[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest k0zmic
I guess they're futzing with 2.3.4.

I would think so, Cyanogen said on Twitter that they've just started on 7.1/2.3.4.

Guest sm4tik
i don't expect it really does save any battery if no 3g/wifi is enabled though.

That's what bothers me the most. I had NO data connection on and the battery was draining until I turned background data off. I can't be 100% sure, but this is what seems to have made the difference?

Edited by sm4tik

Guest k0zmic
That's what bothers me the most. I had NO data connection on and the battery was draining until I turned background data off. I can't be 100% sure, but this is what seems to have made the difference?

Had the same problem, first I thought it was Wi-Fi but that didn't stop the drain. I'll try this later and see how it goes.

Guest supermies123

Would it be possible for CyanogenMod to add 3G toggle button above the Notification area on Android?

There is already Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS and Sound buttons but why not 3G?

Guest wbaw
Would it be possible for CyanogenMod to add 3G toggle button above the Notification area on Android?

You can add it yourself, look in settings.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

There is a 2G/3G switch option in the power widget.

Guest gitly-git
You can add it yourself, look in settings.

Specifically:

Settings-CyanogenMod settings-Interface-Notification power widget-Widget buttons-Toggle3G/2G.

Guest Fou-lu

Settings > cyanogen settings > interface > notification power Widgets > Widget buttons, many to pick including 3G toggle etc

Guest stephen m
The last version with no charger issue was a long while ago! Mid to late 30's. I still use N35 because after that there was the buggy overclocking followed by the charging bug.

For visibility in sun you want the display brightness up as high as possible and as least reflective a screen as possible (so your screen protector if you have one, will have the biggest effect on visibility)

Thanks. Will install N35 and report back

Guest Maz2011
The USB charging issue causing reboots is becoming a real issue

The best way around this is to use the clock app in night screen mode when charging. Solves the USB reboot problem completely for me. YMMV

All the overnight excess battery use (which is huge) seems to be down to wifi. I just turn the wifi off before going to bed. I dont have a mobile data package though, so anyone who does may need to turn that off also.

(All on a Gen1 device with N57.)

Guest iKrautDroid
I would think so, Cyanogen said on Twitter that they've just started on 7.1/2.3.4.

Cool!

But I dont tweet...

Guest skybeam

A very long time charging the battery. For example, today from 10% to 100% was charged for 15 hours. Please help.

Discharged almost faster than the charge.

CM 7.0.2 stable + GEN2

Edited by skybeam

Guest sej7278
i'm going to see how my blade does overnight tonight. at 9pm it was at 95%, an alarm is set for 9am, i'll see how it is then - that's with no wifi/gps/3g, background data is on, autosync is off, i.e. its just a dumb phone for 12 hours!

my phone is still at 95% this morning.

one thing it may be is wdigets - i've got no widgets running, do the people with battery life problems have news tickers, or twitter or anything running? i'm also using launcherpro+ not adwlauncher.

also mine is a grey oled - tft's probably will use more battery, even with a black screen.

my sister's white sf took ages to charge and never actually charged fully using the mains adaptor, and i had some problems with a car charger; usb port on a computer works best for both of us.

Edited by sej7278

Guest socialworker

Hey Fellas,

could anyone be so kind to report the GPS-crash issue for 7.0.2 on the bug tracker?

I'm at work an can't pull a logcat.

It really hit me hard the day before yesterday, I needed satnav and it crashed immediatly like 5 times in a row.

Reverted to GEN1/N39 because of that.

Guest Cobble

Re battery.

Mine was discharging within 24 hours despite very little use. Then on Saturday morning I wiped and reinstalled N57, and used Titanium Backup to restore only missing apps. I did not restore data or system data this time.

I unplugged the phone from the charger at midday on Saturday, and as of now it's still got 55% left after almost 2 days

snap20110502084422.png

Edited by Cobble

A very long time charging the battery. For example, today from 10% to 100% was charged for 15 hours. Please help.

