StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest tv-arnd
I have come from 2.2.2 and its looking good. Only problem I have is the screen not rotating even after toggling its on and off a few times. Is there any fix or workround?

Glad you asked, I was frustrated being the only one.

2 solutions:

1. Create a launcherpro activity for GSensor. Calling this, you can calibrate. This solves it (until next reboot)

2. Power off, run one of the boot modes (power + camera button), select MMB-BB. Then run all the self-tests. Tip: you need to play with the volume buttons to get through. After passing the gsensor test, auto rotate was finally fixed for me.

No guarantee, own risk!!!

Edited by tv-arnd

Guest bendonahue
Hi Guys,

I'm quite new to all this and am having trouble getting this to work. I have followed the instructions and the system boots for a few second then gets stuck in a reboot loop for a minute or so and then just sits on the Initializing...... message and does nothing.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Cheers :D

Ok, so after looking through this thread (which I really should have done first, sorry) it would appear that I am not the only one having the loop reboot problem. It would also appear that it may have something to do with O2 devices. My device has been flashed via QDLTool before I attempt the upgrade but still does not work.

I have tried removing options from the Install.txt file in case that affects anything and I have attempted to upgrade the baseband but that just completely crashes the device and will not boot up (the buttons on the right hand side just flash)

Anybody got any advice for me?? :D

Guest waj1234
Glad you asked, I was frustrated being the only one.

2 solutions:

1. Create a launcherpro activity for GSensor. Calling this, you can calibrate. This solves it (until next reboot)

2. Power off, run one of the boot modes (power + camera button), select MMB-BB. Then run all the self-tests. Tip: you need to play with the volume buttons to get through. After passing the gsensor test, auto rotate was finally fixed for me.

No guarantee, own risk!!!

Thanks but tried it and still not working. May have to go back to official 2.2.2

Deffo will not rotate in stage ui but will with adw and launcher pro. Tis strange and annoying

Edited by waj1234

Guest macex
Ok, so after looking through this thread (which I really should have done first, sorry) it would appear that I am not the only one having the loop reboot problem. It would also appear that it may have something to do with O2 devices. My device has been flashed via QDLTool before I attempt the upgrade but still does not work.

I have tried removing options from the Install.txt file in case that affects anything and I have attempted to upgrade the baseband but that just completely crashes the device and will not boot up (the buttons on the right hand side just flash)

Anybody got any advice for me?? :)

I did get into a similar mess when i moved to 1.6.1

I flashed 1.5.1. Let it boot. Then flashed 1.6.1 and got it to boot like a charm.

Along the line i added generous amounts of factory reset, from the 1st screen(not from clockworkmod).

Guest springah
At what point are you having problems with angry birds? Installing? Unmount sd card, install, remount s card. This is for the android market. For amazon angry birds I have a post a couple days back that has a link to how to install it.

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...stall-problems/

awesome, that worked, thanks!

i was trying to install rio from another dir on the phone while un-mounting the SD - wasn't working. tried from root like the guide suggested and it worked fine.

Guest cdzo72

Guys, I just acquired a used Streak and tried updating from 1.6 to 2.1 Eclair and my baby got stuck at the DEll logo. Now, I have read so much in the forums that my head is spinning... so my question is, exactly what steps do I need to take to get from my DELL logo that is now sticking on a Streak that has never has DJ Steve's StreakDroid ROM installed to it, to back up and running with his new version of 1.9??? Please help me, I am lost!!!

Guest MrMartay
Guys, I just acquired a used Streak and tried updating from 1.6 to 2.1 Eclair and my baby got stuck at the DEll logo. Now, I have read so much in the forums that my head is spinning... so my question is, exactly what steps do I need to take to get from my DELL logo that is now sticking on a Streak that has never has DJ Steve's StreakDroid ROM installed to it, to back up and running with his new version of 1.9??? Please help me, I am lost!!!

Whenever mine got stuck at the Dell logo i just pulled the battery. Sometimes i might have to do this 3 times but it always came good in the end. Also, you will have to look back across all the other StrekDroid threads to upgrade to Stephens versions...baseband etc... it is all very easy to do just follow the insructions 'to the letter'.

Guest Dan_Phantom

Flashed this yesterday and everything was working great, but now Wifi wont enable. It doesnt scan for networks or access them, even though the options are selected. I need help

Guest waj1234

Just thought I would add that the problem with stage ui home screen not rotating only happens if you include teetermod or resolution set to 240. Any other and it rotates fine. It was trial and error a a teeter did not work anyhow.

Guest Melonman
Flashed this yesterday and everything was working great, but now Wifi wont enable. It doesnt scan for networks or access them, even though the options are selected. I need help

try checking that your access point is not on channel 12 or 13

Guest Hans A.

I would install stock Froyo and then upgrade from there.

Guest Hans A.

