StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

i guess it was just me who had that particular issue when i installed gopu's battery. hope you find a solution. as for me, im gonna try install stock 2.2 and then jump into 1.9.0 and see if there is any difference in battery life. if not, i might just go back to 1.8.1. its a stable build for me with good battery life.

I tried to find why its not flashing the battery for some, but could not locate it.

I will make a last attempt during the weekend to help u guys.

Regarding battery life

: Best battery life since i got streak.

: 15hrs of Wifi on all the time.

: 10-15min of talk time.

: Few hrs of browsing ( was following the world cup cricket - So the page refreshes every few min automatically )

: Plenty of emails

: doing other stuff.

Guest zrospeed
I tried to find why its not flashing the battery for some, but could not locate it.

I will make a last attempt during the weekend to help u guys.

Regarding battery life

: Best battery life since i got streak.

: 15hrs of Wifi on all the time.

: 10-15min of talk time.

: Few hrs of browsing ( was following the world cup cricket - So the page refreshes every few min automatically )

: Plenty of emails

: doing other stuff.

ok, i did the 1.9.0 to stock 2.2 and back to 1.9.0. that was about 2 hours ago. charged it to 100%. unplugged it 1hr and a half ago. battery status (in settings/about phone/battery status) still showing me 100%. but i hardly did anything except text message a few. so yah all good for now. will update after a bit of usage. oh yah this is with 3g on not wifi. i use 3g connection more thats why. hopefully this will last me more than 24hrs of normal use (texting, calling, a bit of internet browsing, and a bit of flash video watching on webpages, and reading a few pages of a ebook on the nook app about every hour).

Edited by zrospeed

Guest Stephen Hyde

Im aware of the MINOR COSMETIC graphical issues with calling. Its not high on my fix list as it COSMETIC not a functional issue. As for torrents I would set one up but I dont believe it would be fair or right to use a public tracker for it. And actually bandwidth costs me nowt lol all my servers are unmetered :D

Guest Crinos512
Im aware of the MINOR COSMETIC graphical issues with calling. Its not high on my fix list as it COSMETIC not a functional issue. As for torrents I would set one up but I dont believe it would be fair or right to use a public tracker for it. And actually bandwidth costs me nowt lol all my servers are unmetered :D

Well... you COULD use a Private tracker.

< more here >

actually < THIS > is a much better tutorial.

Edited by Crinos512

Guest madmax85812

i hv the incoming call slider issue too...bt not a biggie. everything else working perfectly, n better thn 1.7. i installed direct over 1.7 without factory reset, no perfmod. had a few minor issues in 1.7 bt all gt sorted out with 1.9. so all gud here. *touch wood*... thanks so much steve... u the best.

p.s. the lockscreen slider showning 'teardrop' formation or 'stretchy thingy' is a gingerbread feature...i think...as far as i understood from it. so it not a glitch...its an official feature. correct me if m wrong steve...

P.S.2 - UOT kitchen has increased the framework uploadable size to 10mb from 9mb... so its a go... :D

P.S.3 - okies...the original freamewrk apk still doesnt with UOT... oops... :D

Edited by madmax85812

Guest fards

Tut tut how silly; you should know by now that if theres the slightest blemish, the merest flaw, the gentle suggestion of a fly buzzing over their golden soup, then it becomes a gnawing grating chasm of obsession for some people.

That in response you should spend all hours of ever day and every night forgoing food, drink, and anything to do with the real world to satisfy the desperate needs of those unwilling to do anything for them selves except criticize others hard work.. After all whats what they all pay you so handsomely for... :D

Guest coronet
Tut tut how silly; you should know by now that if theres the slightest blemish, the merest flaw, the gentle suggestion of a fly buzzing over their golden soup, then it becomes a gnawing grating chasm of obsession for some people.

That in response you should spend all hours of ever day and every night forgoing food, drink, and anything to do with the real world to satisfy the desperate needs of those unwilling to do anything for them selves except criticize others hard work.. After all whats what they all pay you so handsomely for... :D

I cannot help but notice the absence of an apostrophe in "what's" in your posting. Is there any way you can go back and edit it?

Guest coronet
I got the same problem, reflashing without "Perfmode" is enough to stop this problem !!!

[in regards to frequent, frequent resets at the slightly manhandling]

I did not have this enabled, but I did factory reset and redo the 1.9 update. I believe the resets have subsided/gone away. No clue how to explain it, but I guess if anyone else reports on this error, tell them to back up their data and factory reset. Such a peculiar thing. I guess I cannot assess whether it was hardware or software, but in any case, just do what the IT crowd would do and say, "have you tried factory resetting it yet?".

