StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest superutp
Steve or someone of the crew. Which font is it on the lockscreen (clock) ? And is it posible to to become :D

yup tht font has changed...looks a lot like the honeycomb one (atleast the one you get with Beautiful weather and the likes)

hopefully sign of things to come..:D

Guest Djp42
same here, FC when menu/settings/language & settings/android keyboard. FC error process.android.inputmethod.latin

Same here.

install.txt is,

noapps

stageui

tabmail

volboost

perfmod

1521 Quadrant score

Guest marvin02

I am seeing:

the skewed graphics on the slide to answer screen (answer is short and reject is longer, when sliding answer it is just a button).

the FC on the Android keyboard when trying to access the settings. It does this when accessing the settings from the menu or by long pressing the ?123 key when the keyboard is open.

After a restart the sound is off. Using the volume rocker to adjust the volume restores it.

On the lock screen the slide to unlock and slide to silence bars have the appearance of stretching when you use them. They height of the bar gets smaller as the bar gets longer. If it's any help to the feedback process I noticed this on 1.8.1 also and it was fixed after flashing a different battery icon (which replaces the framework-res file?)

IMO these are niggles. After 24 hours seems to work fine with everything else.

Installed over the 345 release with no reset.

Edited by marvin02

Guest xO Gideon Ox

Can i flash the gameloft compatible with volume boost option without having to reflash everything as it's all working so sweet with my setup i really don't want to flash everything again

Guest fards
Can i flash the gameloft compatible with volume boost option without having to reflash everything as it's all working so sweet with my setup i really don't want to flash everything again

flash that particular boot.img with fastboot..

find the correct image in the zip ..

Guest xO Gideon Ox
flash that particular boot.img with fastboot..

find the correct image in the zip ..

Brilliant! Thanks Fards...i'd already been looking through the zip file and found the img files but didn't want to start fiddling until i got some confirmation i was on the right tracks :D

Does this principal work with the other options as well? such as perfmod for example

Noob to delving into the inner workings of android but been tinkering on various things for many years....can't help altering things now i've seen the light hehe

Guest xO Gideon Ox

I read something somewhere (correct me if i'm wrong) that previously the build.prop was modified to spoof a Nexus which allowed access to Gamelofts site since it just shuts you down as they don't offer support. Was this a simple couple of lines that were altered or was there more to it?

Fancied being able to edit this get the game and revert it back if possible.

--------------------------

**update on the volboost query**

With regards to my volume query...flashed with the bootvolnoppt.img now my gameloft game has come back to life (Asphalt 5 HD) and the one other little game for my daughter (MyDog MyRoom....trust me it's not mine!!)....they were the only FCs/Issues i've had!! Great work to everyone who's been involved with this...loving it :D

Edited by xO Gideon Ox

Guest fards
Brilliant! Thanks Fards...i'd already been looking through the zip file and found the img files but didn't want to start fiddling until i got some confirmation i was on the right tracks :D

Does this principal work with the other options as well? such as perfmod for example

Noob to delving into the inner workings of android but been tinkering on various things for many years....can't help altering things now i've seen the light hehe

perfmod is a script that goes in /etc/init.d

all the options in the install.txt are just pushed files, so its possible to do any of it manually if needed.

you need to check permissions of files pushed though, it makes sense of you read the install script.

Guest zrospeed
haven't had time to read the whole thread... so not sure if it is mentioned...

The graphics for the unlock sliders on an incoming call appear to be messed up.

They are off center with the green one only shows the very tip... like the rest of it is hidden...

then when you slide it there is no "rest of it" its cut off and you slide the "nub" out...

it works, but looks broken.

Are you using gopu's battery meter mod? I had this before because i installed gopu's battery meter mod. Since then i hvnt done it. Sucks now cuz i cant tell my battery percentage :-(

Anyways.... i think the baattery life in 1.8.1 is better than 1.9.0. I was getting over a day with 1.8.1 and about 12hrs with 1.9.0. great build nonetheless. Thanks steve and all who gave theeir time and efforts.

Guest madkachel

Great ROM. Thanks. Does anyone had also problems with wired headset controls? My headset worked with an earlier version but I had no luck with this ROM so for. Can anyone help?

Guest ClippinWings
yeah looks ok to me too. 160dpi

It's broken here... also at 160dpi

looked through this thread, there are 3 others asking about this.

Guest ClippinWings
Are you using gopu's battery meter mod? I had this before because i installed gopu's battery meter mod. Since then i hvnt done it. Sucks now cuz i cant tell my battery percentage :-(

Nope.

I had the % mod in 1.8.1 but haven't done it in 1.9 yet... and yes, the lack of % is killing me too. LOL

Edited by ClippinWings

Guest zrospeed
Nope.

I had the % mod in 1.8.1 but haven't done it in 1.9 yet... and yes, the lack of % is killing me too. LOL

i guess it was just me who had that particular issue when i installed gopu's battery. hope you find a solution. as for me, im gonna try install stock 2.2 and then jump into 1.9.0 and see if there is any difference in battery life. if not, i might just go back to 1.8.1. its a stable build for me with good battery life.

Guest Crinos512

Have we looked at serving these roms as a torrent to save DJ_Steve's bandwith? ...this CAN'T be cheap for him.

Oooo.. would be cool if there was a torrent client on the streak so you could pull it down direct to the phone. :D

Guest dwnhllfreak
Great ROM. Thanks. Does anyone had also problems with wired headset controls? My headset worked with an earlier version but I had no luck with this ROM so for. Can anyone help?

The problem I have is when I press the answer button on my headset it plays music. I press it again and it stops it. I used to be able to just answer the phone with it. I ended up downloading headset block from The market to stop the headset button from working all together.

Guest marvin02
The problem I have is when I press the answer button on my headset it plays music. I press it again and it stops it. I used to be able to just answer the phone with it. I ended up downloading headset block from The market to stop the headset button from working all together.

Some music players have a setting for this (PowerAmp is one), but the buttons only play/stop music when no call is coming in. Anyway, check the settings for the music player you are using.

Guest dwnhllfreak
Some music players have a setting for this (PowerAmp is one), but the buttons only play/stop music when no call is coming in. Anyway, check the settings for the music player you are using.

It actually doesn't seem to be a specific player. It started with MIUI so removed it, then it played on another one so I removed it and so on. But I should check it again to see if it is fixed. I have not tried to answer a call on 1.9 with the button.

Edit: So I tried it in a call and it works just fine now. Thanks for your help.

Edited by dwnhllfreak

Guest pjg_pigeon
Have we looked at serving these roms as a torrent to save DJ_Steve's bandwith? ...this CAN'T be cheap for him.

Oooo.. would be cool if there was a torrent client on the streak so you could pull it down direct to the phone. :D

I have ttorrent installed and was working last time I tried it. I dont know anything about how you go about creating a torrent? I also saw that transmission came pre-installed with the ubuntu shell, dont know if it actually worked. Also transdroid works as an interface to a networked copy of transmission.