[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest manji
New update on this, battery drain stops when the sound goes off (after a reboot). The sound is triggered by the phone apk, when it rings. I bet that's why the dialler is always up there in the battery usage stats.

Makes sense! Batt drainage also stopped after a reboot.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Makes sense! Batt drainage also stopped after a reboot.

Not for me, dramatic battery drain since n60, lost 50% in less than 24 hours where

I could get 5 to 7 days with the same usage profile before N60.

I also had that strange sound since I TPTed to Gen2, usually when the alarm

rang, a notification sound was played or the like, not seen (heard) wirh n60

so far.

Edited by alex1alex2alex3alex4

Guest The Soup Thief
New update on this, battery drain stops when the sound goes off (after a reboot). The sound is triggered by the phone apk, when it rings. I bet that's why the dialler is always up there in the battery usage stats.

Part of that is kinda what I was wondering. Just tested it tho by ringing myself from another phone. Following the (albeit brief) call I still can't hear anything from the speaker (nor would I want to, but the point is I don't seem able to reproduce what you're describing) - n61

Guest Maringer
Hi all,

Flashed N61 full wipe, now my sd card will not mount, any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Card wont show in windows, could it be buggered?

LoA

A couple of days ago, I suddenly had a "Damaged SD card" error pop up. Was unable to fix it - tried a recovery of the files using some Linux software but, after seeing this would take 278 hours, decided against it! I was unable to re-format the card in the phone or my Ubuntu laptop (using a card adapter).

In the end, I had to download the Panasonic SD formatter (Windows software) and was then able to reformat the card. Since then, there haven't been any problems with it.

I'm not quite sure what could have damaged the SD card in the first place as I hadn't suffered any crashes or obvious problems before it became screwed up and have never had problems with it in the past. I'm using CM7.0.2 on a phone converted to Gen2 by TPT, incidentally.

Guest lordofangels
A couple of days ago, I suddenly had a "Damaged SD card" error pop up. Was unable to fix it - tried a recovery of the files using some Linux software but, after seeing this would take 278 hours, decided against it! I was unable to re-format the card in the phone or my Ubuntu laptop (using a card adapter).

In the end, I had to download the Panasonic SD formatter (Windows software) and was then able to reformat the card. Since then, there haven't been any problems with it.

I'm not quite sure what could have damaged the SD card in the first place as I hadn't suffered any crashes or obvious problems before it became screwed up and have never had problems with it in the past. I'm using CM7.0.2 on a phone converted to Gen2 by TPT, incidentally.

Thanks Maringer, nothing shows up, there appears to be no sdcard , that's what the system says.

Put card in Reader on Laptop and nothing. It's as if its totally dead.

Using N61, OSF AMOLED Upgraded to gen2

Worked fine till I flashed 61.

Got me beat.

Guest lesa0208

how can i fix battery drain on N59? i wiped all, and from 100% my battery is on 28% after one hours of using wifi, five calls and ten sms

Guest tukkis
i think the whites have different hardware (the whites have that delicate-looking plastic cover too - the greys are more like rugged rubber) as my sister bought a gen1 white at the same time and from the same supplier as my gen1 grey and she's had battery problems even on froyo. mine has been faultless even with cm7 n60.

n59 onwards is cm 7.1.0 "RC0", it has the 2.3.4 api and 2.6.32 kernel.

Thanks for the cm 7.1.0 info.

Yep, if there is a hardware difference between black and white GEN2 Blades, so I am wondering why is "FLB r11b Gen 2 Lite Original" ( [GEN2] [ROM] FLB r11b Lite and Phat < Gen 2 only >, For "evaluation" - works well....) working just fine? I am so :mellow:

Guest Maringer
Thanks Maringer, nothing shows up, there appears to be no sdcard , that's what the system says.

Put card in Reader on Laptop and nothing. It's as if its totally dead.

Using N61, OSF AMOLED Upgraded to gen2

Worked fine till I flashed 61.

Got me beat.

Probably just corrupted. I think you'll have to accept that all the data on the card is lost.

If there are any images you really need from there, there are various freebie Windows apps which can attempt to recover image files from corrupted SD cards. Have a quick Google around and you should be able to find something.

If you're not worried about the lost data and have a Windows PC to hand, try the following formatter:

http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/

This was able to 'see' my corrupted SD card and format. It's been fine since then (only two days since, however!).

Guest mELIANTE
Part of that is kinda what I was wondering. Just tested it tho by ringing myself from another phone. Following the (albeit brief) call I still can't hear anything from the speaker (nor would I want to, but the point is I don't seem able to reproduce what you're describing) - n61

Yeah, I was too eager with that. Sound stopped shortly after and battery not draining yet. I'll try and document everything I do with the phone and try to relate the hissing with something more specific.

