[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest mickey megabyte

is it time to put this thread to bed yet, and start a new one?

or better to wait for the next 'stable' non-nightly release?

Guest Grain
yes, we've just proven that the libaudio.so speaker hiss issue is fixed and the patch (#19) submitted, and isn't related to battery drainage

"Proven" is a strong word. Hiss is fixed, yes. Drainage - still testing. Will take more time. In any case there's some other pieces in CM that might also cause high drain. But it's pretty obvious that a sound system that does not get disabled in sleep doesn't exactly help battery life. :)

you've got to think of the battery stats as a percentage of a percentage

Battery status is inferred from some measurements the phone is capable to do. It cannot read absolute battery status but can only measure current usage.

Detailed per-app battery stats are even worse. These are inferred from a number of per-app stats (wakelocks, CPU time, sensor usage, etc.). Pretty much none of these stats is bulletproof. Neither are the constants needed for calculating the power (probably) needed for that app - for example, who knows the exact power - in milliamperes - GPS drains when a) disabled, b) enabled, c) scanning, d) locked, e) gathering the almanac?

maybe the "battery use" gui should be changed to display the usage as a percentage of total battery life, so instead of 21% (of 6% used) it should say 1% (of 100% capacity).

Well, it could display milli watt hours (mWh). Then at least people with some electronics background could possibly understand that. ATM, nobody can really understand that stats part :) .

all the battery stats are complete bullshit it seems, although i think there is still something draining the battery intermittently.

mmm did you ever take a look at the processes that are still in cache? you can access this screen in the ongoing services by pushing the menu button.

funnily enough i think there were still maps processes there even after i manually fc the app...

i could get rid of them by using autorun mgr and unchecking all maps events.

in any case they are probably taken into account in the battery stats...

not sure it really has an impact on the battery drain, though?

Guest Zythus

Guys I have ,problems like that:

"Sorry, process com.android.phone has been stopped. Please try again"

Force closes, when I Installed 7.0.3 it was in camera and in Android Market (there was Process com.android.media), now I cant launch my phone. When I type my PIN, I see this message popping out. What the hell?

Guest Zythus

Yeap, same. Cant even access the phone, after typing pin it just shows me that message, and bringing me back to PIN page.

Wiped cache, dalvik cache, wiped battery stats.

I didn't had it, till I installed gapps from ROM Manager, cuz my old gapps weren't working with 7.0.3.

But now I can't even launch my phone correctly...

Edited by Zythus

Guest k0zmic
Yeap, same. Cant even access the phone, after typing pin it just shows me that message, and bringing me back to PIN page.

I didn't had it, till I installed gapps from ROM Manager, cuz my old gapps weren't working with 7.0.3.

But now I can't even launch my phone correctly...

Try fix permissions in ROM Manager.

Guest Zythus

Launched it, hope it'll help.

Every 10 seconds I need to type in my PIN , lol. Funny.

Edited by Zythus

Guest Grain

Install adb on your PC, then get a logcat through "adb shell" (google for it). There's a stacktrace in the log that will help troubleshooting this.

Guest Grain
Launched it, hope it'll help.

Every 10 seconds I need to type in my PIN , lol. Funny.

This sounds like you upgraded from Android 2.1 or 2.2 and didn't wipe /data (= restore factory settings). CM does not understand the format of old settings files (for example Wifi settings have changed), panics, and restarts part of its framework.

Guest Zythus

I wiped it, when I was moving to Gen2. It worked, till I installed 7.0.3 and gapps for it.

Here is screen from logcat:

zapiszx.png

Do you understand any of it? I only see "process died"

Guest Nathorr

TPT GEN2, N63: No charging crashes, no battery drain, with before nightlies my battery drained ~50% in 7 hours, now after workday (7 hours) 70% battery left! Great work lads! Just updating to N67.

Guest wbaw
I wiped it, when I was moving to Gen2. It worked, till I installed 7.0.3 and gapps for it.

Here is screen from logcat:

zapiszx.png

Do you understand any of it? I only see "process died"

Did you install 7.0.3 over a recent nightly without wiping? That explains it. Wipe data.

Guest Grain

Perhaps try wiping again. Wasn't there some breaking change from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 or something?

Here is screen from logcat

Just paste the text, not screenshots, or use pastebin.com and post a link.

You cut away the interesting part which is the stacktrace (the part with the lots of "at com.android..." or "at dalvik..." lines and the bits before and after that).

Guest shad0wboss

Guys, i had trouble editing written text on google when i looked at my friend's iphone, it has a zoom in fuction and you can slide your finger from left to write to choose where to edit and i really liked it. So is there a way to do that in CM7? i mean editing stuff is real pain.

Guest sej7278

did you install gapps-20110503 instead of 20110307 perhaps - the experimental 0503 build (with newer gtalk) is 2.3.4 only, so 7.1.0/nightly 57 or later, not 7.0.3

nothing particularly exciting in n67, i'm waiting for the new libaudio.so to get merged in before upgrading from n64

Guest MrEasy
did you install gapps-20110503 instead of 20110307 perhaps - the experimental 0503 build (with newer gtalk) is 2.3.4 only, so 7.1.0/nightly 57 or later, not 7.0.3

nothing particularly exciting in n67, i'm waiting for the new libaudio.so to get merged in before upgrading from n64

Can you say where to get gapps-20110503?

On http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?titl...ion#Google_Apps the latest version is gapps-20110307

Guest Zythus

I think I know what happened - my launcher is 2.3.3 from steven lin - gingerbread. When I try to put it "as default" it gives me force close - when I press "Launch" it works normally. SO maybe this is it?

Guest ztebladeuser
Reading the first post would have been enough.

it wont let me install gapps in the first post, it says signature verification failed. what am i doing wrong?