[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest iNoobz2Droid
Don't install N68 and N69. Those have the old sensor lib removed and the new one NOT YET added.

Wait for N70!

just put the sensor lib from n67 into the zip of n69 as suggested

works great

Guest vortexPC

Hi, ive got the following problem.

Ive search and try to follow some guide lines with no luck. Here goes.

Until today i got N60, ive charged one time with kuck, when i try to charge yesterday it wont pass 20%.

what ive done:

- wipe batt stats

I then start the recalibration and it wont charge.

Today ive install N67, with wipe batt stats, its still charging and it wont pass 74%.

Any help...

Thx in advance.

Guest The Soup Thief
Today ive install N67, with wipe batt stats, its still charging and it wont pass 74%.

I'm no expert in battery stats but have found myself that soon after wiping them (if your battery's not fully charged at the time of wiping) the stats can often go a bit kooky, so it may register as only partially charged when it's fully charged or somesuch

What I found was that after a few charge, discharge cycles, things began to settle down, presumably once the phone built up a history of datapoints relating to charging and discharging behaviour

In other words, you may find that the current 74% of charge your phone reports actually relates to full charge, and that next charge it may go as high as 80% and so on

Or you may not - as I say, I'm only trying to post-rationalise what I've seen myself. I've kinda given up on wiping my stats tbh - when I did it the last few times I tried only to do it when the phone was coming off a good long charge (ie overnight)

Guest ColdEmbrace
I'm no expert in battery stats but have found myself that soon after wiping them (if your battery's not fully charged at the time of wiping) the stats can often go a bit kooky, so it may register as only partially charged when it's fully charged or somesuch

What I found was that after a few charge, discharge cycles, things began to settle down, presumably once the phone built up a history of datapoints relating to charging and discharging behaviour

In other words, you may find that the current 74% of charge your phone reports actually relates to full charge, and that next charge it may go as high as 80% and so on

Or you may not - as I say, I'm only trying to post-rationalise what I've seen myself. I've kinda given up on wiping my stats tbh - when I did it the last few times I tried only to do it when the phone was coming off a good long charge (ie overnight)

I use an app for mine which will only let you wipe the stats when the battery is fully charged

Guest Len Ash

Just "tested" the Nav aspects in Car Home mode... (N67 cut down) for real journey of about 30 mins. Fine.

No reboot, suggesting the "GPS" random reboots caused by misreported battery temps is solved, there or thereabouts.

However, once the Nav aspect was closed, the GPS icon in the status bar "stuck", suggesting that GPS is still active. Turning GPS off did not remove the icon, only a reboot. Implications unknown.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest vortexPC
I use an app for mine which will only let you wipe the stats when the battery is fully charged

Im using battery calibration from market... will report soon

Its now on 80%

edit: after 30m it got up to 100%, using the app click on calibration and exit. Add an email account on k9 and it drops to 96%

should i use the guide to recalibrate the batt?

Edited by vortexPC

Guest sej7278
I can't say if this bug is CM7 specific or not, but I think it might be.

Sometimes when I open any of the three angry birds games or ninja kaka, objects are not shown on the screen.

i'd say angry birds not working is a feature, not a bug :unsure:

Just "tested" the Nav aspects in Car Home mode... (N67 cut down) for real journey of about 30 mins. Fine.

[...]

However, once the Nav aspect was closed, the GPS icon in the status bar "stuck", suggesting that GPS is still active. Turning GPS off did not remove the icon, only a reboot. Implications unknown.

Same here with N67, but I think I had this issue with N64 as well!

Guest Grain
No reboot, suggesting the "GPS" random reboots caused by misreported battery temps is solved, there or thereabouts.

Aren't GPS-related reboots and battery temperature sensor misreadings causing shutdowns two different issues?

I believe GPS reboots are fixed while battery temperature shutdowns still occur very rarely (I've seen at least one here).

Guest manji

The problem is that when the phone is "sleeping" the battery temperature readings go way up, although not in reality. You can check it in the Battery Information tab in SpareParts.

Edited by manji

Guest Len Ash
Aren't GPS-related reboots and battery temperature sensor misreadings causing shutdowns two different issues?

I believe GPS reboots are fixed while battery temperature shutdowns still occur very rarely (I've seen at least one here).

GPS still reboots very occasionally, when exiting Maps.

Guest !Amo!

anybody have problem with the following thing:

After an outgoing call nobody can reach me. Everybody said tha I am busy...

But I can feel the vibrate on my phone when I have an incoming call but nothing on the screen like some problem with the dialer

i am on n68

thx!

Guest tdroza

I noticed today that when there are multiple notifications, I can pull down the notification window and instead of clearing them all with the "Clear" button, I can also clear individual rows by sliding them from left to right. Is this new, or am I just slow in noticing it? Anyone know whether it's a stock Gingerbread or a CM7 specific addition?

Either way, it's a nice feature!

Guest Krinyo
Is this new, or am I just slow in noticing it? Anyone know whether it's a stock Gingerbread or a CM7 specific addition?

