[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest skywave
Someone test Google Talk, please. Working audio/video chat or not?

I flashed the gapps-0503.zip with N60, floating around on the web. New google talk works but if i videocall someone, the screen goes black for 3 seconds then goes back to contacts. Logcat says error module not registed videochat and "consumer closed input channel or error occured".

I dont know if videochat will ever work because of no frontcam and armv6

Edited by skywave

Guest Totyasrác

I might be a bit noobish on this but can't see any topic regarding issues fixed so far (I stopped using CM7 for the poor battery performance with both 3G and data enabled). Now is it finally worth going for gen2 upgrade + latest Nightly or stable (I've heard that 2.3.4 has improved battery performance - which is the first 2.3.4 based version)?

Thanks (I usually do some search before asking but now couldn't find relevant answers)!

Guest mELIANTE
I might be a bit noobish on this but can't see any topic regarding issues fixed so far (I stopped using CM7 for the poor battery performance with both 3G and data enabled). Now is it finally worth going for gen2 upgrade + latest Nightly or stable (I've heard that 2.3.4 has improved battery performance - which is the first 2.3.4 based version)?

Thanks (I usually do some search before asking but now couldn't find relevant answers)!

The first 2.3.4 is n59, judging by the build.prop.

Guest The Soup Thief

n59 is the first 2.3.4 version

I used mine a lot today (an hour's gaming plus a couple of calls). Off charge since 8am and at 52% now - virtually all that drop was during that lengthy GalaxIR and Friction session

I'd expect 2 days of moderate use

Guest Totyasrác

Thanks a lot for the answers - then I'll go for it now :mellow:

(I'd be happy if my battery would last from 8AM till midnight as with any 2.1 and 2.2 versions, but with CM I had to recharge at around 8PM because it went flat by then :o )

Guest stephen m

I noticed there is an updated gapps via Clockworkmod. I'm still on Gen1 via the converter and N39 - can I flash it and install via the phone or with this not work. Or do I have to use the converter as when flashing any nightly. Thanks

Edited by stephen m

Guest k0zmic
I noticed there is an updated gapps via Clockworkmod. I'm still on Gen1 via the converter and N39 - can I flash it and install via the phone or with this not work. Or do I have to use the converter as when flashing any nightly. Thanks

Ah nice spot of the Gapps.

Guest shadowninty

no need for converter but you may as well upgrade while in Recovery anyway

Guest Totyasrác

Some notes:

- I wanted to backup my SS RLS5 so entered RomManager. It offerered the latest recovery, installed - and couldn't boot into it. So be careful.

- Then I rebooted, went fine, backed up my messages and call list, then applied the method from the first post, went smoothly (I had to press menu with volUp while turning on but that's okay). Now so far, so good but "can't connect to camera" when trying to start camera app... Had this issue before but can't remember what the solution was... Will work on it and also will check on battery lifetime tomorrow. Enjoying the excellent speed and "user experience" :mellow:

Edit: camera started working after first "real" reboot, so that's solved :o

Guest stephen m
no need for converter but you may as well upgrade while in Recovery anyway

So to test my understanding it's safe to upgrade whilst in recovery mode even though my phone is Gen1 :mellow:

I note that GTalk has improvements - anything else

Guest shadowninty
So to test my understanding it's safe to upgrade whilst in recovery mode even though my phone is Gen1 :mellow:

I note that GTalk has improvements - anything else

sorry I meant update CM to Nightly 60 and convert it..

ill flash the new GApps when new Nightly comes

Guest sej7278

on rommananger it says that's an experimental (read: broken) build for 2.3.4, so i doubt it would work or you'd get no benefit at least with n39 which is 2.3.3

Guest sej7278
Some notes:

- I wanted to backup my SS RLS5 so entered RomManager. It offerered the latest recovery, installed - and couldn't boot into it. So be careful.

- Then I rebooted, went fine, backed up my messages and call list, then applied the method from the first post, went smoothly (I had to press menu with volUp while turning on but that's okay). Now so far, so good but "can't connect to camera" when trying to start camera app... Had this issue before but can't remember what the solution was... Will work on it and also will check on battery lifetime tomorrow. Enjoying the excellent speed and "user experience" :mellow:

Edit: camera started working after first "real" reboot, so that's solved :o

if you couldn't boot into the latest recovery then you're probably a gen1 phone.

Guest lesa0208

i have one more question before i update my phone on gen2 and flash rom, what is fix in release 59, i know on earlier release having problem with battery, random reboots, gps, proximity sensor, and accelerometer, is that still present on 59 release?

Guest ColdEmbrace
i have one more question before i update my phone on gen2 and flash rom, what is fix in release 59, i know on earlier release having problem with battery, random reboots, gps, proximity sensor, and accelerometer, is that still present on 59 release?

i think it depends on your phone, i havent had battery, rebooting or proximity sensor issues ever.

Guest Totyasrác
if you couldn't boot into the latest recovery then you're probably a gen1 phone.

That's true, that is exactly what I stated by saying: "I wanted to backup my SS RLS5 so entered RomManager. It offerered the latest recovery, installed - and couldn't boot into it. So be careful."

So I had a Gen1 phone and ROMManager did not warn me about that. Solved witht TPT+CM7N60 installation.

Guest sej7278
That's true, that is exactly what I stated by saying: "I wanted to backup my SS RLS5 so entered RomManager. It offerered the latest recovery, installed - and couldn't boot into it. So be careful."

So I had a Gen1 phone and ROMManager did not warn me about that. Solved witht TPT+CM7N60 installation.

yes i thought that was naff myself - rommanager essentially recommended installing a recovery that wouldn't work on that phone!

you can roll back to 3.0.1.4 to do a nandroid of gen1/froyo, then after TPT to gen2/cm7, 3.0.2.7 works again, as i'm sure you've seen.

Guest devilkazuya
Anyone finding n60 much better, battery wise, or is it just me?

N61 battery life is amazing. I installed it last night and its been on standby for 10 hours and 20 mins browsing and so far its dropped only 3%.

I was on 7.0.2 and battery life was pretty bad so i went back to N39 and now i am happy with N60.

I have no GPS reboots, very smooth interface, usb charging working properly now, Just the wifi reconnect problem but i can live with it.

GEN1 UK OLED using converter and N60.

Edited by devilkazuya

Guest Zythus
Upgrading from 7.0.2 to N61, is a wipe needed?

Not :mellow:.

Great ROM, keep going :o

Ahh, I remember the N13 times, lawl.