[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest targetbsp

It also uses a serious amount of battery in standby! 40% overnight. The dialler apparently spent 4 and a half hours using 'sensors'. I don't know if this is what you were all seeing before with the battery drain suspected to be linked to the audio hiss or not? This is my first gen 2 version.

It doesn't show as a partial wake, But androids own battery usage show the phone was awake for a period of time that more or less matches 4 and a half hours.

I replaced the libaudio from tsip4's build with the comment 19 patch and my battery usage now seems OK (and I did make a call at the beginning of the idle period to trigger the dialler. :unsure: ) Whether the libaudio fixed it or it's co-incidence, I don't know.

The one difference I can see in spare parts though, is that whilst the dialler used 5 hours of sensors (and like I say, didn't seem to hurt the battery) - Android System didn't use much sensor time. During the overnight drain, it matched the diallers usage of 4 hours.

Guest JolyonS
Before I report this as a bug, please can someone have a look at the logcat attached to see if they can see why the camera app is crashing when I try to take a picture? It seems that others aren't experiencing it, but I am even after a wipe.

Looks like it is being killed as unresponsive by ActivityManager.

What else is running on the phone? Do you get the same problem if you kill off all other unnecessary processes before launching the camera application?

Guest Fou-lu
CM7 is gonna be so awesome!

Indeed, only issues left are sensors and maybe hissing bug? otherwise everything else is perfect, battery life, 95% fully stable, big thanks to jacob + TomG.

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest dadashi

I wouldn't say "no more bugs", it has quite a few...particularly the USB charging reboot, camera software and the accelorometer...

having said that though, I went back to 2.2 SS just for the heck of it and it was horrible....I'm back on CM again

If any of the Devs could get "Flashlite" flash plug-in working on the CM (like it does in 2.1 eclair) that would be the real deal... its a crying shame being able to watch iplayer on my 4 year old nokia N95 but my new SF android can't (it works with flashlite in 2.1 eclair)

Edited by dadashi

Guest hugobosslives
CM7 is gonna be so awesome!

ahem. please correct your comment.

cm7 is awesome.

and it will become more awesome

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest Fou-lu
I wouldn't say "no more bugs", it has quite a few...particularly the USB charging reboot, camera software and the accelorometer... can't (it works with flashlite in 2.1 eclair)

charging reboot fixed a couple nightlys ago.

stock camera works fine for me?

sensors(accelormeter) only problem left :unsure:

Guest fonix232
I wouldn't say "no more bugs", it has quite a few...particularly the USB charging reboot, camera software and the accelorometer...

having said that though, I went back to 2.2 SS just for the heck of it and it was horrible....I'm back on CM again

If any of the Devs could get "Flashlite" flash plug-in working on the CM (like it does in 2.1 eclair) that would be the real deal... its a crying shame being able to watch iplayer on my 4 year old nokia N95 but my new SF android can't (it works with flashlite in 2.1 eclair)

Accelerometer fix is supplied already, waiting for merge... USB charging was fixed long ago with the GPS bug (last one with Gen2), and I see no problem with the camera software.

Flash Lite will not work on 2.3 until ported from a 2.3 Sense ROM. What is hard.

If you're really so tied to iPlayer, then use your N95. Flash is dead, it's just Adobe who'se trying to zombify it...

Guest targetbsp

Charging bug is fixed though in recent versions? I don't know what problem there is with camera software - mine works. Accelerometer is fixed - we're just waiting for the nightly with it in. So if those are your bugs then the statement 'no more bugs' is in fact accurate.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Len Ash
charging reboot fixed a couple nightlys ago.

stock camera works fine for me?

sensors(accelormeter) only problem left :unsure:

Not quite.... audio, WiFi, autobrightness, Nav reboots, FM Radio.... and a fair few others to go yet.

Guest Fou-lu
Not quite.... audio, WiFi, autobrightness, Nav reboots, FM Radio.... and a fair few others to go yet.

wifi is a problem in all roms? since 2.1-2.2, isn't there many topics about it since the beginning of rom development?, not being CM specific then.

It is better than Any 2.2 once the patch is merged, all the important killer bug's are gone.

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest AdwiL

@up

I can agree with WiFi (doesn't reconnect after long sleep), FM Radio and Nav Reboots (Still here, even after full wipe and N70), but what's with autobrightness and audio?

