[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest mau34

i flashed n19 before, everything worked great, however cannot afford to have random reboots as some users previously mentioned n therefore went back to flb.

ive been following the post closely, n the latest issue is wifi keeps the phone awake and gps right...? but other than these 2 issues, is thr other any major issues?

hope this is not the worst question on this post, but i really do want to flash my blade to cm7, however could someone please give me some advice on which nightly should i be flashing for a stable day to day rom.

Guest Schwinni
Just because they are not needed :D

When you install CM7 and first click on Market, it asks which apps (GMail, Maps, Search etc.) you want to download from Market. And the ones it downloads are the newest versions.

I never install gapps, and it causes no problem.

Gmail, Maps and YouTube are not part of the gapps package anyway.

If you want to install Gmail, Maps, etc. to your system partition you can use the addon(s) from my signature.

Guest hecatae
Gmail, Maps and YouTube are not part of the gapps package anyway.

If you want to install Gmail, Maps, etc. to your system partition you can use the addon(s) from my signature.

why would I want to install applications to my system partition, that just makes them more difficult to remove.

Gmail Maps and Youtube are in the selection in the Gapps.zip that makes them Google Apps, aka Gapps

Guest JobSup

I hope that they include an updated kernel in RC3. Tom fixed many bugs in his experimental kernel. For example the problem that the Blade resets after GPS usage is fixed.

Guest dibbles
I hope that they include an updated kernel in RC3. Tom fixed many bugs in his experimental kernel. For example the problem that the Blade resets after GPS usage is fixed.

Now I can't pass on that news :D

So if the new kernal is not adopted with the RC3 update is it "simple" to replace it with Tom's with CW..?

I assume that you are meaning t0mm13b_exp file from here...

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...tal-cm7-kernel/

...I never read about the GPS issue being resolved by his excellent work.?

Guest ZakMcRofl

I agree with dibbles, can we have a source for that information? I searched the mentioned thread for GPS and there was no talk about it being fixed.

It is by far the most major bug because it makes the device completely unusable for GPS users.

Edited by ZakMcRofl

Guest simonckenyon

i cannot see such a fix in tom's experimental kernel

where do you see that?

Guest skull_fcuk

typical!! you go two days without hide nor hair, and then two show up at once!! How are you supposed to choose?? I think i'll buy a new phone, just to try both! :D

Guest skull_fcuk
Jacob is saying on the IRC Channel to go with Nightly 32 as that was built today and not RC3 as that was built by him yesterday.

I should've read this post before posting mine :D

Will upgrade later.