Guest Maj0r

I installed with option tabmail.

I was able to configure my imap-account (not google-mail) and the imap-folders are shown but they are all empty.

If I will click on "Load next 25 messages" the program always crashes.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Edited by Maj0r

Guest dwnhllfreak

Actually I was more letting everyone know I had the same issue. By far 1.9 is the best build yet for me. I appreciate all the work everyone has done. For my knowledge in android and java is nill. Though I am willing to learn and have learned a lot since I got the streak. I personnely dont mind the minor cosmetic issues. I go for function. Thanks again for all your hard work. It has made my streak more enjoyable to own.

Guest noahnoone

Went QDL-1.5.1-1.9.0

no FCs or such, seems as fast as 1.6.1 with perfmod

P.S. I love the new Dell Stage! it looks much cleaner than before.

Edited by noahnoone

Guest xO Gideon Ox

I was able to configure my imap-account (not google-mail) and the imap-folders are shown but they are all empty.

I had the same problem to start with, you just need to clear the data/cache for email through applications in settings and the whole thing came to life and worked perfectly ever since. No FC's or glitches....well none that are important anyway...sometimes unread mail shows in bold but IS marked as unread and you can't adjust the fonts but this is a beta and much better than a stock email so i'm happy with it as is, if it gets improvements then even better hehe

------

Can i install the new StageUI without losing my other launchers? so get it to replace the gingerbread but still able to switch back to launcherpro if i dont like it using something like homeswitcher for example? If i can does the stageui hog resources in the background or is it not active until i switch to it?

**Had a bit of lag and it double posted my edit...sorry about that...whoever can delete the double post please do**

Edited by xO Gideon Ox

Guest xO Gideon Ox

I had the same problem to start with, you just need to clear the data/cache for email through applications in settings and the whole thing came to life and worked perfectly ever since. No FC's or glitches....well none that are important anyway...sometimes unread mail shows in bold but IS marked as read and you can't adjust the fonts but this is a beta and much better than a stock email so i'm happy with it as is, if it gets improvements then even better hehe

------

Can i install the new StageUI without losing my other launchers? so get it to replace the gingerbread but still able to switch back to launcherpro if i dont like it using something like homeswitcher for example? If i can does the stageui hog resources in the background or is it not active until i switch to it?

Guest xO Gideon Ox
flashed from stock 1.6 to 1.9.0 reboot is stuck on dell circle logo what can i do to fix

Can you boot back into recovery? If so you should be able to reflash. Might be worth doing a wipe before this though in case thats what caused the issue

Guest cergaster
Can you boot back into recovery? If so you should be able to reflash. Might be worth doing a wipe before this though in case thats what caused the issue

Yes i can fastboot and get in recovery how do i do a wipe

Guest alert_bri
use my donate link thats in my sig or on the first post :D

id say heavy use a day is quite good - but remebering to turn off wifi when not in use and reduce screen brightness wen not needed will help a lot, also force 2g only mode if not using the web - 2g is fine for things like IM and email usually - 3g is a HUGE battery drain

This feels like a good solid release Steve, very well done!

Just to be clear, by 2g do you mean select GSM only in network mode and disable WCDMA? Or is there somewhere else we should look?

Thanks again, cracking good job!

Cheers

Brian

Guest xO Gideon Ox
Yes i can fastboot and get in recovery how do i do a wipe

Depending on what recovery your using the options may vary but your looking for things like factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik cache. That should make sure you've got a clean place to start from since you had issues

Guest Kid A

I flashed it over 1.6.1 and all seems stable.

1950 from quadrant, which was about where it was under the previous rom. Feels slightly smoother somehow, though.

If this is the final version then I'm more than happy.

Cheers Steve.

Guest cergaster
Depending on what recovery your using the options may vary but your looking for things like factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvik cache. That should make sure you've got a clean place to start from since you had issues

cleared everything factory reset reboot still stuck on dell logo

Guest zrospeed
cleared everything factory reset reboot still stuck on dell logo

did you say you started at "STOCK 1.6"? as in what your streak came out of the box with?

Guest zrospeed
Yes

hmmm maybe that is the problem. im not one hundred percent sure but i would think you would at least have to go through stock 2.1 before jumping into the steve wagon.

when my phone screen cracked and dell replaced it, i went through the whole AT&T 1.6 to O2 1.6 to O2 2.1 then to STREAKDROID

but now that there is an official 2.2 update, then you can go from stock 1.6 to stock 2.2 easily, then install streakdroid 1.9 over it.

can anyone else confirm this?