[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Grain
The accelerometer is not fixed. It's better but definitely not fixed.

Nothing has changed concerning the sensor code so nothing has changed concerning that bug. The lag was subject to some 'jitter' always (I have seen ~1sec lag after 10h uptime and sometimes less lag after several days).

Guest DannyDanny

didnt have any problem with the accelerometer before..

But N60 now shows a problem. Shootme capture app doesnt work.

Guest tukkis
didnt have any problem with the accelerometer before..

But N60 now shows a problem. Shootme capture app doesnt work.

I can't call normally to people with N60. When I'm trying to call someone, screen turns off instantly and starts calling. Well, I can't end the call if the whoam I'm calling is not answering! I have to take the battery off to end the call..

When the call is active, none of the keys are working.

Guest The Soup Thief
I can't call normally to people with N60. When I'm trying to call someone, screen turns off instantly and starts calling. Well, I can't end the call if the whoam I'm calling is not answering! I have to take the battery off to end the call..

When the call is active, none of the keys are working.

Ohh crikey! That sounds suspiciously like the proximity sensor bug rearing it's ugly head...

Phew! Just tested it here - no such problems on mine

Called my landline - screen went off as it should as I raised the phone to my head. Kept call live 20 secs or so then hung up on the landline. Screen came back on immediately just as it should

I'm on N60 also, btw

EDIT - tukkis - try this - settings>call settings>tick In-call touch UI

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest DannyDanny

ok.. N60 was bad for me so I downgraded to stable 7.0.2

Now I am getting this This process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly, message every minute.

I have to wipe and reinstall now.. bagga!

Guest tukkis
Ohh crikey! That sounds suspiciously like the proximity sensor bug rearing it's ugly head...

Phew! Just tested it here - no such problems on mine

Called my landline - screen went off as it should as I raised the phone to my head. Kept call live 20 secs or so then hung up on the landline. Screen came back on immediately just as it should

I'm on N60 also, btw

EDIT - tukkis - try this - settings>call settings>tick In-call touch UI

Hmm, that's odd. Thanks for the tip!

I have to try it later, at the moment my only cell phone is ZTE Blade so I can't play around at the moment with a "broken" ROM. Swedish Spring is working but a bit slower, so I definitely come to try CM7 when I get another cell phone.

Guest DannyDanny
Viber is working great on CM 7.0.2 stable !!!

viber? u mean voip app? I dont see it in the market? did they release it for android?

Guest SebbesApa
viber? u mean voip app? I dont see it in the market? did they release it for android?

Viber 2.0.105743 beta. They released it for 500 testers via techcrunch!

Guest Flumpster
Can't you just download it here http://www.viber.com/download?

You could download it there.. but then you still need to register in app and without being a beta tester it aint gonna happen.

You didn't try your advice did you ? :mellow:

Edited by Flumpster

Guest sej7278
Feeling silly, do i need too wipe between nightlies? Not feeling in a wiping mood.

probably only if you encounter problems, i've only wiped dalvik cache between 57/59/60, not data.

Guest targetbsp
Feeling silly, do i need too wipe between nightlies? Not feeling in a wiping mood.

I've never wiped a thing between day 1 and stable 7.0.0. Actually I have wiped after encountering certain problems but the wipe has never helped (always been rom bugs) so I've always restored the unwiped rom again.

Not been to any newer nightlies as of yet (in fact I've gone backwards) but I can't imagine that requirement has changed.

Guest ColdEmbrace
probably only if you encounter problems, i've only wiped dalvik cache between 57/59/60, not data.

I usually wipe everything i'll leave it tilll the weekend, wipe and install whatever version is running then.

Guest Fou-lu
I usually wipe everything i'll leave it tilll the weekend, wipe and install whatever version is running then.

+1

Total wipe to make sure it's a clean install before reporting bugs.

black/transparent black screens (randomly) in settings after clicking on certain app are fixed with 2.3.4 yet? always have to reboot to fix this.

Guest shadowninty

I've wiped once since TomGs third release

If you problems try and wipe the relevant apps data

Updates regularly screw things up (expectedly)

Black screens fixed in .4 AFAIK

Guest mELIANTE
I've wiped once since TomGs third release

If you problems try and wipe the relevant apps data

Updates regularly screw things up (expectedly)

Black screens fixed in .4 AFAIK

Needed to read that :mellow: