[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Perhaps it would help to start a new thread about each nightly release with a list of important changes relevant to blade users in the first post. That way we'd hopefully have a clearer picture of issues and changes relating to a particular build?

a new thread for each nightly release :mellow:

If there was new thread for each release modaco would turn into spagetti junction.

It would most likely be a real mess,

besides if anyone wants to see whats going one they only have to look here:

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade

Hence why first post probably gets no updates now

Edited by Guest

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
a new thread for each nightly release :mellow:

My thoughts exactly. And it's a no. As said, this is chugging along nicely.

However, the thing I used to check the any updates (the first tab of the first post) is borked. Has anyone else found that? please check and report back

EDIT: yes jikobutsu, that site you linked doesn't seem to work....

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

My thoughts exactly. And it's a no. As said, this is chugging along nicely.

However, the thing I used to check the any updates (the first tab of the first post) is borked. Has anyone else found that? please check and report back

EDIT: yes jikobutsu, that site you linked doesn't seem to work....

Just noticed that myself.lol

also sometimes this happens when I try to check the mirror ?

Maybe that build-bot is playing games as he getting bored with nothing to build.lol

Edited by Guest

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Just noticed that myself.lol

also sometimes this happens when I try to check the mirror ?

Maybe that build-bot is playing games as he getting bored with nothing to build.lol

Neither the nightly change log nor the download mirrors are working atm,

it's probably the opposite heavy build activity right now ?

We'll know soon :mellow:

Guest kol0bok

So, I converted to Gen2 and CM7 N57 yesterday and have already hit most known bugs:

a) GPS usage triggers a reboot - with different programs, sometimes after few seconds, sometimes after minutes

b) device silently powers off while charging in idle state. This is a nogo since I use it as alarm clock.

c) battery was drained over night. According to stats it was caused by "GPS status" - but GPS was disabled so it can be only possible if the device was not suspended properly and the program has run amok for unknown reason

And CM servers seem to be down ATM.

Guest paulocostavct

It's not the first time the servers are down. So it's better to wait than just winding. Let the bot work. And really a thread per nightly? That seems a lot of confusion in Modaco forums and very unlikely.

Guest wbaw
So, I converted to Gen2 and CM7 N57 yesterday and have already hit most known bugs:

a) GPS usage triggers a reboot - with different programs, sometimes after few seconds, sometimes after minutes

:mellow: device silently powers off while charging in idle state. This is a nogo since I use it as alarm clock.

c) battery was drained over night. According to stats it was caused by "GPS status" - but GPS was disabled so it can be only possible if the device was not suspended properly and the program has run amok for unknown reason

A couple of temporary fixes:

turn gps off in settings if you don't need to use it, that will stop the crashes

use deskclock to show a clock on screen while it is charging overnight, your alarm will sound, your phone will charge & it wont crash.

Guest sandriderman
use deskclock to show a clock on screen while it is charging overnight, your alarm will sound, your phone will charge & it wont crash.

That is a great fix, thanks for sharing.

I have been on CM7 since the first build came out and I think it is really good. I have flashed about half of the builds. I converted my phone to GEN 2.

My main issue is the poor battery life - I don't get 12 hours out of my phone (I hardly ever use it as a phone, main use is web and news widgets). Having said that I never got much more out of any of the 2.1 / 2.2 roms I tried either. I got a replacement battery last week with a slightly higher capacity (1300mAh(4.9Wh)) so when this has been through a few charge cycles it might get a bit better.

Looking forward to the next builds.

Martin

Guest gwebb

:mellow: device silently powers off while charging in idle state. This is a nogo since I use it as alarm clock.

I've seen a) and very annoying it is too.

I've also seen c) with GPS Status (great app) claimed to have used 61% of my battery, but I killed it, the CPU time hasn't changed, and the battery appears to be discharging normally. I don't think the battery usage statistics are that reliable, my hunch from observing them is that they are only useful as a very broad indicator of what is going on, rather than as an accurate measure and ranking of power consumption.

Guest shootomanUK

Hi im trying to install CM7 but when i come to install Gapps it installs but when i boot the phone there is no Gapps there ?

i think i may have changed the partition layout when installing swedish spring rom which i think may be causing this

what is the recommended partition layout for CM7 and is there an easy method for changing the partition ?

im on a gen2 blade by the way

many thanks

Guest hugobosslives
Hi im trying to install CM7 but when i come to install Gapps it installs but when i boot the phone there is no Gapps there ?

i think i may have changed the partition layout when installing swedish spring rom which i think may be causing this

what is the recommended partition layout for CM7 and is there an easy method for changing the partition ?

im on a gen2 blade by the way

many thanks

reccomended is now 136mb.

in answer to this: "is there an easy method for changing the partition?" depends how you upgraded to gen2.

if you used windows method. then no. (tho there are ways of doing it, just not easy :mellow:)

if you used, wbaw's method (so still have TPT) then yes. create (or use one of wbaws) tpt scripts. they are really easy to do. search the forum.