I upgraded on top of 1.81 without factory reset or wiping anything. Works fine. Didn't really have too many problems with 1.81 so I can't really see if it made a difference beyond changing my background wallpaper.

Battery still sucks, but I've learned to work around that by simply keeping it plugged in as often as possible. I now have a usb cable for my desk, one for the car, and I'm going to buy a 3rd for the kitchen so I can plug it in there if I don't want to be tied to my desk.

Guest Reddy232
I had the same problem to start with, you just need to clear the data/cache for email through applications in settings and the whole thing came to life and worked perfectly ever since. No FC's or glitches....well none that are important anyway...sometimes unread mail shows in bold but IS marked as read and you can't adjust the fonts but this is a beta and much better than a stock email so i'm happy with it as is, if it gets improvements then even better hehe

------

Can i install the new StageUI without losing my other launchers? so get it to replace the gingerbread but still able to switch back to launcherpro if i dont like it using something like homeswitcher for example? If i can does the stageui hog resources in the background or is it not active until i switch to it?

I have the same problem and clearing the cache/data did not help. Any other solutions?

Is there anyway I can go to normal email and get rid of tabmail without reflash?

Guest HOkay

When I went from a rooted O2 official 2.2, to Steve's 1.9, I flashed the rom on as normal and as it reset itself for first boot I caught that & went into the bootloader menu & did a factory reset before it had the chance to do a first boot. That seemed to stop my constant bootloops! If that works you should be able to add anything you like to the install.txt but if you get stuck in another bootloop then try building up your install.txt more gradually. Since flashing doesn't take very long you can just sit by the TV & do it :D Although if it gets stuck in a bootloop you'll have to have a computer handy to change the install.txt (I do that by going into the streakmod recovery and mounting the SD card for access via the pc).

Guest Hans A.

Wanted to report that I just noticed the problem I had in 1.81 where the dialer would not pop up right away when I had an incoming call, has been fixed in 1.91.

One issue I just noticed today is that the comma for a pause does not seem to work when you put it in your contacts or in the dialer. Semicolon does.

When I went from a rooted O2 official 2.2, to Steve's 1.9, I flashed the rom on as normal and as it reset itself for first boot I caught that & went into the bootloader menu & did a factory reset before it had the chance to do a first boot. That seemed to stop my constant bootloops! If that works you should be able to add anything you like to the install.txt but if you get stuck in another bootloop then try building up your install.txt more gradually. Since flashing doesn't take very long you can just sit by the TV & do it :D Although if it gets stuck in a bootloop you'll have to have a computer handy to change the install.txt (I do that by going into the streakmod recovery and mounting the SD card for access via the pc).

Guest mtyrrell

Glad to say 1.9.0 seems to have fixed the Wikipedia issues.

However I still seem unable to download files such as PDFs from my University website on my phone. Or any other website for that matter. Seems the problem is in both the default browser and the Miren's. Any advice would be appreciated :D

Keep up the great work Steve! :D

Guest bendonahue

Excellent! This worked perfectly! Thanks very much for the help :D

Guest rebski
However I still seem unable to download files such as PDFs from my University website on my phone. Or any other website for that matter. Seems the problem is in both the default browser and the Miren's. Any advice would be appreciated :D

Maybe try a different browser? My favourite is xScope and it downloads just fine. It has a selectable download folder which is accessible from the browser by way of its own file manager. Or any other file manager too of course.

https://market.android.com/details?id=sui.m...e=search_result

Guest mtyrrell
Maybe try a different browser? My favourite is xScope and it downloads just fine. It has a selectable download folder which is accessible from the browser by way of its own file manager. Or any other file manager too of course.

https://market.android.com/details?id=sui.m...e=search_result

I tried the other browser and the issue persists. It seems to download all files as 1KB... Seems to be an error of downloading so I'm going to say it's probably the University website rather than the browsers. :D

Guest HOkay
Excellent! This worked perfectly! Thanks very much for the help :D

Glad I could help! I really didn't want to lose all my texts etc but had to give it a go to see if it worked. At least it worked & didn't leave me with a constantly rebooting phone AND all my data being wiped!

Since I don't think I've said it yet: THANK YOU STEVE! This is an excellent ROM and is far superior to the stock 2.2 one :D I hope I can help develop some of this stuff one day, still too much of a damn noob atm tho!

Guest zero410

Hi I just encountered a problem with the new build on my phone.

I had upgrade fro 1.6.1 straight to 1.9.

The issue currently is that the video camera is not working. I can take pictures but as soon as I try to take video, the camera would lock up and force close. Then i would encounter some random reboots on my phone as well, but it wouldnt go through the whole android setup either, it just resets quickly, but again I am unable to shoot video.

I've tried clearing the dalvik-cache (from /data) and did a factory reset, but the camera still freezes. Any advice?