[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Meizirkki

Guys, here's how to fix your batterylife:

One simple step!

- Use Launcher Pro instead of ADWLauncher.

My Blade's batterylife tripled.

Edited by Meizirkki

Guest stephen m
still only 2.6.32 kernel, i just installed it with the 20110503-gapss and its all working fine - except the hum after using speakerphone.

Where can I get the link for 20110503-gapss as my phone is still Gen1

Guest buneech
Green Led Back button bug still here on N63. :mellow:

Hope this will be fixed one day...

I haven't experienced such a bug on N62 yesterday. Green LED was on when i had unread/unseen notifications, and immediately went off.

Oh yeah, and i formatted everything prior to install.

Edited by buneech

Guest KACE_231

For me this happens, then when i get a notification, the problem disappears permenantly

Guest targetbsp
Green Led Back button bug still here on N63. :o

It doesn't seem likely seeing as no-one has logged a bug for it... :mellow:

Guest The Soup Thief

Howdy Cap'! Did this follow a full wipe? It's just that you've had this issue on the last couple while I've not been able to replicate it

wonder if you might think about nandroiding then full wipe & reinstall?

Can't be sure but I think it might be your set up rather than the nightly

Just a suggestion

Edit - wow - mass simulpost!

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Too right, Shad0wboss. Very disappointed by CM7 !! As you say, what a pity - such skilful devs too. If I were you I'd ask for your money back. I reckon they should probably offer a bit of compensation too if you aren't totally happy.

And if you've been waiting a month for the accelerometer bug to be fixed, well I don't know. They expect us to wait for free stuff ?? Bloody cheek I tell you.

And they think they can work on what they want, adding bits willy nilly, leaving the good bits 'til later. Bloody cheek.

You should write an official letter to that Mr C. Mod bloke and tell him to give the Blade devs the sack unless they deliver CM7 Final by Sunday night.

I heard that one of the devs is still studying - probably got something to do with it, youth of today and all. In my day, school boys were seen and not heard. And they did kind stuff for folk, like discover DNA and knit scarfs for their grans, after finishing all of their homework, mind you. And they'd still have time to create and publish a new ROM, each one better than the last and delivered by teatime every night. Bloody youth of today, I don't know.

If I don't get perfect CM7 soon, I'm going to pay someone to do me an Android 1.05 Banoffee Pie reflash with the whipped cream topping, Orange bloatware on the side, and just to really piss myself off, I'll probably smash the screen a bit. That'll show Mr Cyanogen Mod whats what - another customer lost.

Haha, brilliant. So many people on this forum have such a bad attitude. The devs can't always choose what they want to fix, they're working on a project that only has certain aspects open sourced, with a kernel not designed for the version of android.

So, well, be quiet, doubters.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Thanks for replys guys. :mellow:

In fact I just full wipe everything possible before flashing any new nightly. :D

I've just installed ADW Ex over ADW, nothing else. When I've notification, the Green Led come, then leave when I read the message. Then I turn off the screen and the LED just turn ON again... I see some guys having this problem too.

Earlier when I have Go SMS Pro installed, the Led stuck on RED color (due to the setting on GO SMS Pro).

Really don't know what can I try to fix that. :/

Thanks anyway. :o

Guest targetbsp

I've worked out how to make this problem happen (at least with SMS Popup)

If the screen is on whilst I receive a message then it's fine.

If I effectively miss the message such that the led has gone solid indicating the phone has gone to sleep then i turn on the phone and read it - it's fine

The problem occurs if I catch it whilst the screen is off but the phone is still awake. ie the led is flashing but the screen is off. Under those circumstances, the led goes off when the screen comes on but when the phone next goes to sleep the led comes on solid.

The reason I haven't seen this until now is up until yesterday I had SMS Popup set to turn on the screen for me when it gets a message so it would almost always fall under the first or second condition. :mellow:

[edit]

Made a log using only the stock messenger and then it occurred to me I'm using Nightly 35, gen1, overclocked and it's been a long time since I wiped! Meh, I'll just avoid reading messages whilst the led is flashing - it's easier. :o Hopefully someone else can log a bug report for it!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest shad0wboss
Too right, Shad0wboss. Very disappointed by CM7 !! As you say, what a pity - such skilful devs too. If I were you I'd ask for your money back. I reckon they should probably offer a bit of compensation too if you aren't totally happy.