You did charge using USB, right ?

Did you try how long it takes using the wall charger ?

Guest skybeam
You did charge using USB, right ?

Did you try how long it takes using the wall charger ?

Usually charged using USB

Tonight reloading for about 5 hours via USB to 35-40%. Then went to bed and charge the left through an AC adapter for 8 hours (charges up to 80% somewhere). Then 2 hours recharged up to 100% via USB

Guest skybeam
Re battery.

Mine was discharging within 24 hours despite very little use. Then on Saturday morning I wiped and reinstalled N57, and used Titanium Backup to restore only missing apps. I did not restore data or system data this time.

I unplugged the phone from the charger at midday on Saturday, and as of now it's still got 55% left after almost 2 days

snap20110502084422.png

Also think reflash. If I can't wait for today's new releases, do it at night

Guest dadashi

I did a clean install with a full wipe of CM7.0.2, put all my apps with Titanium and had the best battery usage, absolutely no loss overnight....I kept going for over 48 hours using a little Wifi, GPS etc...

THEN,

I did a market update of my apps, updated about 15 apps...after that it's gone back to high battery usage, from morning till night, but no more than that...

So this battery eating is really caused by countless apps doing silly things in the background. That's why we get conflicting battery reports from different users...I suppose this is the android downside with hundreds of thousands of all kinds of apps produced by thousands of good and bad programmers...

I've done a clean install with all my apps without any updates again, and I've got super battery usage again, 0% drop over night....

Guest Sere2001

same here with battery drain,

full wipe, no recovery of old data, did everything new.

since I am in gen2 and 7.0.2 the battery drains more than 60% over night, I checked the status at 11pm yesterday, today at 7am the phone was dead, do not know when the battery got empty

on gen1 and cm7 everything was ok, battery lasted almost 3 days with normal usage

regards

Tonight reloading for about 5 hours via USB to 35-40%. Then went to bed and charge the left through an AC adapter for 8 hours (charges up to 80% somewhere). Then 2 hours recharged up to 100% via USB

That doesn't sound right at all, I never charge via USB, but it takes

me less than 2 hours from 10% - 100% with the wall charger.

Guest k0zmic
I did a clean install with a full wipe of CM7.0.2, put all my apps with Titanium and had the best battery usage, absolutely no loss overnight....I kept going for over 48 hours using a little Wifi, GPS etc...

THEN,

I did a market update of my apps, updated about 15 apps...after that it's gone back to high battery usage, from morning till night, but no more than that...

So this battery eating is really caused by countless apps doing silly things in the background. That's why we get conflicting battery reports from different users...I suppose this is the android downside with hundreds of thousands of all kinds of apps produced by thousands of good and bad programmers...

I've done a clean install with all my apps without any updates again, and I've got super battery usage again, 0% drop over night....

It's odd because I restored exactly the same apps (manually and via Titanium) on CM7 and it drains however, on Swedish Spring. It seems some probably have issues with Gingerbread perhaps?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest targetbsp

USB charging takes ages. If I have the wifi downloading whilst it's plugged into USB, the power it uses pretty much cancels out the power being used to charge it and the battery meter doesn't move! It's easy to believe that if the phone is running some app or other it would barely be able to charge over usb. I'd recommend the mains where possible - or patience. :mellow:

Guest Mushroom_Lord
USB charging takes ages. If I have the wifi downloading whilst it's plugged into USB, the power it uses pretty much cancels out the power being used to charge it and the battery meter doesn't move! It's easy to believe that if the phone is running some app or other it would barely be able to charge over usb. I'd recommend the mains where possible - or patience. :mellow:

I was on my blade last night - it was charging with mains (if using the mains to USB adapter counts as mains :o )

I was listening to music whilst browsing the web other wifi.

And battery stayedsat 28% the whole time :D

But I dot think battery is too bad. It is 2.3 :D