Guest lordofangels
Probably just corrupted. I think you'll have to accept that all the data on the card is lost.

If there are any images you really need from there, there are various freebie Windows apps which can attempt to recover image files from corrupted SD cards. Have a quick Google around and you should be able to find something.

If you're not worried about the lost data and have a Windows PC to hand, try the following formatter:

http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/

This was able to 'see' my corrupted SD card and format. It's been fine since then (only two days since, however!).

Thanks, gonna give it a go now..

edit...windows wont even recognise a card is in the reader, must be totaly dead.

thanks for your help, much appriceated.

Edited by lordofangels

Guest dadashi

I've got my SF connected via usb cable to my pc but the usuall usb connect menu from the drop down bar won't give me the option to make the sd card readable on my pc!! I tried a reboot but still the same.....I've checked the settings menu but couldn't find any thing to configure the usb connection to pc...

I'm running 7.0.2...it was working last week with the same rom...

Edited by dadashi

Guest zerosignull
I've got my SF connected via usb cable to my pc but the usuall usb connect menu from the drop down bar won't give me the option to make the sd card readable on my pc!! I tried a reboot but still the same.....I've checked the settings menu but couldn't find any thing to configure the usb connection to pc...

tried turning of USB debugging and re-plugin in cable?

Guest dadashi
tried turning of USB debugging and re-plugin in cable?

a new plug in solved the prob :mellow: there's me getting all panicky....

Guest stenlibi

Uninstall drivers and then re-install them.

Guest cjp666
I don't use Google maps; I use AllSport GPS for tracking my mountain bike riding. In the process at look at Endomondo as well. I've just installed kallt_kaffe's GPS fix and I'll see how I get on over the weekend.

I tried Endomondo on the way home in the car and phone rebooted after 28 minutes. It appears that I almost always have a reboot after 28 minutes; not sure what is going on. Was hoping GPS was sorted as I have started using it for tracking my mountain bike outings; oh well neverr mind...

Guest mELIANTE
Yeah, I was too eager with that. Sound stopped shortly after and battery not draining yet. I'll try and document everything I do with the phone and try to relate the hissing with something more specific.

Ok, just got off a rather long call, in which I used the loud speaker. The phone is sleeping now but the speaker is still hissing. Gonna reboot and see what multimedia does to the speaker. If it doesn't hiss the problem really is with the dialler using the speaker, hence, again, the big % of the dialler in the battery usage stats.

Guest Jekle
Ok, just got off a rather long call, in which I used the loud speaker. The phone is sleeping now but the speaker is still hissing. Gonna reboot and see what multimedia does to the speaker. If it doesn't hiss the problem really is with the dialler using the speaker, hence, again, the big % of the dialler in the battery usage stats.

I think the 2.6.35 kernel is on the horizon, Check HCDR Jacob Github, see to be some activity with 2.6.35 and they have just updated the pre built kernel

Guest mELIANTE
I think the 2.6.35 kernel is on the horizon, Check HCDR Jacob Github, see to be some activity with 2.6.35 and they have just updated the pre built kernel

Tried hering music through the speaker, it shuts off after stopping music. Tried games, the speaker shuts off after exiting the game. Seems to be related to the phone part, I suppose it's fixable in the rom?

Guest dadashi

after about 45 minutes attached to usb on laptop all the menu, home, back LED's liteup and SF wouldn't react! When I unplugged the usb it rebooted...stable 7.0.2...

Guest ThrashMan
after about 45 minutes attached to usb on laptop all the menu, home, back LED's liteup and SF wouldn't react! When I unplugged the usb it rebooted...stable 7.0.2...

That's OLD info.....the recharging bug has been there for ages! :mellow:

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Tried hering music through the speaker, it shuts off after stopping music. Tried games, the speaker shuts off after exiting the game. Seems to be related to the phone part, I suppose it's fixable in the rom?

As I said, it happened to me after alarms and SMS notifications...

Guest lesa0208

i have strange problem with n59, my phone freez and i must take battery off.

Edited by lesa0208

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Yup, we may have a .35 Kernel very soon.

Guest Amphoras
i have strange problem with n59, my phone freez and i must take battery off.

Are you overclocking? If so, don't go so high. If not, what are you doing when it freezes?

Guest k0zmic
Yup, we may have a .35 Kernel very soon.

Out of interest, what are the advantages of the .35 kernel compared to the current one?