[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest swordtail
Mate, not sure if you're being sarcastic there but for everyone who thinks i'm just a whinner, then you all should know that what i said is totally correct. These builds should be for testing purpose + devs are releasing more newer stuff when the older builds are left aside aka 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 with bugs, isn't that true?

I DO NOT doubt the skills of the devs as i'm not a dev and i know how hard it is to release builds everyday within time. So again don't take me wrong, i just wanted to say those things to someone :mellow:

EDIT: A question i have about these builds, i heard that i could update these builds through rom manager? if that's true then if i deleted bootanimation.bin to fit the rom into the partition and then if i update N62 to N63 through rom manager, would it just install the update? or the whole rom? because if that's the whole rom then it won't fit into the gen1 partition i have. Please clarify this a bit...thanks !

I sort of agree with you on this.It does seem in the race to get 2.3.4.5.6.7 so on and so on maybe harmful in the development of CM7.It's all very well getting us the latest and greatest rom but it's a damn shame that of all the incarnations of it not one is fully usable as a daily rom. Not for one moment am I having a dig at the Developers as we all know they do this for no reward and are not obligated to anybody in getting it completed for the benefit of us bunch of no life misfits :o

But maybe lets at least get ONE rom that can be used daily and then concentrate on the next version thereafter.

Guest shad0wboss
But maybe lets at least get ONE rom that can be used daily and then concentrate on the next version thereafter.

yes, that's the word i'm searching for :mellow:

nevertheless i have to say that bringing gingerbread to blade was a remarkable job in the first place...so lets see what does this new kernel has for us.

Edited by shad0wboss

Guest DannyDanny

Accelerometer works fine with me on 7.0.2 and 7.0.3

But in some particular apps, this is not the case.

Edit: This happened after I use Shootme app (capture screen app).

I thought 7.0.3 was causing the accelerometer issue so

I just reloaded to 7.0.2 and accelerometer was working fine with games.

But after using the shootme app, (the app captures screen by shaking the device)

accelerometer became un-usable. If I reboot, it works again with games.

Edited by DannyDanny

Guest Amphoras

Just wanting to check whether this is right or not. I got the impression that most custom roms here are based on official roms. Most of its already there, and the person working on it makes some of their own modifications. The roms get released in a pretty much stable state, and don't have many updates after that. As far as I know, there aren't any official 2.3 roms. So CM7 is being made from scratch. Instead of waiting until its all working, they release new builds every day/few days. This obviously helps with testing, but it means its going to be in use for a lot longer before the rom is "finished". Is this correct?

Guest The Soup Thief
yes, that's the word i'm searching for :mellow:

Lads, just to be clear here...

The Orange version of Eclair that came on your phones when you bought it... would you call that suitable for daily use?

Orange would, and did, and there are a good few people still using that one

Myself, I've been using the cm7 nightlies as daily ROMs since the beginning, and aside from one or two glitches along the way (which were ironed out long back) I'd say my phone now is immeasurably better suited to daily use than it was with the initially installed ROM - for one, i can now go a whole couple or 3 days without needing to recharge

If you want a ROM that doesn't have ongoing development and is a broadly finished product, maybe CM7 isn't yet for you. As you well know there are some really stable Froyo firmwares with fewer bells and whistles that might be more up your street

You have choices in this, and to be honest, your choice to continue using CM7 and complain that HCDRJacob's and Tom_G's priorities don't align perfectly with your own is getting a bit old

Guest Fou-lu

N35, RC4 and 7.0.2 are daily use roms and a couple more nightlys, if you don't care about accelerometer and don't charge every second of the day, if CM wasn't "daily use", nobody would keep it on there phones, we just need a fully stable (perfect) rom, but perfection takes time.

Guest abdn-android
I'm noticing high sensor usage is hurting my battery life on n61 gen1. Every time I get/make a call my sensors seem to stay on until I reboot. Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas for a fix?

Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on this? I noticed the same phenomena when I ran Google Maps with GPS and then closed Maps and turned off GPS. Spare parts shows Maps keeps using the sensors (same way that Dialer keeps using the sensors after a phone call). Also saw the same thing after using Gallery - it kept using the sensors after closing the program.

