[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sm4tik
my phone is still at 95% this morning.

one thing it may be is wdigets - i've got no widgets running, do the people with battery life problems have news tickers, or twitter or anything running? i'm also using launcherpro+ not adwlauncher.

also mine is a grey oled - tft's probably will use more battery, even with a black screen.

my sister's white sf took ages to charge and never actually charged fully using the mains adaptor, and i had some problems with a car charger; usb port on a computer works best for both of us.

I charged before going to bed last night and had a 15% drop with background data turnd off, so I guess these experiments tell us it's not it. I'll do a clean install with my next update (I think wipe would be necessary anyway for N57) but in the mean time, I've disabled all my widgets and apps I've installed that would run in the background (screebl lite, setcpu). If the draining stops, I'll add them back one by one and keep an eye on the battery levels. I just might do a full wipe with this installation because I think the draining wasn't happening with a fresh install, don't know where it went wrong??

edit: btw, launcherpro+ here too and only minimalistic text and circle battery widgets were running. Currently I'm suspecting screebl lite, can anyone test/confirm?

Edited by sm4tik

Guest k0zmic
I charged before going to bed last night and had a 15% drop with background data turnd off, so I guess these experiments tell us it's not it. I'll do a clean install with my next update (I think wipe would be necessary anyway for N57) but in the mean time, I've disabled all my widgets and apps I've installed that would run in the background (screebl lite, setcpu). If the draining stops, I'll add them back one by one and keep an eye on the battery levels. I just might do a full wipe with this installation because I think the draining wasn't happening with a fresh install, don't know where it went wrong??

edit: btw, launcherpro+ here too and only minimalistic text and circle battery widgets were running. Currently I'm suspecting screebl lite, can anyone test/confirm?

Haven't got Screebl Lite but I still have drain. It could be a candidate though, since it uses a lot of sensors.

Guest iKrautDroid

Well, what's more important to you? An awesome, fast extremely functional gingerbread rom or slow charging?

You can gladly downgrade to 2.1 if you want.

:mellow:

Guest giorgitus

Hi,

a question a little bit out of topic.

Anyone knows if in the kernel of CM7 there are these parameters?

CONFIG_FIREWALL=y

CONFIG_NET_ALIAS=y

CONFIG_INET=y

CONFIG_IP_FORWARD=y

CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST=y

CONFIG_IP_FIREWALL=y

CONFIG_IP_FIREWALL_VERBOSE=y

CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE=y

If no, is there anyone that can tell me how to enable them?I've to recompile the kernel?

Thank you very much.

Guest udrkd

I got ignored the last time I asked this, so let's try again:

I have a new-ish gen2 Blade with (apparently) the different accelerometer that doesn't work with custom kernels. Apparently this can't be fixed yet. But is there a stock kernel that I can use with CM7?

Guest hecatae
Hi,

a question a little bit out of topic.

Anyone knows if in the kernel of CM7 there are these parameters?

CONFIG_FIREWALL=y

CONFIG_NET_ALIAS=y

CONFIG_INET=y

CONFIG_IP_FORWARD=y

CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST=y

CONFIG_IP_FIREWALL=y

CONFIG_IP_FIREWALL_VERBOSE=y

CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE=y

If no, is there anyone that can tell me how to enable them?I've to recompile the kernel?

Thank you very much.

cm7 blade kernel is hosted here https://github.com/TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade if you want to look at the above stuff

Guest hecatae
I got ignored the last time I asked this, so let's try again:

I have a new-ish gen2 Blade with (apparently) the different accelerometer that doesn't work with custom kernels. Apparently this can't be fixed yet. But is there a stock kernel that I can use with CM7?

what was your stock rom? do you have a backup so it can be looked at for what is different so it can be proposed as a patch to the cm7 kernel

Guest udrkd
what was your stock rom? do you have a backup so it can be looked at for what is different so it can be proposed as a patch to the cm7 kernel

Saunalahti 2.2. I have a nandroid backup, yes. Is boot.img the relevant file?

Edit: kallt_kaffe did say this about stock kernels with Swedish Spring: "These can be useful if something doesn't work with the custom kernel like the accellerometer that seems to use different chips on some Blades (for which ZTE has not given us the source)", so I thought nothing can be done on this at the moment.

Edited by udrkd

Guest k0zmic

Just had a look at Cyanogen's Twitter, he says 7.1 RC1 in a fortnight or so.

In regards to the battery drain problem, it seems like a Gapps problem. It seems like the common denominator with most people and the fact that disabling background sync stops the drain is more of an indication.

Guest Sere2001

hmm, for me, gapps should not be a problem, as I did not install the gapps, so no market, no maps, no email, and still battery drains like crazy

regards

Guest supermies123

Does this mean we won't see new updates until two weeks from now? :\

Or will there be Nightlies before 7.1 RC1 is released?

