[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

thanks....and the update-cm-7.0.0-RC4-Blade-signed.zip is good for GEN1?

Nightly 39 and earlier, 7.0.0 Stable and earlier (this includes RC1-4) are all for GEN1. Everything newer GEN2.

Guest k0zmic
Gurrrgghhh.... Battery drained 35% last night, had been perfectly fine last night. Spare parts returns no wakelocks, but battery monitor says there was two stints of awakeness overnight. I had the phone without changing for just over two days, I felt it could have made 4 days and be a bit of a personal record.

I've got a feeling it's the notification LED that gets stuck on....it's been draining my battery a bit...anyone else find this? And, as I haven't really been following the topic for a long while... are there any kernels floating around that may help? I'm running GEN 2, possibly the 7.0.2 build, but I can't remember. May be the one after that....

same here, notification LEDS sometimes gets stuck, not sure if it hurts my battery a lot though since by the time my battery is almsot dead, I am at home and just plug it in to charge.

Anyone know a fix for this? I am on gen1 7.0.2 but happened on cm7 stable as well

I've lost 15-20% overnight the past few nights, and I'm pretty sure the notification LED has been stuck on.

Spare Parts doesn't show any partial wake anomalies

I had this problem too. I basically just wiped and re-flashed and didn't Titanium restore. Before in spare parts my phone was 'running' 100% of the time. Now it's around 36%. However, the battery still seems to drain a fair bit on Wi-Fi. I think this is because it hardly sleeps when the phone turns off and also an app may have been causing it to connect to the internet and thus keeping the phone awake 100% of the time.

Did any of you have the Wi-Fi on when the battery drain occurred? Perhaps the LED was on because an an app was keeping the phone awake and if your Wi-Fi was on, connecting and thus draining the battery? Just a thought.

Guest k0zmic
same here.. my battery gets drained very easily.. and my notification LED stays on. Can the LED suck so much power?

Something causes the LED to stay on and is therefore probably draining power. I'm not too sure exactly what it could be though.

Guest targetbsp

The led itself (when I have a missed call or text) doesn't touch the battery for me. Led's themselves are fairly famous for not needing much power. :mellow: As suggested above, more likely it's a symptom of some other issue.

Guest Grain

In idle, the Blade draws about 10mA. A typical LED will be 1-10mA extra depending on the type.

However, there seem to be issues with some Blade feature getting stuck in active mode. This is probably not wakelocks or apps preventing the Blade from sleeping in general as this would be visible in Battery History. I saw high battery drain (>15% per hour) in idle multiple times after doing phone calls (with everything okay before that - drain <1% per hour - for days). It might be sensors (proximity...) not deactivating properly. The proximity sensor alone will draw several mA since it's also based on an infrared LED and some additional parts. Reboot to fix the drain temporarily. As a side note, reports of USB charging not working properly might also be related to that condition since the low USB charging rate is pretty much offset by the other effect then.

FAQ: How to troubleshoot high battery drain?

Edited by Grain

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
The led itself (when I have a missed call or text) doesn't touch the battery for me. Led's themselves are fairly famous for not needing much power. :mellow: As suggested above, more likely it's a symptom of some other issue.

Aye, probably some other issue. But, the problem only appears after receiving a message, and I can stop it by plugging the phone in and unplugging it. So I'm assuming that the light being on is an indication that the phone is awake. Charging it obvious shuts down or resets whatever is causing said problem. I'll have a look at some logcats soon if I can be bothered....

In idle, the Blade draws about 10mA. A typical LED will be 1-10mA extra depending on the type.

However, there seem to be issues with some Blade feature getting stuck in active mode. This is probably not wakelocks or apps preventing the Blade from sleeping in general as this would be visible in Battery History. I saw high battery drain (>15% per hour) in idle multiple times after doing phone calls (with everything okay before that - drain <1% per hour - for days). It might be sensors (proximity...) not deactivating properly. The proximity sensor alone will draw several mA since it's also based on an infrared LED and some additional parts. Reboot to fix the drain temporarily. As a side note, reports of USB charging not working properly might also be related to that condition since the low USB charging rate is pretty much offset by the other effect then.

FAQ: How to troubleshoot high battery drain?

That sounds pretty believable. It's amazing really, CM 7 for blade has come on such a long way... and I'm really happy with it, apart from these battery drain issues we've always had. There's always something, and it's so difficult to determine.

