[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest k0zmic
it wont let me install gapps in the first post, it says signature verification failed. what am i doing wrong?

Turn off the signature check in Recovery. It's toggle signature verification I think.

Guest The Soup Thief

Battery life seemed very good on n64

Off charge this morning at 7 and is sat in my pocket all day aside from receiving a couple of texts - 94% 12 hours later. Very light use, but very good standby time. Though I know the readings are v sketchy between 85% and 100%

Incidentally, anyone notice that on n64 when you switch the volume up or down with the rocker it doesn't have the text to tell you what volume you're changing? It's fixed in n67, whose battery life I anticipate being just as great as it's nearest neighbour

Very dull post, but sorry, I've not had problems with nightlies for ages and wanted to chirrup up :unsure:

Guest shad0wboss
I've not had problems with nightlies for ages and wanted to chirrup up :unsure:

seems like you were in the same boat as me :) but i'm happy at N62 for now...

Guest k0zmic
Battery life seemed very good on n64

Off charge this morning at 7 and is sat in my pocket all day aside from receiving a couple of texts - 94% 12 hours later. Very light use, but very good standby time. Though I know the readings are v sketchy between 85% and 100%

Incidentally, anyone notice that on n64 when you switch the volume up or down with the rocker it doesn't have the text to tell you what volume you're changing? It's fixed in n67, whose battery life I anticipate being just as great as it's nearest neighbour

Very dull post, but sorry, I've not had problems with nightlies for ages and wanted to chirrup up :unsure:

Yeah I noticed that Volume Rocker thing. I thought my installation has just gone wonky. Nice to hear it's fixed.

Guest lordjubblydave

I am running CM 7.03, although this bug has affected me in most of the versions I have tried.

Basically from time to time while typing text is invisible in the input box, also sometimes the keyboard does not pop up or on other occasions it will fail to close.

Is this a common bug? Are there any workarounds?

Guest sej7278

anyone with poor battery life - have you enabled facebook?

i was just thinking, the only time i used 33% battery on standby in 7 hours was the day i signed into facebook. i guess its using the dreaded data sync.

today i've not even turned wifi on and have used about 6% battery in 9 hours of standby, but i noticed as soon as i turned wifi on tonight, facebook was fired up as a cached process.

i've cleared the facebook app's data/cache and have killed the process, so will see if tonight my battery stays good (also flashed n67).

i've also not used the dialer.....

what's this about the volume rocker - in n67 it just says "ringer volume" did it not say that in n64, i didn't really notice?

Edited by sej7278

Guest Roku

In N67 after opening Gallery CPU load stays 100% and soon it freezes. System Panel doesn't show what is using CPU 100%.

Have to remove battery to recover. Anyone else?

Edited by Roku

Guest tomasvilda
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,5204

blade: new sensor lib

New gingerbread style sensor lib. It is hoped this will help with accelerometer lag issues some users

experience using the old froyo sensor lib.

Change-Id: I2a8c91e1fb72fe2683a574626260e7ce906b89a4

Maybe soon we will have working accelerometer! :unsure: Nice job Tom

Guest Spykeuk

Can anyone link me to the speaker fix iv looked at post 19 and page 19 and i cannot find the fix

Help? or point me in the right direction cus im feel verry stupid!

Guest AsusFreak
Can anyone link me to the speaker fix iv looked at post 19 and page 19 and i cannot find the fix

Help? or point me in the right direction cus im feel verry stupid!

It's on the issue tracker: here. Take a look at comment #19.

Edited by AsusFreak

Guest Grain
It's on the issue tracker: here. Take a look at comment #19.

That doesn't fix the clicking noise when sleeping. It fixes the hiss which is another issue that was discovered when discussing the original bug report. So far no fix for the clicking noise is available.

Guest tdodd
In N67 after opening Gallery CPU load stays 100% and soon it freezes. System Panel doesn't show what is using CPU 100%.

Have to remove battery to recover. Anyone else?

Since installing N67 and leaving the phone overnight with all data and sync disabled, my battery was down to ~70% after 13 hours without using the phone. Normally it would still be showing 100%. If I interpreted the battery usage display properly the phone was awake for several significant periods overnight, when I was asleep and the phone should have been doing nothing.

I guess I'll try N68 today.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
That doesn't fix the clicking noise when sleeping. It fixes the hiss which is another issue that was discovered when discussing the original bug report. So far no fix for the clicking noise is available.

I am using libaudio.so from Gen1 for now, as suggested by wbaw, both the hiss and the clicking noise are gone.

Guest lesa0208

is anyone have problem with launcher pro and force closing, and loading widgets?

Edited by lesa0208

Guest DokuP

:unsure: trying N67 ...... and GPS-Reboot Bug is back on my Blade!!! Flashing back to SS5 .....

DP

Edited by DokuP

Guest sej7278
Since installing N67 and leaving the phone overnight with all data and sync disabled, my battery was down to ~70% after 13 hours without using the phone. Normally it would still be showing 100%. If I interpreted the battery usage display properly the phone was awake for several significant periods overnight, when I was asleep and the phone should have been doing nothing.

i'm hedging my bets on dialer as battery life appears to drop when you've made/received a phonecall and its not the speaker issue; or facebook which i guess is waking and trying to sync data (even with wifi/3g off!)

i've made a phonecall and removed facebook settings so will see what happens to my battery today. last night with no phonecalls/facebook i used about 1% in 8 hours standby with n67+libaudio

edit: after that one phonecall my battery has dropped 13% in 3 hours. does anyone think using dialer-one or go-contacts instead of the stock dialler fix this?

Edited by sej7278

I guess I'll try N68 today.

I flashed N67 yesterday evening, then left my phone with all radios off and after checking no app was open, at 77% battery.

This morning it was still at 77%!

Well, after a few minutes it had fallen down to 75%, but 2% over a night is not bad after all...

No recorded activity at all overnight, just as I expected.

Since then I lost an additional 10%, with a bit of 3G/Wifi downloads and browsing, a few sms and mails: it's not very good, I'm a bit disappointed actually.

Well, all in all, it's still very usable, and I wouldn't call it a battery drain yet...

Guest burstlam

I have been using N35 libaudio.so since the very first day hiss problem appear and it works.

I suggest for those who suffered alot from battery drain.

they should toggle to 2G radio mode and turn off data sync.(including google mobile data connection service)

then use task killer to kill all programs(except both settings and CM setting ) and services

the machine will go asleep very well.

it drops about 3-5% overnight with N64.

I have been using N35 libaudio.so since the very first day hiss problem appear and it works.

I suggest for those who suffered alot from battery drain.

they should toggle to 2G radio mode and turn off data sync.(including google mobile data connection service)

then use task killer to kill all programs(except both settings and CM setting ) and services

the machine will go asleep very well.

it drops about 3-5% overnight with N64.

I would also advise autorun manager or any similar tools that can prevent apps from starting on their own (maps or the market are very likely to do so) not only at startup but also on events...