave stageui a shot, but its just not smooth enough.

Guest NAZty
yes, thats the app tray with the gb launcher.... noticed it as well, but went back to my launcherpro :D Gave stageui a shot, but its just not smooth enough.

Yeah thought it was stock but just found it strange how its a bit 'off' in this version...never had any problems with it before! Yeah running ADWEx at the moment which displays fine...

Guest El-Supremo
Right, so it shouldn't be the back cover. I'll do some more investigating today to see what approximately is causing this issue.

I got the same problem, reflashing without "Perfmode" is enough to stop this problem !!!

Guest zero410
streakradio is broke at min, forgot to add a file :D

drop the attached file into /system/xbin and change its permissions to 755 and it'll fix streakradio

I'm sorry I feel like a complete noob asking this... but I'm having trouble 'dropping' that file into the /system/xbin.

i've saved it onto my sd card, but I cant seem to move it onto the /system/xbin folder as it gives me a 'cross-link' error. I'm trying to use terminal emulator to move it but no such luck.

Do i need to unzip the file? or just put the content in there?

If I wanted to use terminal emulator to do this, can i?

On a side note, I upgrade straight from 1.6.1 with perfmod to 1.9.0 with perfmod and its going super fast! Currently no factory resets needed. I had to reload the widgets on my desktop as they encountered problems (probably do to a screen resizing of some sort) but other than that, its super smooth and great!

Quadrant scored around 1900 with setcpu but no over clock.

All networks, text msgs and internet is working perfectly. (NOTE: I didnt use any of the volume boost options.)

UPDATE: Wait, nevermind, figured out how it actually works now. I was having trouble moving files from the /sdcard (when I should have tried /mnt/sdcard), and trouble mounting the system file (which I had to find out which mount to use first using "cat /proc/mounts"). Moved the unzipped file to the /system/xbin and now the radio is all good!

Edited by zero410

Guest Deinehoelle
after some googling, it seems this is a 2.2.2 issue and nothing to do with the rom. that being the case, anyone with any idea how to get around this?

Maybe you get the software as apk file as hint use torrent

Guest sozofriend1234
guys, can everyone post if they had to factory reset, and what version they are coming from , eg. 1.8.1, thanks everyone

and Thank You DJ_Steve...

and here's to a fixed stock dialer!!

:D

woot!woot!

Hi, I upgraded from 1.8.1 and I had to do factory reset as it was crashing at stageUI as soon as it started. After factory reset, it works like a charm. But I face Force close for Mail widget in StageUI a lot. Also sometimes when I try to call someone the phone responds very slowly as in it gets stuck for a second or two. Hope dj_Steve can fix it. Apart from this, a fine and solid release.

Regards,

RR

Guest Domino

Updated from 1.8.1 without factory reset and am not having any issues.

I'm using:

adwlauncher

noswype

gbkb

tabmail

bios

Overclocked.

All good in the hood.

Big thanks to Steve, Fards et al.

Guest zero410

Hi, I just noticed this... but is anyone else suddenly getting text messages out of order? It seems to be doing the thing where the received text msg times are 4 or 5 hours behind. This didnt happen before on the previous build....

Guest Diomed

Installed from 1.8.1, everything is working great.

SInce I need to keep fiddling with things, does anybody know how to install the Honeycomb Music player? It was in 1.8.1, but not in 1.9.0. I tried extracting it from the 1.8.1.zip and it won't install. I tried the one here, although it looks the same and didn't install http://gummytech.com/?p=87 . The reason I want it is for the cloud music. Seemed to be working fine for me.

Guest XsCode

push the apk to /system/app don't try to install it

Installed from 1.8.1, everything is working great.

SInce I need to keep fiddling with things, does anybody know how to install the Honeycomb Music player? It was in 1.8.1, but not in 1.9.0. I tried extracting it from the 1.8.1.zip and it won't install. I tried the one here, although it looks the same and didn't install http://gummytech.com/?p=87 . The reason I want it is for the cloud music. Seemed to be working fine for me.

Guest ClippinWings

haven't had time to read the whole thread... so not sure if it is mentioned...

The graphics for the unlock sliders on an incoming call appear to be messed up.

They are off center with the green one only shows the very tip... like the rest of it is hidden...

then when you slide it there is no "rest of it" its cut off and you slide the "nub" out...

it works, but looks broken.

Guest XsCode

Looks fine here.. 160dpi

They are off center with the green one only shows the very tip... like the rest of it is hidden...

then when you slide it there is no "rest of it" its cut off and you slide the "nub" out...

Guest Diomed

I had to google how to do this, I had no idea this was possible. After pushing it, it wouldn't open. I had to go into the /system/app folder with Root Explorer and click it to install. Works great now, thanks for the help.

push the apk to /system/app don't try to install it

Guest XsCode

sorry, should have added to change the permissions to 775, but installing it seems to have done that for you

I had to google how to do this, I had no idea this was possible. After pushing it, it wouldn't open. I had to go into the /system/app folder with Root Explorer and click it to install. Works great now, thanks for the help.

Guest TimoBeil
Steve great ROM but just found the Android Keyboard FC from settings

menu/settings/language & settings/android keyboard. FC error process.android.inputmethod.latin

install.txt

stageui

tabletphone

volboost

I have reflashed but still FC.

regards

same here, FC when menu/settings/language & settings/android keyboard. FC error process.android.inputmethod.latin

my install.txt is

bios

noapps

density180

161font

All other things are working very fine and fast (Quadrant 1562).

History: all older Versions up to 1.5.3 -> 1.8.0 -> 1.9.0

It is again a great and awesome ROM. Thank you very much, Steven!

Best regards

Guest XsCode

Confirmed

same here, FC when menu/settings/language & settings/android keyboard. FC error process.android.inputmethod.latin

my install.txt is

bios

noapps

density180

161font

All other things are working very fine and fast (Quadrant 1562).

History: all older Versions up to 1.5.3 -> 1.8.0 -> 1.9.0

It is again a great and awesome ROM. Thank you very much, Steven!

Best regards

Guest dwnhllfreak

Same here.