[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Jean85
I am running CM 7.03, although this bug has affected me in most of the versions I have tried.

Basically from time to time while typing text is invisible in the input box, also sometimes the keyboard does not pop up or on other occasions it will fail to close.

Is this a common bug? Are there any workarounds?

Yes, it's a known issue: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3106

I had it, but now I have N64 and seems to be fixed :unsure:

Guest V_ll_
No Auto-rotation in N69... So bad, this build seems nice anyway.

You probably meant N68 :unsure:

Anyhow, same here, no auto-rotation :) . I had latest Gen1 build but got annoyed to random GPS reboots so I converted to Gen2 -> wipe -> N69.

Guest j6mm
You probably meant N68 :unsure:

Anyhow, same here, no auto-rotation :) . I had latest Gen1 build but got annoyed to random GPS reboots so I converted to Gen2 -> wipe -> N69.

For me, none of the sensors are working in N68 (accel, proximity, light, compass). GPS works but had one GPS reboot too.

Guest Grain
I flashed N67 yesterday evening, then left my phone with all radios off and after checking no app was open, at 77% battery.

This morning it was still at 77%!

Well, after a few minutes it had fallen down to 75%, but 2% over a night is not bad after all...

No recorded activity at all overnight, just as I expected.

Fun facts:

• With radio off the phone has a battery life of weeks (if left sleeping).
  • After a long time sleeping, remaining battery indicator is sometimes a bit wonky and will decrease quickly (to the 'real' value) when active.
  • Even activity meter in battery history is unreliable (I have seen it display several hours of wakelocks that didn't exist in reality).

Guest finbaar
Fun facts:
  • With radio off the phone has a battery life of weeks (if left sleeping).
  • After a long time sleeping, remaining battery indicator is sometimes a bit wonky and will decrease quickly (to the 'real' value) when active.
  • Even activity meter in battery history is unreliable (I have seen it display several hours of wakelocks that didn't exist in reality).

'Calibrated' my battery last night then flashed N67. Left the phone at 23:30 with 84% charge and at 06:15 it was at 81%. This was with 2G/3G on, wifi off, gps off, sync on. Phone is now at 52% after having the screen on for ~1.5 hours, no angry birds but played a bit of chess with Shredder and Chess Online app. Also played ~ 2 hours of music through headset with sound at maximum and using Volume+ app to push it even higher. I am happoy with this!

Guest Grain
'Calibrated' my battery last night then flashed N67.

That 'calibration' wipes battery stats. The phone especially loses information about how good the battery (which ages with time) is. Battery stats will be especially unreliable for some days after a battery stats wipe. It'll look cool though. :unsure:

Guest V_ll_
For me, none of the sensors are working in N68 (accel, proximity, light, compass). GPS works but had one GPS reboot too.

Ok, I installed N67 (had N68) and didn't wipe -> sensor(s() work again. Great :unsure:

Edited by V_ll_

Guest Maringer

I'll do my usual trick here of recommending Toggle2G. :unsure:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739530

This app improves battery life of my a great deal (I'm currently using N63) as 3G in CM7 currently seems to drain the battery quite a bit more than you would normally expect.

(Edit: this is in response to burstlam's post #3049).

Edited by Maringer

Guest MidaMilunk
Ok, I installed N67 (had N68) and didn't wipe -> sensor(s() work again. Great :unsure:

Lucky you!

I have no sensors since installed N68 once! Restored a two day old version, but still no sensors, rebooted after removing the battery, still no sensors!

Should I flash it again (TPT?)

Guest Pakatus
I'll do my usual trick here of recommending Toggle2G. :unsure:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739530

This app improves battery life of my a great deal (I'm currently using N63) as 3G in CM7 currently seems to drain the battery quite a bit more than you would normally expect.

(Edit: this is in response to burstlam's post #3049).

Can you install this APK?

I've tried both versions (signed and unsigned)...both fail on install.

Whats the magic?

Guest lordofangels
Can you install this APK?

I've tried both versions (signed and unsigned)...both fail on install.

Whats the magic?

you need the flashable zip version, flash with clockwork

Guest Tonaco

Hi, I'm at CyanogenMod for Blade - 7 Nightly 68, its fine, superb.

I have a problem with I dough as to do MOD, I can not move app to SD end eith the error "Failed to move application. There is not enough storage left". I don't know how the move of application work. I have 3gb free in the SD Card and 82Mb at the phone.

Can anyone help, what can I do to resolve this issue?

Guest Vasily Mulukov

A wifi question:

is the famous wifi not working while phone sleeping problem has been fixed? I remember seeing somewhere what this problem has been fixed in CM.

I am running Nightly 64, GEN2 by TPT phone.

When the phone is sleeping, Skype seems to stop working (no sound or LED notifications for new messages)

Wifi seems to be connected though, according to indicator in status bar, however if immediately after sleeping I try to use it (run browser), it is not connected

Guest tomasvilda
Sorry if I missed the post but how come we have lost the sensors in N68?

Read before posting at least last page of the thread you are posting!

Guest cjp666
Read before posting at least last page of the thread you are posting!

I have read the last page and I can't see where it says why we have lost the sensors. OK there is something on the previous page but I don't understand how the sensors where lost.

Please point me to the name of the person on this page that has stated why the sensors have gone

Edited by cjp666