[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Working Wifi tethering for one. And more reliability, as it's the Kernel that's actually designed to work with Gingerbread - hence we'll hopefully lose some of the bugs that have been unassailable thus far.

Guest lesa0208

it's not overclocked, i try to change wallpaper, and theme on widgetlocker and them phone freeze, i take battery off, and now every time when phone boot up i got force close for launcher pro, and when i try to change wallpaper on phone or dock or theme my phone freeze

it's not overclocked, i try to change wallpaper, and theme on widgetlocker and them phone freeze, i take battery off, and now every time when phone boot up i got force close for launcher pro, and when i try to change wallpaper on phone or dock or theme my phone freeze

Uninstall LP, install another launcher, see if that helps. Otherwise, try a reinstall and wipe.

Guest Ron=)

I suspect we can expect the sensors (accelerometer bug included) to be sorted out fairly soon!

This is a quote from tom:

"The testing went very well but I've been delaying responding because I have another kernel change to submit.

I'm happy for this to be merged as is, I'll add my changes as part of the new sensor lib when its ready."

New sensor lib = accelerometer fix? :mellow:

Guest k0zmic
Working Wifi tethering for one. And more reliability, as it's the Kernel that's actually designed to work with Gingerbread - hence we'll hopefully lose some of the bugs that have been unassailable thus far.

Thanks. It would be excellent if it does iron out those remaining few bugs.

Guest jonathan bowley

hey guys, first time i've had an issue with a cyanogenmod nightly. after converting to Gen2 i've had issues with signal. 3G seems to have been hit the worst, although 2G still has some issues. signal is dropping in places where it was previously strong. really annoying. any ideas on fixes?

worked fine on nightly 25 Gen1. also have had the crackling from the speaker when idle issue.

let me know if there are any fixes?

Guest Shadey1
New issue: sitting in the office and started to hear some strange, quite little sounds (a bit of white noise, very quietly and some popping/cracking sounds every now and then).

Anyone experienced similar issue? HW-buttons don't wake the phone while I hear these sounds so Blade should be in sleep state but something is using the speaker...

(I'm on Nightly60)

I've had something similar on the stable 7.02 on and off when the battery gets low. Planning to move to the latest nightly so fingers crossed it stops.

I only noticed it in bed the other night.

I think you need to update the title... :mellow:

I don't know what you're on about, it looks fine to me :o

Off topic, I'm 7 posts past Addict level 5 star-ness. In only 5 months....yea...wow. Most forum posts I've ever done on anything ever. Cool. Anyway, doesn't matter.

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Stuart_f
Off topic, I'm 7 posts past Addict level 5 star-ness. In only 5 months....yea...wow. Most forum posts I've ever done on anything ever. Cool. Anyway, doesn't matter.

Meh, been here since the original HTC TYTN back in 2006 and still struggling to reach 350 posts. The thing is, your posts are worth reading and none of mine are! Keep em coming please.

Guest ddaniell
Ok, just got off a rather long call, in which I used the loud speaker. The phone is sleeping now but the speaker is still hissing. Gonna reboot and see what multimedia does to the speaker. If it doesn't hiss the problem really is with the dialler using the speaker, hence, again, the big % of the dialler in the battery usage stats.

Same issue here with the speaker.. also happens to me after a call on normal mode (without loud speaker)

Meh, been here since the original HTC TYTN back in 2006 and still struggling to reach 350 posts. The thing is, your posts are worth reading and none of mine are! Keep em coming please.

Hmmm, maybe, sometimes. They're usually unsubstantiated gleamings. But shhhs, k?

But, for the sake of my sanity, as it's my go to source for updates, I've made the first tab default on the first post. I was spurred on by losing a post-star :mellow:

Guest dorren

From Cyanogen homepage

"Twitter

11 mins ago

The 7.0.3 update is *ONLY* for people using 7.0.2* stable builds. You'll hose your system if you install it on a nightly from the last week.

13 mins ago

@Bradart YES. Geez.

14 mins ago

Also, if you are running a CM 7.1 nightly, don't try and downgrade to 7.0.3! The nightly builds already have the security patch! "

So dont do as I did downgrade :o

Time to reinstall with n62 :mellow:

Guest wbaw
N62 is out with the new kernel

Anybody else having problems with N62? I keep getting 'Sorry! The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force close]' I didn't wipe data. I installed 7.0.3 over n60 without wiping, then installed n62 again without wiping, so it might be the not wiping part :mellow:

Edited by wbaw

Guest wbaw
Anybody else having problems with N62? I keep getting 'Sorry! The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. [Force close]' I didn't wipe data. I installed 7.0.3 over n60 without wiping, then installed n62 again without wiping, so it might be the not wiping part :mellow:

seems to be working ok after a wipe.

Guest DannyDanny

happen to me to when I downgraded from N60 to stable 7.0.2

Had to wipe and re install. I think stable and nightly do not mix well.

Edited by DannyDanny

Guest samjam
From Cyanogen homepage

"Twitter

11 mins ago

The 7.0.3 update is *ONLY* for people using 7.0.2* stable builds. You'll hose your system if you install it on a nightly from the last week.

13 mins ago

@Bradart YES. Geez.

14 mins ago

Also, if you are running a CM 7.1 nightly, don't try and downgrade to 7.0.3! The nightly builds already have the security patch! "

So dont do as I did downgrade :o

Time to reinstall with n62 :mellow:

Where are the 7.1 nightlys?

Guest The Soup Thief

Morning

Like an idiot I installed n62 over n61 without wiping as per wbaw's advice

I got away with it without forced closes

Will report back if they kick in

Samjam - link in my signature

Guest wbaw
Morning

Like an idiot I installed n62 over n61 without wiping as per wbaw's advice

I got away with it without forced closes

Will report back if they kick in

Samjam - link in my signature

It's if you install 7.0.3 over a recent nightly without a wipe that it causes problems, n62 over n61 should be fine. I did n60 -> 7.0.3 -> n62, that doesn't work without wiping.