[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp
Yes I did update via Rom Manager. But even if I power it off via on/off button and choose the recovery option it still does the same.

The one currently provided by Rom Manager (3.0.2.7) is gen 2 only. It doesn't matter how you try and get into it - it won't work if you have a gen 1 phone. You need to put on a gen 1 clockwork

Guest Jekle
Does it work with Swedish Spring if you use one of the stock kernels (Comviq or Softbank)?

Tried the SoftBank Kernel, Still nothing...

Thanks.

I got this Replacement on Monday, I had the stock Orange UK ROM on it for about an 1 hour, It's only since Gen 2 on CM7 that I wanted to make a Phone Call but Proximity is not working...

Edited by Jekle

Guest broken09
is anyone still having issues with the proximity sensor tried to call someone today, Proximity didn't work (nightly 57) the screen just stays awake.

Hi Im new in Android Modaco and I have the same problem. My OSF is from the first Genreation. I tested it with many roms like CM7, Swedish Spring, Jellyfish RLS8 and the Stock-Rom

Now I have the CM7.0.2 stable with the universal converter and if i take my phone away from my ear it takes second until the display is reactivated. Sometimes it takes 4 seconds or 7 or more...

I changed the dialer settings but didnt work now I will test that rom update-cm-7.0.2-Blade-KANG-signed

Maybe the rom helps but i think my OSF have a hardware problem. And if i wrote something not correct please don't be angry im from germany and my english is not very good

greets from android-hilfe

Guest eucurto

Thanks.

I got this Replacement on Monday, I had the stock Orange UK ROM on it for about an 1 hour, It's only since Gen 2 on CM7 that I wanted to make a Phone Call but Proximity is not working...

I think you should try to calibrate the proximity sensor. it can be done with a rom with the zte dialer, ex. SS3 or the Orange stock.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Thanks.

I suppose there is a chance that your sensor never worked in the first place.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hi Im new in Android Modaco and I have the same problem. My OSF is from the first Genreation. I tested it with many roms like CM7, Swedish Spring, Jellyfish RLS8 and the Stock-Rom

Now I have the CM7.0.2 stable with the universal converter and if i take my phone away from my ear it takes second until the display is reactivated. Sometimes it takes 4 seconds or 7 or more...

I changed the dialer settings but didnt work now I will test that rom update-cm-7.0.2-Blade-KANG-signed

Maybe the rom helps but i think my OSF have a hardware problem. And if i wrote something not correct please don't be angry im from germany and my english is not very good

greets from android-hilfe

Let me know if it made any difference. The change I made to that ROM is that it includes /system/bin/proximit.init and it is at the end of the bootup with "-r" as the only paramenter. All stock ZTE roms do this but CM7 for Blade does not include it. I have no idea what it does and so far it doesn't seem to have helped anyone.

Guest broken09

hi the update-cm-7.0.2-Blade-KANG-signed rom didnt helps.

I tested it with the stock rom Ouk too and it didnt helps too.

@Jekle go to settings scroll down to Accessiblity and if a message comes click cancel and at the end set the hook "Power button"

when you do this you can cancel your phone talk with the power button.

greets broken09

Guest Jekle
I suppose there is a chance that your sensor never worked in the first place.

I'll try downgrading to Gen 1 TPT then flash the Orange ROM, I getting pissed off returning this Phone, I'm on my second replacement so I would rather try than just return it, If not I'll wait for the ZTE Skate to come out and just buy that. I'll that universal converter thingy.

Guest stephen m
The one currently provided by Rom Manager (3.0.2.7) is gen 2 only. It doesn't matter how you try and get into it - it won't work if you have a gen 1 phone. You need to put on a gen 1 clockwork

Thanks guys for the replies. But the issues here are that I cannot access Clockworkmod either via the installed app known to work with Gen1 phones or via the normal power shutdown procedure - not even fastboot. Therefore will I be right in thinking there will be issues installing further stable releases and wipe cache/data etc etc. It all worked fine yesterday.

How can I get clockworkmod working again :mellow:

Edit. All sorted now and working again. Back using a previous version. :o

Edited by stephen m

Guest ahngau
CIFS is compiled into the kernel but not as a module. cifs.ko seems to be an old leftover in the release that should be removed.

Oops, thank you.

Guest zerosignull

I'm having an issue with my blade crashing during incomming calls. The phone will start to ring stop then continuously vibrate. The phone doesn't hard lock but I need to reboot it to get it to ng gets work and the peerson calling ets diverted. Any one else having this isssue?

Guest sej7278

so what are the main issues in n57 now then - gps/charger reboots and iffy accelerometer?

looking at the issues tracker here, 7.0.2 introduced a fair few new bugs - or are they just old defects that have had their version upped?

Edited by sej7278

Guest ThrashMan
so what are the main issues in n57 now then - gps/charger reboots and iffy accelerometer?

looking at the issues tracker here, 7.0.2 introduced a fair few new bugs - or are they just old defects that have had their version upped?

Not strictly true.

7.0.2 was the first GEN2 ROM that we were allowed to feedback on.

Guest targetbsp
or are they just old defects that have had their version upped?

This.

The version shown there is not the first version with the problem. It's the latest version confirmed to still have the problem.

Guest elastico

Do you guys with a gen2 phone have the charging bug?

I'm still on gen1 and using the universal converter. Fortunately don't have the GPS bug (I guess I'll get it if I get gen2) but I think I'd prefer the GPS bug over the f@#king rebooting every time I disconnect the usb-cord.

Guest k0zmic
sorry for my English school would like to know if they can install the blade on my cm_blade_full-57.zip Gen1

thank you very much

N57 won't work on your Gen 1 Blade, at least not without the converter.

Guest dariob74
N57 won't work on your Gen 1 Blade, at least not without the converter.

sorry what is the latest nightly version can be used on my Gen1?

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Gurrrgghhh.... Battery drained 35% last night, had been perfectly fine last night. Spare parts returns no wakelocks, but battery monitor says there was two stints of awakeness overnight. I had the phone without changing for just over two days, I felt it could have made 4 days and be a bit of a personal record.

I've got a feeling it's the notification LED that gets stuck on....it's been draining my battery a bit...anyone else find this? And, as I haven't really been following the topic for a long while... are there any kernels floating around that may help? I'm running GEN 2, possibly the 7.0.2 build, but I can't remember. May be the one after that....

Guest heavyduty00
Gurrrgghhh.... Battery drained 35% last night, had been perfectly fine last night. Spare parts returns no wakelocks, but battery monitor says there was two stints of awakeness overnight. I had the phone without changing for just over two days, I felt it could have made 4 days and be a bit of a personal record.

I've got a feeling it's the notification LED that gets stuck on....it's been draining my battery a bit...anyone else find this? And, as I haven't really been following the topic for a long while... are there any kernels floating around that may help? I'm running GEN 2, possibly the 7.0.2 build, but I can't remember. May be the one after that....

same here, notification LEDS sometimes gets stuck, not sure if it hurts my battery a lot though since by the time my battery is almsot dead, I am at home and just plug it in to charge.

Anyone know a fix for this? I am on gen1 7.0.2 but happened on cm7 stable as well

Guest Michealtbh

I've lost 15-20% overnight the past few nights, and I'm pretty sure the notification LED has been stuck on.

Spare Parts doesn't show any partial wake anomalies

Edited by Michealtbh