Could this be because I'm still Gen1 and using the converter? Could it be because I'm using the gapps_0503 (that doesn't seem to explain the Dialer and Gallery though)? Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by abdn-android

Guest popoyaya
No mention of new kernel in the changelog

The new kernal was mentioned in the changelog for N62. I thought the buildbot just hadn't picked it up yet?

Guest jjcg75
Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on this? I noticed the same phenomena when I ran Google Maps with GPS and then closed Maps and turned off GPS. Spare parts shows Maps keeps using the sensors (same way that Dialer keeps using the sensors after a phone call). Also saw the same thing after using Gallery - it kept using the sensors after closing the program.

Could this be because I'm still Gen1 and using the converter? Could it be because I'm using the gapps_0503 (that doesn't seem to explain the Dialer and Gallery though)? Any help would be appreciated.

I have converted from Gen1 to Gen2 running N61 and experience the same issue with dialer, gallery and maps you mentioned above so I dont think its a converter problem.

Edited by jjcg75

Guest popoyaya

Where in spare parts can you see this information?

Guest targetbsp
The new kernal was mentioned in the changelog for N62. I thought the buildbot just hadn't picked it up yet?

It depends what you mean by new kernel. N62 does have *a* new kernel which fixes the charging issue. It doesn't have the kernel with the new android version if that's what you mean?

Guest popoyaya
It depends what you mean by new kernel. N62 does have *a* new kernel which fixes the charging issue. It doesn't have the kernel with the new android version if that's what you mean?

Yes I meant the new 2.6.35 kernel.

Guest kol0bok
Yes I meant the new 2.6.35 kernel.

It has obviously not happened but IMHO that's ok. Adding bugfixes is more important than running for the highest kernel version number.

Is there anything you really need from 2.6.35 besides of FM radio support?

Guest sej7278
It has obviously not happened but IMHO that's ok. Adding bugfixes is more important than running for the highest kernel version number.

people obviously didn't see my post from about 2 pages back saying that n63 is still 2.6.32 ! however it does have the "new kernel" it seems, with the i/o speed ups.

2.6.35 has major new powersaving features, i can get 8.5 hours from my netbook using that kernel (on regular linux, not android of course).

is the radio going to be fixed by 2.6.35, i wouldn't have thought so unless zte have opensourced the drivers. not that i care really, radio is so 1980.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Amphoras

I think lots of people are hoping the new kernel might fix some of the bugs that have been around for a while. Whether it will or not, who knows.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
N35, RC4 and 7.0.2 are daily use roms and a couple more nightlys, if you don't care about accelerometer and don't charge every second of the day, if CM wasn't "daily use", nobody would keep it on there phones, we just need a fully stable (perfect) rom, but perfection takes time.

Not quite, 7.0.2 already had the hissing speaker for me, I have it since converting to Gen2.

Guest abdn-android
Where in spare parts can you see this information?

If you go 'Battery History', then change 'Other Usage' to 'Sensor Usage.' You can view 'Since last unplugged' or 'Total since boot'. It should be pretty obvious if you've only had a few calls, used maps briefly, or glanced at the gallery that the times are very high (like in the hours rather than minutes).

I guess since jjcg75 has seen the same thing on Gen2 it's not just a Gen1 issue.

Has anyone else found a way around this, or a way to force the sensors off after using dialer/maps/gallery, beyond simply rebooting (which is totally impractical after any dialer/maps/gallery use)?

Has anyone else found a way around this, or a way to force the sensors off after using dialer/maps/gallery, beyond simply rebooting (which is totally impractical after any dialer/maps/gallery use)?

Stop maps forcefully ...

Guest samjam
Stop maps forcefully ...

One of the CM7 debugging options allows long-press of BACK to kill the application. Load maps and then kill it. Maybe that is an easy way.

Guest abdn-android
Stop maps forcefully ...

Not sure what you mean... short of throwing the phone on the ground and stomping on it :mellow:

Guest abdn-android
One of the CM7 debugging options allows long-press of BACK to kill the application. Load maps and then kill it. Maybe that is an easy way.

I'll give this a try as a work around, thanks.

I'll give this a try as a work around, thanks.

The other option is to go to settings -> Applications

locate Maps, select it, you'll be given the option to stop it from there.

Not really that "forcefully", though :mellow: