[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Plxply
I hear Phoenix silver will be shortly...

Phoenix Silver is a highly respected and modest member of the community, he would never be involved in such childish behaviour!

Guest The Soup Thief
Phoenix Silver is a highly respected and modest member of the community, he would never be involved in such childish behaviour!

(he's actually a she, though you're right on the other counts)

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Please, Mushroom_Lord! A little decorum if you don't mind!

I am 14, and haven't a clue what that means :unsure: But assume something along the lines of keep it to yourself!

nothing like a bit of innuendo...

Guest The Soup Thief
I am 14, and haven't a clue what that means :unsure: But assume something along the lines of keep it to yourself!

in 14 y.o. speak, it means "be nice", "mind your manners", "watch your lip" or equivalent

Guest hugobosslives
I am 14, and haven't a clue what that means :) But assume something along the lines of keep it to yourself!

well most people will not get the significance of your Phoenix silver comment. so will just think you are being crude for the hell of it..... haha :P

back to topic.... anyone else noticed in the past couple of nightlies. they can overclock more? I used to be stuck on 710. and it would reboot within 10 mins with anything higher. been steadily increasing it one notch every half day. and seeing if it's stable. currently been on 768 for the past few hours. no reboots :unsure: even when playing rugby nations and hawx (so moderate CPU intensive games)

don't ask me to explain why tho...... ;)

I heard/read that there were some issues with GPS and rebooting but is not in the issue tracker.

Running one the latest nightlies (N68 I think) and when I try to use the GPS the phone sometimes just reboots. Was this marked as fixed? I can't seem to find it!

Guest jeddy1
well most people will not get the significance of your Phoenix silver comment. so will just think you are being crude for the hell of it..... haha :)

back to topic.... anyone else noticed in the past couple of nightlies. they can overclock more? I used to be stuck on 710. and it would reboot within 10 mins with anything higher. been steadily increasing it one notch every half day. and seeing if it's stable. currently been on 768 for the past few hours. no reboots :unsure: even when playing rugby nations and hawx (so moderate CPU intensive games)

don't ask me to explain why tho...... :P

which nightlies ?

Guest shad0wboss

sill waiting for accelerometer to be fixed :unsure: :) :P ;) :o

btw, on early 6x nightlies, there was a hiss sound in the speaker which was also one of the MANY cause of battery drain so can someone confirm this if that has been fixed? "libaudio" is the one i suppose...

Guest Tsip4
Just tested. Installed all my apps and put my settings back. After 20 minutes I've tested a game (3D race something with space ships...) and accellerometer don't lag at all. Don't know if I've wait enough before testing anyway...

But, the bad point, the hissing bug (or white noise coming out of the speaker) is back in that build. Can't stop it, closing all apps, etc... Don't know if it'll back in N70 too or not...

So here's my little 2cts. Waiting for N70 with interest. :unsure:.

Cant be there. I have compiled after the new libaudio have been merged.

Guest sej7278
Cant be there. I have compiled after the new libaudio have been merged.

in device/zte/blade/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp have you got this git message - the new libaudio that fixes (for me anyway) the hiss:

commit f0d83f3ba20f23f46b3917e71250680886381e2d

Author: Tom Giordano <tomgiord.....com>

Date:   Mon May 9 00:02:29 2011 +1000

blade: update libaudio

Fix issue 3608.

Change-Id: I982716b4a0d16f9f1e7a9f668af6cc780fdf5310
or this one - the old on that fixed voip but added speaker hiss:
commit 9d075d8444664f331ea8a496a9c0e81009632dfc

Author: Tom Giordano <tomgiord.......com>

Date:   Fri Apr 15 00:32:04 2011 +1000

blade: update libaudio

Fix audio routing to earpiece in SIP calls.

as the new check-in should fix speaker hiss, whether that made it into your build or N69 is the question

Edited by sej7278

Guest San-A

I've been running N67 for the last day and I have to say it's by far the best CM7 build I've tried.

After I TPTed my OSF to Gen2, I was disappointed at the awful battery drain. Even a couple of days after a bettery stats wipe, I couldn't get the phone to last more than a day with a moderate use, whereas battery life used to be days before, the battery losing nearly 3-4% per hour, with Dialler mostly present in battery stats.

I used to charge it completely before I went to sleep, I didn't want because of the charging bug that would have disabled the alarm clock I set. Btw, this bug has never appeared again in recent nightlies - except a USB chargin only reboot in some build.

Last night I installed N67 - didn't want N68 because of the missing sensor lib and didn't want to mess with install zip, with a Dalvik wipe cache only. I charged the phone over night, setting another alarm clock to be safe in case of charging bug. I've been using the phone quite intensively (45 min calls, some texts, 2h wifi with a couple of mails, screen on for 60 min, 10 min Maps with GPS), and I've still got 61% of my battery.

Everything is just fine, the Dialler have been on for 5 minutes only, and the battery drain seems pretty much fixed. Maybe the new libaudio that fixes the hissing bug will improve battery life even more. Only issue so far: a reboot after a GMaps closing, no repro so far with 10 min GMaps use.

I can't wait for N70!

Guest hugobosslives
which nightlies ?

well my previous and current nightly so n61 and n69. probs sum other reason behind it tho.....

Guest hedgepigdaniel

"After about 24 hours I have no accelerometer slowdown :unsure:": HDCR.Jacob on gerrit. So the new sensor lib should fix accelerometer lag. TomG posted a comment about a problem with the magnetic field (didn't know the blade had a magnetic field sensor...) and said he was trying to calibrate it. So maybe thats what we are waiting on?

Guest wbaw
"After about 24 hours I have no accelerometer slowdown :unsure:": HDCR.Jacob on gerrit. So the new sensor lib should fix accelerometer lag. TomG posted a comment about a problem with the magnetic field (didn't know the blade had a magnetic field sensor...) and said he was trying to calibrate it. So maybe thats what we are waiting on?

I think he means the compass. Strange that they removed the old lib before the new one is ready.

Edited by wbaw

Guest pellonet

the blade must have a magnetometer as there is a metal detector app that uses it & Elixir lets you turn it on & shows it detecting.

Guest _amano

It was removed from the proprietary zte parts. You cannot see that on gerrit code review but here instead: https://github.com/HCDRJacob/proprietary_ve.../commits/master

The commit was done by Tom Giordano two days ago...

I can confirm that the build offered by Tsip4 yesterday might have fixed the accelerometer lag, but breaks the hissing audio fix again. Didn't do a full wipe though (just Dalvik).

Edited by _amano

Guest sej7278

new sensor libs still not merged: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,5204 so not really safe to use anything after n67.

but n70 will definitely have the new libaudio.so - can anyone confirm the hiss is gone, it certainly was for me when i added the same patch to n67 (also check that the loudspeaker doesn't mute the microphone).

Guest tukkis

about N70

I don't know about sensors, but I can make phone calls now!! :unsure: :) With N61 screen turned off totally and I had to remove battery to end the call.

When GPS fix is acquired, it reboots.

Guest targetbsp
I can confirm that the build offered by Tsip4 yesterday might have fixed the accelerometer lag, but breaks the hissing audio fix again. Didn't do a full wipe though (just Dalvik).

It also uses a serious amount of battery in standby! 40% overnight. The dialler apparently spent 4 and a half hours using 'sensors'. I don't know if this is what you were all seeing before with the battery drain suspected to be linked to the audio hiss or not? This is my first gen 2 version.

It doesn't show as a partial wake, But androids own battery usage show the phone was awake for a period of time that more or less matches 4 and a half hours.

Edited by targetbsp