And if you've been waiting a month for the accelerometer bug to be fixed, well I don't know. They expect us to wait for free stuff ?? Bloody cheek I tell you.

And they think they can work on what they want, adding bits willy nilly, leaving the good bits 'til later. Bloody cheek.

You should write an official letter to that Mr C. Mod bloke and tell him to give the Blade devs the sack unless they deliver CM7 Final by Sunday night.

I heard that one of the devs is still studying - probably got something to do with it, youth of today and all. In my day, school boys were seen and not heard. And they did kind stuff for folk, like discover DNA and knit scarfs for their grans, after finishing all of their homework, mind you. And they'd still have time to create and publish a new ROM, each one better than the last and delivered by teatime every night. Bloody youth of today, I don't know.

If I don't get perfect CM7 soon, I'm going to pay someone to do me an Android 1.05 Banoffee Pie reflash with the whipped cream topping, Orange bloatware on the side, and just to really piss myself off, I'll probably smash the screen a bit. That'll show Mr Cyanogen Mod whats what - another customer lost.

Mate, not sure if you're being sarcastic there but for everyone who thinks i'm just a whinner, then you all should know that what i said is totally correct. These builds should be for testing purpose + devs are releasing more newer stuff when the older builds are left aside aka 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 with bugs, isn't that true?

I DO NOT doubt the skills of the devs as i'm not a dev and i know how hard it is to release builds everyday within time. So again don't take me wrong, i just wanted to say those things to someone :mellow:

EDIT: A question i have about these builds, i heard that i could update these builds through rom manager? if that's true then if i deleted bootanimation.bin to fit the rom into the partition and then if i update N62 to N63 through rom manager, would it just install the update? or the whole rom? because if that's the whole rom then it won't fit into the gen1 partition i have. Please clarify this a bit...thanks !

Edited by shad0wboss

Guest dadashi

cm drawer has controls for WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS and Ringer...is it possible to add brightness and sync to those as well and save using a power widget?

Guest CaptainSpectacular
I've worked out how to make this problem happen (at least with SMS Popup)

If the screen is on whilst I receive a message then it's fine.

If I effectively miss the message such that the led has gone solid indicating the phone has gone to sleep then i turn on the phone and read it - it's fine

The problem occurs if I catch it whilst the screen is off but the phone is still awake. ie the led is flashing but the screen is off. Under those circumstances, the led goes off when the screen comes on but when the phone next goes to sleep the led comes on solid.

The reason I haven't seen this until now is up until yesterday I had SMS Popup set to turn on the screen for me when it gets a message so it would almost always fall under the first or second condition. :o

[edit]

Made a log using only the stock messenger and then it occurred to me I'm using Nightly 35, gen1, overclocked and it's been a long time since I wiped! Meh, I'll just avoid reading messages whilst the led is flashing - it's easier. :D Hopefully someone else can log a bug report for it!

Thanks for details. Maybe I'll log this but don't really know how to do this in a proper way. It's a very little problem comparing to others but a little bit annoying. :mellow:

Guest darkado
Is anyone else experiencing a touchscreen "deadzone"in the middle of the screen? Running 7.03 stable

i am (was) then went back and forth a few times between this 7.0.2, 7 and swedish spring until it started working again on swedish spring rls5. i LOVE cm7 and miss some of it's perks but i'm not gonna lose another day installing 10 roms if i get the problem again.

Guest Amphoras

I noticed some people were having trouble downloading things from the market. Did you manage to solve it, if so how did you do it? Last night I updated to N62 and also to wbaws gen 2 TPT v4 to get access to fastboot again. I was using N61 and v3 and everything was fine. v4 changed the partition layout from 15mb cache to 2mb cache which I think may be the problem, but shouldn't CM7 use the sdcard so it should still work? I can download small apps, the biggest I've seen work is 0.94mb. Any bigger ones don't work though, it says "Downloading...", "Download started", "Download unsuccessful". I've completely wiped everything and tried again but it still happens. Anyone got any ideas, or will I just need to go back to v3?