Guest sej7278
On Twitter:

We're busy in CM land.. Merged AOSP 2.3.4, opened the 2X/G2X repositories and started work on CM 7.1 :mellow:

i just repo synced and did a test build for the blade and noticed that the resulting file was called update-cm-7.1.0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip and PLATFORM_VERSION is defined as 2.3.4

the Nfc stuff from the Nexus-S doesn't seem to cause a problem for the Blade like it did when compiling for the emulator, so I guess that has been fixed in the last day or so.

Guest ididmytime

Heads up.

New Facebook update causes my phone not to sleep, if you have battery drains uninstall Facebook or install an older version.

Guest tomasvilda
Heads up.

New Facebook update causes my phone not to sleep, if you have battery drains uninstall Facebook or install an older version.

thank you for information, just uninstaled facebook, rebooted phone and will leave for night, tomorrow morning we will see if that causes blade to drain battery 40% on one night.

UPDATE:

removing facebook helped, 16% used during night, instead of 40%

Edited by tomasvilda

This maybe something or it maybe nothing.

there is an app on market called "Z-DevicesTest.

When I lay the blade flat on the table,that is running 7.0.2(gen2),it shows the accelerometers are active

I would of thought that if the device is not moving at all,then Z-DevicesTest would give no reading. :mellow:

I wonder if this could be related to battery drain ?

Edited by Guest

Guest hedgepigdaniel
This maybe something or it maybe nothing.

there is an app on market called "Z-DevicesTest.

When I lay the blade flat on the table,that is running 7.0.2(gen2),it shows the accelerometers are active

I would of thought that if the device is not moving at all,then Z-DevicesTest would give no reading. :mellow:

I wonder if this could be related to battery drain ?

1. Gravity - if the phone is on a table, one of the axis' should read 9.8ms^-2

2. If the accelerometers were only active while the phone was still, the phone would have no way of knowing when it was moving to turn on the sensors

What I assume happens is that it works like the GPS - it only turns on when a program requests it. One would assume this testing program you have would request for it to turn on.

Guest frenchdroid

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but hasn't it become a little quiet in this thread ? I know it got over-run with trolls and grumbling about moving to Gen2 for a while but it seems uncannily quiet now things have calmed down.

Maybe I'm being paranoid :mellow: Is there a more active discussion going on somewhere else ?

By the way, as I am keen to spend some time playing some games on my SF, I've been thinking about defecting to Swedish Spring until the accelerometer is fixed in CM7 (it lags bad enough to make things unplayable on my phone, although all other features are fine (I'm on N32 or something like that)). Anyway, I checked the thread over at SS 5 and it is much busier than here but I notice that there seem to be lots of issues with SS for certain users (admittedly gleaned from only reading the last couple of pages of the thread). So I'm staying with CM7 for now and waiting for the next update.

Edited by frenchdroid

Guest targetbsp

There just hasn't been a release in a while to actually talk about. :mellow: Presumably they're hard at work on the first nightly for CM7.1/Android2.3.4? And it is a Sunday today and they seem to favour Sundays for big releases... :o

Guest sej7278
There just hasn't been a release in a while to actually talk about. :mellow: Presumably they're hard at work on the first nightly for CM7.1/Android2.3.4? And it is a Sunday today and they seem to favour Sundays for big releases... :o

there hasn't been a nightly since 57 as the 2.3.4 Nfc stuff broke the build, since then the repo has moved onto 7.1.0 and seems to build again this morning (at least for Blade and emulator) and creates update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip

i'm just too chicken to install my own build and i want to try out rommanager-premium for the next nightly as i used gen1-to-gen2 tpt for n57.

post-839039-1304244239_thumb.jpg

Edited by sej7278

Guest k0zmic

I really hope it does come today.

Guest monkeyfeatures
Maybe I'm being paranoid, but hasn't it become a little quiet in this thread ? I know it got over-run with trolls and grumbling about moving to Gen2 for a while but it seems uncannily quiet now things have calmed down.

I hope no-one will take this the wrong way, but I preferred it when we had someone manually updating the first post with the significant changes and things that are relevant to blade users.

The way it is now, it's just the exact same huge list of (mostly unimportant) changes that can be found on the CM7 project tracker followed by a huge list of posts which are again mostly unimportant or trolls as frenchdroid says. It's pretty hard to find the useful info that actually affects blade users amongst all the wallpaper updates and people complaining because they've flashed the wrong thing.

Perhaps it would help to start a new thread about each nightly release with a list of important changes relevant to blade users in the first post. That way we'd hopefully have a clearer picture of issues and changes relating to a particular build?