Edited by supermies123

Guest sej7278

my gen1 oled (now gen2 via tpt) running n57 has been on standby or doing nothing much but its now at 19h with 82% remaining.

oddly enough, a couple of hours ago it was registering 91% before i turned it off, so its used 9% battery when powered off lol!

also it jumped from 98% to 95% within 3 minutes when i unplugged it from the charger yesterday, so i guess the calculations aren't that accurate.

however, i don't see a problem with what's shaping up to about 1% per hour....

this was a clean wipe, no factory reset and nothing restored other than via market (i fecking hate titanium) and no overclocking.

as for releases, i compiled 7.1.0-RC0 yesterday, so i'd expect a nightly any day now, certainly before RC1 in 2 weeks. however 2.3.4 has only just started compiling properly for a couple of days now, so i expect much of the functionality isn't there yet, so may not be worth looking at until RC1 anyway. is there anything new other than Nfc stuff in 2.3.4?

Edited by sej7278

Guest k0zmic
hmm, for me, gapps should not be a problem, as I did not install the gapps, so no market, no maps, no email, and still battery drains like crazy

regards

Ahh I see. Then I really have no idea.

Does this mean we won't see new updates until two weeks from now? :\

Or will there be Nightlies before 7.1 RC1 is released?

Not sure unfortunately, probably best to ask Jacob or Cyanogen directly.

Hopefully, there will be though.

Guest k0zmic
my gen1 oled (now gen2 via tpt) running n57 has been on standby or doing nothing much but its now at 19h with 82% remaining.

oddly enough, a couple of hours ago it was registering 91% before i turned it off, so its used 9% battery when powered off lol!

also it jumped from 98% to 95% within 3 minutes when i unplugged it from the charger yesterday, so i guess the calculations aren't that accurate.

however, i don't see a problem with what's shaping up to about 1% per hour....

this was a clean wipe, no factory reset and nothing restored other than via market (i fecking hate titanium) and no overclocking.

as for releases, i compiled 7.1.0-RC0 yesterday, so i'd expect a nightly any day now, certainly before RC1 in 2 weeks. however 2.3.4 has only just started compiling properly for a couple of days now, so i expect much of the functionality isn't there yet, so may not be worth looking at until RC1 anyway. is there anything new other than Nfc stuff in 2.3.4?

Just that video chat and bug fixes for annoying bugs in 2.3.4.

Guest Northern-Loop

In regards to the battery drain problem, it seems like a Gapps problem. It seems like the common denominator with most people and the fact that disabling background sync stops the drain is more of an indication.

I'm finding that as well, just stopped background data and seems better so far but will need to test further.

My battery was dead within 8 hours or so with it on!

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

Nope, it just uses a lot when powering up, ca. 5% for me, probably more for those with battery issues in the first place.

You might want to try recalibrating your battery as per this thread

Edited by alex1alex2alex3alex4

Guest sej7278
Nope, it just uses a lot when powering up, ca. 5% for me, probably more for those with battery issues in the first place.

You might want to try recalibrating your battery as per this thread

whilst i seem to be the only user on this forum who gets decent battery life with n57, i think i'll skip recalibration :mellow:

but yes, it seems powering up uses a fair bit of juice, probably more than if you just leave it on standby (unless you plan on turning it off for a more than 5 hours).

Guest k0zmic
I'm finding that as well, just stopped background data and seems better so far but will need to test further.

My battery was dead within 8 hours or so with it on!

That's roughly the battery life I got before.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Saunalahti 2.2. I have a nandroid backup, yes. Is boot.img the relevant file?

Edit: kallt_kaffe did say this about stock kernels with Swedish Spring: "These can be useful if something doesn't work with the custom kernel like the accellerometer that seems to use different chips on some Blades (for which ZTE has not given us the source)", so I thought nothing can be done on this at the moment.

boot.img is the one, yes.

Guest Maringer

A couple of days ago, out of the blue, the battery of my CM7.0.2 installation started to drain much faster than usual. Checking Spare Parts did not find any obvious culprit apps causing the drain so I did the whole battery recalibration trick mentioned earlier. It must be said that it appears to have done the trick as battery drain seems to be back to normal (i.e. pretty reasonable since I installed Toggle2G).

Guest SantiagoChow

Although they are not very often, issues of charging shut down and GPS reboot still exist in N57. Should I report the bugs here? If not, please guild me a link, thx.

Suggestions are also welcomed.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Although they are not very often, issues of charging shut down and GPS reboot still exist in N57. Should I report the bugs here? If not, please guild me a link, thx.

Reporting issues with nightlies is not allowed, you would have to revert to 7.0.2. first,

and if these still happen to you ... report the issues.

Guest Phace81

Suggestions are also welcomed.

I have the same bugs on the 7.0.2 stable.

Guest Grain
boot.img is the one, yes.

boot.img includes the kernel but also many startup scripts and other stuff. Replacing CM7 boot.img with the boot.img of some other ROM will very likely not work.

Guest socialworker

Guys, battery drainage is no mistery to me:

It's 3G-networks.

Use 2G only, no more drain. I get 2 days with quite some usage (Sync always on, some doodle jump, mails, browsing, some calls/txts).

As requested some posts ago, could someone plz post the GPS-reboot issue for 7.0.2 on the bug tracker?

I can't pull any logcats, therefore I can't do it.