Guest hedgepigdaniel
I noticed some people were having trouble downloading things from the market. Did you manage to solve it, if so how did you do it? Last night I updated to N62 and also to wbaws gen 2 TPT v4 to get access to fastboot again. I was using N61 and v3 and everything was fine. v4 changed the partition layout from 15mb cache to 2mb cache which I think may be the problem, but shouldn't CM7 use the sdcard so it should still work? I can download small apps, the biggest I've seen work is 0.94mb. Any bigger ones don't work though, it says "Downloading...", "Download started", "Download unsuccessful". I've completely wiped everything and tried again but it still happens. Anyone got any ideas, or will I just need to go back to v3?

Lots of people seem to be having problems with market downloads. I had extensive problems of this sort (which I didn't end up posting about). I have a suspicion that there is something not working as expected in CM7 regarding the market cache, and how it supposedly redirects to data if cache is too small. I have gotten into situations where it was impossible to install anything. In all cases, using S2E (from market) to redirect the download cache to sd-ext has fixed all my problems.

Guest jimbobvfr400
cm drawer has controls for WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS and Ringer...is it possible to add brightness and sync to those as well and save using a power widget?

Do you mean the notification power controls? If you do then yes.

Settings > CyanogenMod settings > Interface > Notification power widget

Theres options to change the buttons and reorder them.

Guest shad0wboss
Lots of people seem to be having problems with market downloads. I had extensive problems of this sort (which I didn't end up posting about). I have a suspicion that there is something not working as expected in CM7 regarding the market cache, and how it supposedly redirects to data if cache is too small. I have gotten into situations where it was impossible to install anything. In all cases, using S2E (from market) to redirect the download cache to sd-ext has fixed all my problems.

downloading is fine...N62

Guest Amphoras

Thanks very much, its working now.

Does look like its something not working properly with CM7, I've been on the stock Gen 1 layout cache size, 15mb cache and now 2mb cache. If its meant to divert it, it should be fine on any, but 2mb doesn't seem enough.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Mate, not sure if you're being sarcastic there but for everyone who thinks i'm just a whinner, then you all should know that what i said is totally correct. These builds should be for testing purpose + devs are releasing more newer stuff when the older builds are left aside aka 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 with bugs, isn't that true?

I DO NOT doubt the skills of the devs as i'm not a dev and i know how hard it is to release builds everyday within time. So again don't take me wrong, i just wanted to say those things to someone :mellow:

EDIT: A question i have about these builds, i heard that i could update these builds through rom manager? if that's true then if i deleted bootanimation.bin to fit the rom into the partition and then if i update N62 to N63 through rom manager, would it just install the update? or the whole rom? because if that's the whole rom then it won't fit into the gen1 partition i have. Please clarify this a bit...thanks !

Meh, I dunno what I'm getting at, really. I was on the phone and reading dribs and drabs. I just think letting the devs know you specifically are dissapointed is sorta...meaningless. They know people don't like aspects, but they also only work on the pits they know how to fix.

I'm holding out hope till this new Kernel. I'm hoping it will fix A LOT.

Guest Vasily Mulukov

Another solution for stacked LED problem: switch off LED blinking in default notification settings of GO SMS - worked for me:-)

Edited by Vasily Mulukov

Guest targetbsp
Another solution for stacked LED problem: switch off LED blinking in default notification settings of GO SMS - worked for me:-)

But... the led notifications for missed calls/texts whilst the phone is sleeping is pretty much the main reason I use CM7 over Froyo. :o I always thought it was fairly stupid that my phone didn't tell me I'd missed a call. :mellow:

Guest targetbsp
Thanks for details. Maybe I'll log this but don't really know how to do this in a proper way. It's a very little problem comparing to others but a little bit annoying. :mellow:

If the charging issue is indeed fixed now as it says, I'll be upgrading to gen 2 and the latest nightlies very soon I expect. On the way I'll take a detour via 7.0.3 and log the bug if no-one else has in the meantime. :o

Guest clear sky

For me nightly 62 has been the best so far. GPS problem is gone, charging bug also fixed, and the phone feels more responsive than before, even after hours from rebooting. Accelerometer is still lagging though, posting big messages on forums can also be laggy and I can't comment yet on battery life. Nevertheless it looks like its gettiing better and better and I can live with it now and do my business without worry

Edited by clear sky