Guest lesa0208

hi guys, I did not followed the forum for ten days, because i broke my notebook :/ , what i need in order to be switched from gen1 to gen2, and to flash 2.3 rom? And what is fix on this rom, and what is still issue

Guest kuji
hi guys, I did not followed the forum for ten days, because i broke my notebook :/ , what i need in order to be switched from gen1 to gen2, and to flash 2.3 rom? And what is fix on this rom, and what is still issue

oh ffs. if ONLY there was like... a thread or something explaining this.. its a wonder noone has thought of doing this or including a post search on this forum ;-)

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
oh ffs. if ONLY there was like... a thread or something explaining this.. its a wonder noone has thought of doing this or including a post search on this forum ;-)

There IS a search function, just below the thread display.

Guest sm4tik

So.. having CM on my phone for a while and after fiddling with it for a decent amount of time, I noteiced that disabling "Backgound data" in "Accounts & sync" helped with my battery drain problems. I had a drop of about 30~40% over night, but after disabling it I'm loosing maybe 1%. I'm not quite sure what I'm missing if that background data is disabled (I'm not auto-syncing anyway), but atleast I know what I'm gaining :mellow: Hope this helps someone else too.

edit: just noticed that market needs background data to work. I'm turning it off after my market session just to continue my testing.. If anyone knows what else the background data is used, plese let me know. It still is quite puzzling how calm it would drain so much more than with other roms?

edit2: and if the background data really is draining that much battery when I don't have a network connection turned on and the phone is sleeping, it sure tells me something is wrong somewhere. Now whether it's a CM bug or some (gapps?) app, it would be nice to get a fix for it :o

Edited by sm4tik

Guest targetbsp
There IS a search function, just below the thread display.

I'm pretty sure, from the smiley and general tone of the comment, that he was being sarcastic. :mellow:

Edited by targetbsp

Guest stephen m

The USB charging issue causing reboots is becoming a real issue :o to me - which hopefully will be fixed in the next nightly or thereabouts :mellow: Which previous nightly was this not present.

Edit. On a side issue. What are the best display settings for using my phone in direct sunlight. Thanks

Edited by stephen m

Guest sej7278
So.. having CM on my phone for a while and after fiddling with it for a decent amount of time, I noteiced that disabling "Backgound data" in "Accounts & sync" helped with my battery drain problems. I had a drop of about 30~40% over night, but after disabling it I'm loosing maybe 1%. I'm not quite sure what I'm missing if that background data is disabled (I'm not auto-syncing anyway), but atleast I know what I'm gaining :mellow: Hope this helps someone else too.

edit: just noticed that market needs background data to work. I'm turning it off after my market session just to continue my testing.. If anyone knows what else the background data is used, plese let me know. It still is quite puzzling how calm it would drain so much more than with other roms?

edit2: and if the background data really is draining that much battery when I don't have a network connection turned on and the phone is sleeping, it sure tells me something is wrong somewhere. Now whether it's a CM bug or some (gapps?) app, it would be nice to get a fix for it :o

i'd say its more of a gapps problem that CM. what's odd is that when you turn it off you get a message saying it will conserve battery and some apps may use it anyway etc. however market doesn't automatically/silently turn it on which i'd think would be the best option, like some satnav apps just turn the gps on.

i don't expect it really does save any battery if no 3g/wifi is enabled though.

i'm going to see how my blade does overnight tonight. at 9pm it was at 95% (although it went from 98% to 95% in 3 minutes of wifi usage!) an alarm is set for 9am, i'll see how it is then - that's with no wifi/gps/3g, background data is on, autosync is off, i.e. its just a dumb phone for 12 hours!

edit: 3 hours in standby has drained 0% of the battery so far.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp
The USB charging issue causing reboots is becoming a real issue :o to me - which hopefully will be fixed in the next nightly or thereabouts :mellow: Which previous nightly was this not present.

Edit. On a side issue. What are the best display settings for using my phone in direct sunlight. Thanks

The last version with no charger issue was a long while ago! Mid to late 30's. I still use N35 because after that there was the buggy overclocking followed by the charging bug.

For visibility in sun you want the display brightness up as high as possible and as least reflective a screen as possible (so your screen protector if you have one, will have the biggest effect on visibility)

Guest sej7278
The last version with no charger issue was a long while ago! Mid to late 30's. I still use N35 because after that there was the buggy overclocking followed by the charging bug.

i think they're related - i've only ever seen the charger reboot issue when overclocked with n57.