[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278
Didn't know that, thanks. I'm running N67 so I guess it's faster to replace libaudio than flashing N69 and inserting the sensor lib.

If the hissing doesn't cause the battery drains what does then? Because whenever I noticed drains on idle the hiss was also there.

that's what i'm doing - n67+libaudio, i'd rather wait for the new sensors stuff than try to roll in the old sensors into n68/69

as far as battery drain goes, god knows, i think its something to do with dialler as when i make a call it seems to eat 15% of my battery in 4 hours then levels off to the normal 1% per hour of standby (thats with new libaudio) but that could just be the battery/sensors calibrating itself.

my network type is HSDPA, i have data turned off on the phone (and my account). some people have said 3g causes drain but i assume they mean data not phonecalls.

i think grain is right - people who don't have the issue aren't making phonecalls.

Edited by sej7278

Guest pasanowitz
3.0.2.7 is Gen2 only. You should install version 3.0.1.4. Don't use rom manager as it updates automatically or smthn, just use the giude here at modaco.

There is a JJ respin that works on Gen2 phones, and ofc Swedish Spring which works "out of the box".

Actually with internet connection you can find an alternative version og clockworkmod in rom manager. there is an option to flash older version of clockworkmod. Thanks anyway!

:unsure:

Guest targetbsp
The new libaudio (that will be in N70 and up) does fix (some) battery drain.

It's already in 69 according to the changelog... :unsure:

Edited by targetbsp

Guest _amano

Please report back your findings here.

Do all sensors work? (Accellerometer more responsive, proximity and light sensor without a regression)

Edited by _amano

Guest k0zmic
I would ask a little question.

As we know, the wifi lock is little broken on the Blade. On CM7, if I set the wifi sleep policy on "When Screen Off", the wifi turn off after a while but doesn't return again when I switch screen On. I must go to Wifi settings and switch wifi Off/On again...

So I turn wifi On and Off manually for now.

Some of you use some apps for this prob like I see on this thread. Can you tell me the name of these ? I simply want to put the wifi off when screen is Off then On when screen turn On.

Thanks a lot.

Green Power from the Market.

Guest sej7278

Some of you use some apps for this prob like I see on this thread. Can you tell me the name of these ? I simply want to put the wifi off when screen is Off then On when screen turn On.

notification power in: settings->cyanogenmod settings->interface->notification power widget->widget buttons

or you could use the default android power control widget - why use another app when its already built into the os?

notification power in: settings->cyanogenmod settings->interface->notification power widget->widget buttons

or you could use the default android power control widget - why use another app when its already built into the os?

Mmm I think the aim here is to automate this...

Such a tool exists for 3G (Toggle2G/3G on xda), but I'm not aware of any similar app for wifi...

Edit: yes now that k0zmic mentioned it I seem to remember that this green thing might indeed do the trick...

Edited by Guest

Guest Celtic67

I've been trying all afternoon to update libaudio.so in N67 with no success. I've tried using an update-script and updater-script in the zip file but only get Installation Aborted with no extra information. I've tried using other people's scripts so I don't touch them with an editor that might screw the formatting, but still no joy. Is there any way I can do this without flashing the whole lot again?

Guest Superfuzz
I've been trying all afternoon to update libaudio.so in N67 with no success. I've tried using an update-script and updater-script in the zip file but only get Installation Aborted with no extra information. I've tried using other people's scripts so I don't touch them with an editor that might screw the formatting, but still no joy. Is there any way I can do this without flashing the whole lot again?

Just use Root Explorer or some other app that can mount system as R/W and paste it at system/libs.

Guest simonckenyon

i open the n69 zip and dragged the library from n64 into the correct place and then downloaded it to the phone.

running it now.

Guest Jean85
CM Settings -> Display -> Auto Backlight -> edit other levels

Make them look like this: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=71188

Oh and set buttons to 255 on the top couple and 0 on the rest. That will turn on the keypad backlight when it's dark

I set up those settings, they are great! :unsure: I live in a sunny place, so I had some hard times with the previous ones... Maybe you should submit this to the issue tracker... http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/list

Guest sej7278

on my linux box (not the phone itself) i just did the following, assuming you have the libaudio.so in the current directory:

adb start-server

adb remount

adb push libaudio.so /system/lib/

adb shell chmod 644 /system/lib/libaudio.so

adb reboot

Guest _amano
I have uploaded the latest merged changes and also including the libsensor(http://r.cyanogenmod.com/5204) which is not merged yet.In other words, it is the next nightly(if the libsensor gets merged). Feel free to try it but DO NOT REPORT BUGS IN THE BUG TRACKER!

http://www.multiupload.com/7OOTFAV4T3

And?

Does it work?

Is the accellerometer fixed?

Any regressions.

It's great that you compiled a N70 build...

All people should try this build instead of moving around the libaudio.so

Edited by _amano

Guest Celtic67
Just use Root Explorer or some other app that can mount system as R/W and paste it at system/libs.

Thanks for that & other replies. The MD5 is OK, but after swapping the file and rebooting I'm stuck on the Android loading screen. Looks like I'm going to have to edit the CM7 and reinstall.

Guest Amphoras
I can't say if this bug is CM7 specific or not, but I think it might be.

Sometimes when I open any of the three angry birds games or ninja kaka, objects are not shown on the screen. For example on the screen in angry birds where you choose a level, the square for each level shows, but the icon/text in it doesn't show. When playing AB, sometimes all the wood/stone/glass pieces are invisible and you just see pigs floating in the air on top of imaginary objects. In ninja kaka, someitmes nothing appears except the trail of my finger. These are the same games that did not work because of the old bug with putting apps on the SD card. currently, both of these games are running with their application folder on sd-ext (with S2E). the same bug happened when I did not use apps2sd and they were on the SD card via androids built in apps2sd. its been happening since at least 7.0.2.

I get this occasionally with Angry Birds. It usually seems to happen when theres too many things running at once (happens with the spb shell thing running, or when I was checking saves and had all 3 Angry Birds on at once). If I close the other things and try again, it all works fine.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
And?

Does it work?

Is the accellerometer fixed?

Any regressions.

It's great that you compiled a N70 build...

All people should try this build instead of moving around the libaudio.so

Just tested. Installed all my apps and put my settings back. After 20 minutes I've tested a game (3D race something with space ships...) and accellerometer don't lag at all. Don't know if I've wait enough before testing anyway...

But, the bad point, the hissing bug (or white noise coming out of the speaker) is back in that build. Can't stop it, closing all apps, etc... Don't know if it'll back in N70 too or not...

So here's my little 2cts. Waiting for N70 with interest. :unsure:.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest wbaw
I would ask a little question.

As we know, the wifi lock is little broken on the Blade. On CM7, if I set the wifi sleep policy on "When Screen Off", the wifi turn off after a while but doesn't return again when I switch screen On. I must go to Wifi settings and switch wifi Off/On again...

Thanks a lot.

Set the wifi sleep policy to never & it should work as you want it to, the wifi goes off when screen goes off & reconnects when you turn it on.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Set the wifi sleep policy to never & it should work as you want it to, the wifi goes off when screen goes off & reconnects when you turn it on.

Thanks for the tip. I found "wifi timeout" anyway, working fine, but I'll give a try to your advice. The wifi icon don't go away with the "never" setting ?

Thanks again. :unsure: