StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest zero410
Yes

Just a thought, but did you happen to update your baseband information too?

I recall something about issues with some of the newer builds (steve's builds) and old baseband settings.

Guest zrospeed
Just a thought, but did you happen to update your baseband information too?

I recall something about issues with some of the newer builds (steve's builds) and old baseband settings.

i think what he did was install clockworkmod or streak mod recovery then installed 1.9.0. and nothing else. well at least thats all the information he mentioned.

i suggest going back to stock recovery and then installing the stock 1.6 again (or the stock 2.2). when your back to 1.6, update to stock 2.2. then reflash clockworkmod (or streakmod). from there, install 1.9

Guest cergaster
i think what he did was install clockworkmod or streak mod recovery then installed 1.9.0. and nothing else. well at least thats all the information he mentioned.

i suggest going back to stock recovery and then installing the stock 1.6 again (or the stock 2.2). when your back to 1.6, update to stock 2.2. then reflash clockworkmod (or streakmod). from there, install 1.9

thats my problem i cant seem to get back to stock i have clockworkmod but cant seem to find the right recovery img or pkg or something every thing i try ends up will it being stuck on dell logo

Guest pappyfire

I went from 1.8.0 to 1.9.0 - originally did not do a factory reset but it was acting a little weird so I did one. Now it runs smooth as silk, no issues at all.

Thanks Steve for all your hard work! Beer money sent!

Guest the.mister.D

Hello Folks!

Quick question about backup and restore:

I am currently on StreakDroid 1.8.1

And I've full backup from Nandroid.

However I've never had to restore a backup so far. So once I upgrade and do a factory reset, what will happen if I restore my Nandroid Backup?

Would i go back to 1.8.1?

If so, how can I just restore my apps and my personal settings?

Thank you one n all!

Guest fards
hi guys, it is save in 1.9.0 to set VM heap size to 32mb? cuz i think 64mb is to high... will eat alot RAM... CMIIW...

Read up on how linux and android uses ram, even with no low memory allocation routines the streak rarely drops below 200mb free ram...

Guest fards
thats my problem i cant seem to get back to stock i have clockworkmod but cant seem to find the right recovery img or pkg or something every thing i try ends up will it being stuck on dell logo

You should have flashed stock 2.2 first..

What you can do is grab 318 update.zip from here

http://db.tt/yY3zakf

Flash it using steakmod/clockworkmod then boot it, leds will flash, as baseband will be wrong.

Then boot into recovery and flash the 318 update.pkg after that you can flash streakmod and streakdroid 1.9

Guest jimmyrusli
Read up on how linux and android uses ram, even with no low memory allocation routines the streak rarely drops below 200mb free ram...

so it does not matter either 32mb or 64mb, it still same effect for the RAM on streak?

Guest Stephen Hyde

the heap size will have no huge effect, and linux is ALOT more sane with its memory management than windoze so its perfectly fine to leave it at 64

Guest macex

Upgraded my dell streak back to Streakdroid 1.9.0.

Great build this one. Flashed direct via streakmod from stock froyo 318 and it booted right back without any issues.

So far running very stable. Its not express speed as 1.6.1 but quadrant is still double that of stock froyo.

Guest jimmyrusli
the heap size will have no huge effect, and linux is ALOT more sane with its memory management than windoze so its perfectly fine to leave it at 64

oo, now i understand.. :D tq steve.. i like u rom alot... my only problem is when im browsing use dolphin HD, will some time freeze, cuz by dell stage ui.. cuz that app show by watch dog, when i kill dell stage via watch dog, i back smooth again..

Guest bendonahue

Hi Guys,

I'm quite new to all this and am having trouble getting this to work. I have followed the instructions and the system boots for a few second then gets stuck in a reboot loop for a minute or so and then just sits on the Initializing...... message and does nothing.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Cheers :D

Guest alexmoi

Still can't get latest version of some of the apps i got. With earlier versions of streakdroid i get latest versions of paid apps. Can anybody go on market and look up ar.pro and tell me what version they see. Because i keep seeing version 1.01 with streakdroid 1.9.0 and with streakdroid 1.8.1 i can see version 1.21.

Just want to make sure it's not my streak itself the problem :S

Thanx

Guest tv-arnd

Great ROM (again), thanks a lot. I upgraded from 1.8.1 to 1.9.0

Quadrant went up from approx. 1680 to 1760.

The larger unlock screen number pad is a relief!

I noticed problems with new Email V2.2.2 (Outlook, Exchange); it creates frequently notifications that new emails have arrived, while there did not change anything in "inbox". Also refreshing the "sent" folder creates one notification per email (should definitely not). Anybody seen that as well?

Edit: this happens, if I have unread emails, even if I intentionally have marked emails as unread.

Edited by tv-arnd

Guest waj1234

I have come from 2.2.2 and its looking good. Only problem I have is the screen not rotating even after toggling its on and off a few times. Is there any fix or workround?

Guest fards
Still can't get latest version of some of the apps i got. With earlier versions of streakdroid i get latest versions of paid apps. Can anybody go on market and look up ar.pro and tell me what version they see. Because i keep seeing version 1.01 with streakdroid 1.9.0 and with streakdroid 1.8.1 i can see version 1.21.

Just want to make sure it's not my streak itself the problem :S

Thanx

I see version 121

Guest fards
I have come from 2.2.2 and its looking good. Only problem I have is the screen not rotating even after toggling its on and off a few times. Is there any fix or workround?

Try clearing /cache or even factory resetting, rotate should be working fine

Guest krazman

Unable to change wallpaper in StreakDroid 1.9.0

I have searched here, StreakSmart (Pocketables), and xda with no solution.

I can only change the current static wallpaper to a live wallpaper, and from there to any live wallpaper but not back to a static one. This problem has been here since 1.8.0 that I know of, but could be since 1.5.1, for all I know.

Fixes in other threads and sites suggested using Appbrain, Colors, and several other wallpaper apps, BUT NONE OF THEM CORRECTS MY PROBLEM.

I have tried removing ADW which also didn't work. It seems that the wallpaper is totally separate from all the launchers. The launchers overlay the wallpaper.

Has anyone else had AND FIXED this problem? Does anyone know where the selected wallpaper resides. I'm wondering if the permissions are messed up with the wallpaper. I haven't changed the wallpaper since I was on original Dell 1.6.

Any help will be much appreciated! THANK YOU!!!

Guest waj1234
Try clearing /cache or even factory resetting, rotate should be working fine

Tried that but still same. Even had to do factory reset again just to get it fo boot. Just will not rotate apart from when in apps.