Sloooow... :unsure:

Guest CaptainSpectacular

I would ask a little question.

As we know, the wifi lock is little broken on the Blade. On CM7, if I set the wifi sleep policy on "When Screen Off", the wifi turn off after a while but doesn't return again when I switch screen On. I must go to Wifi settings and switch wifi Off/On again...

So I turn wifi On and Off manually for now.

Some of you use some apps for this prob like I see on this thread. Can you tell me the name of these ? I simply want to put the wifi off when screen is Off then On when screen turn On.

Thanks a lot.

Some of you use some apps for this prob like I see on this thread. Can you tell me the name of these ? I simply want to put the wifi off when screen is Off then On when screen turn On.

Thanks a lot.

The app is Blade Wifi Fix, but I think it doesn't solve the issue on CM7...

Didn't try it myself, though.

Guest ColdEmbrace
The app is Blade Wifi Fix, but I think it doesn't solve the issue on CM7...

Didn't try it myself, though.

Pressuming the guy you quoted wants what he asks for that is just how blade wifi fix works

Guest Superfuzz

Are there any other implications -except non working Voip- by using an old libaudio.so to fix the hissing bug?

Edited by Superfuzz

Guest pasanowitz

Hey guys!

I have some troubles with cm7 installation. My blade is gen1 and i use JJRLS9 and i would love to try the cyanogenmod. Here is the puzzle, I had clockworkmod 2.5.x.x on my phone, i tried to update it with rom manager and now it says i have 3.0.2.7 clockworkmod. It doesnt let me boot into recovery.. Is the a solution? do i need to fastboot the clockworkmod manually? I tried that and it just says "cannot load"

my commandline was/is

fastboot-windows flash recovery path/to/recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.4-blade.img

is there something wrong? And does my JJRLS9 work when i change my phone form gen1 to gen2?

thanks alot!

ps. If i update to gen2 will i brick phone because of the JJLRS9? Meaning doest japanese jellyfish run wit gen2 partition?

Edited by pasanowitz

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Thanks to you guys. I don't know why I don't try Blade Wifi Fix before asking question 1000 times asked. :unsure:

Thanks.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest Superfuzz
Hey guys!

I have some troubles with cm7 installation. My blade is gen1 and i use JJRLS9 and i would love to try the cyanogenmod. Here is the puzzle, I had clockworkmod 2.5.x.x on my phone, i tried to update it with rom manager and now it says i have 3.0.2.7 clockworkmod. It doesnt let me boot into recovery.. Is the a solution? do i need to fastboot the clockworkmod manually? I tried that and it just says "cannot load"

my commandline was/is

fastboot-windows flash recovery path/to/recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.4-blade.img

is there something wrong? And does my JJRLS9 work when i change my phone form gen1 to gen2?

thanks alot!

3.0.2.7 is Gen2 only. You should install version 3.0.1.4. Don't use rom manager as it updates automatically or smthn, just use the giude here at modaco.

There is a JJ respin that works on Gen2 phones, and ofc Swedish Spring which works "out of the box".

Edited by Superfuzz

Guest sej7278
Are there any other implications -except non working Voip- by using an old libaudio.so to fix the hissing bug?

if you use the patch from comment #19 on issue 3608 then that's what the now-merged libaudio.so is anyway (may already be in n69) which fixes the hiss and i assume also includes the voip fix.

using the n36 libaudio.so (comment #26) also stops the hiss but voip doesn't work as you say.

if you use neither of these (any build between about n37 and n68) then you'll have working voip but speaker hiss.

i don't think there are any other implications (it appears not to be the cause of battery drain) i've certainly used all 3 libs on nightly 63-67.

Guest Superfuzz
if you use the patch from comment #19 on issue 3608 then that's what the now-merged libaudio.so is anyway (may already be in n69) which fixes the hiss and i assume also includes the voip fix.

Didn't know that, thanks. I'm running N67 so I guess it's faster to replace libaudio than flashing N69 and inserting the sensor lib.

If the hissing doesn't cause the battery drains what does then? Because whenever I noticed drains on idle the hiss was also there.

Guest Grain
i don't think there are any other implications (it appears not to be the cause of battery drain) i've certainly used all 3 libs on nightly 63-67.

I've tested the new libaudio for two days now and paid close attention to battery drain with the broken SIP fix before.

The new libaudio (that will be in N70 and up) does fix (some) battery drain. Of course, there might be other battery drain problems in CM7 left.

The Blade, when sleeping, consumes about 10mA power.

With the hissing bug (i.e., broken libaudio, and after a call), it drains about 20mA more power, so battery drain is three times as high.

If you want, I have screenshots of battery history documenting that. I guess it's also safe to assume that the audio amplifying circuit constantly powered on does indeed consume battery :unsure: .

It's interesting many people here recommend CM as a daily ROM with no battery drain. I assume they are used to one day battery life only (due to gaming, wifi, or whatever). Or they don't use the phone as a phone - the bug will trigger after a call only.