Recently I've encountered another bug. Sometimes while I'm talking to someone microphone starts to react with speaker. Everything becomes slightly louder and I can hear everything in the call speaker. Anyone encountered this before? Really annoying because it likes to repair itself and break itself several times during call. Also when it's broken, speaking on handsfree is impossible. I can hear what someone is talking about but on the other side people hear only squeaking noise.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Huh? Audio's good...WiFi is as good as any other Blade ROM, Auto brightness is still meh, but broke last time it was fixed and FM radio...true. Perhaps when we get the new Kernel, maybe we'll have something.

Guest tcpaulh

Pictures come out underexposed for me. There's a bug raised for it.

Mandatory edit: CM7 is awesome etc

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest dadashi

I'm using 7.0.2 stable and the usb charging reboot is not fixed, the accelerometer bug causes small GPS location problems and camera doesn't support VGA viedorecording....

And as for "flashlite" falsh plugin, 99% live streaming content is using flash (i.e. iplayer, catchup, etc...)...who said flash is on its way out...?!

Guest Len Ash
Huh? Audio's good...WiFi is as good as any other Blade ROM, Auto brightness is still meh, but broke last time it was fixed and FM radio...true. Perhaps when we get the new Kernel, maybe we'll have something.

ROM is still in development. And has a lot of promise, which is a Good Thing. WiFi on most 2.2s is 90% good, this is less by a long chalk. I have done many remixes of 2.2 ROMs with various routers and atheros modules, I do have some idea what good WiFi reconnect looks like, and this ain't it.

viz: I have 3 phones at the mo - one SS5, one FLB 11b, one CM7 67 - all Gen 2, only CM7 kicks WiFi off after a few minutes. Others will go days, usually. Billion router in the present case.

It's getting there... original poster claimed that accelerometer was only outstanding issue. Hardly.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Fou-lu
I'm using 7.0.2 stable and the usb charging reboot is not fixed, the accelerometer bug causes small GPS location problems and camera doesn't support VGA viedorecording....

And as for "flashlite" falsh plugin, 99% live streaming content is using flash (i.e. iplayer, catchup, etc...)...who said flash is on its way out...?!

please only report bugs on N67+, it has the new 2.3.4 , which fixes all the annoyances on Stable, better battery life too.

Guest targetbsp

Flash is on its way out though. It will be replaced by HTML 5.

As several people have said, USB charging is fixed in newer versions and the accelerometer is already fixed and pending merging. You can't really complain about problems when you're using a version that pre-dates them being fixed. Well... clearly you can. But it's kinda pointless. :unsure:

Guest Fou-lu
ROM is still in development. And has a lot of promise, which is a Good Thing. WiFi on most 2.2s is 90% good, this is less by a long chalk. I have done many remixes of 2.2 ROMs with various routers and atheros modules, I do have some idea what good WiFi reconnect looks like, and this ain't it.

viz: I have 3 phones at the mo - one SS5, one FLB 11b, one CM7 67 - all Gen 2, only CM7 kicks WiFi off after a few minutes. Others will go days, usually. Billion router in the present case.

It's getting there... original poster claimed that accelerometer was only outstanding issue. Hardly.

Why ain't the majority of CM flashers complaining about this wifi problem?

secondly, outstanding should stand for the bugs that are seriously affecting everybody, and as the last few pages are all about sensors + accelerometer issues (which should be fixed in patches) in would be reason to believe thats the last major bug for now? the little quirks left shouldn't be so stressed out.

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest Len Ash

Too busy using phone as DSi/PSP

It's in the bug tracker..... the WiFi module is weird - 10x larger than 2.2 versions....

If the more experienced users on here are going to help others to decide whether to flash a version of this or not, it is only fair and responsible to give the full picture of what to expect, warts and all.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest targetbsp

I think I've got the most posts of anyone on the wifi issue on the bug tracker (9 :unsure:) so it's fair to say I've encountered the problem but here's why I'm not complaining:

1) I used the Orange rom for months - which was worse than this

2) it's not that hard to reconnect the wifi manually from a widget

3) I have a workaround that gets the wifi to reconnect literally 100% of the time - even though I have a Netgear router. I couldn't manage that even in Froyo - even using a similar method.

I've mentioned this before but some is bound to ask so here's how to do it. Change the wifi sleep policy to never. Set tasker to switch the wifi on and off with the screen.

Though I don't myself use it, I'm also in the camp of considering accelerometer the last serious long term issue. Aside from recent speaker/sensor/battery issues which should hopefully be sorted soon, if not when the next build brings everything together, everything else outstanding looks more like niggling issues to me.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Fou-lu
Too busy using phone as DSi/PSP

It's in the bug tracker..... the WiFi module is weird - 10x larger than 2.2 versions....

True lol

don't have wifi so can't comment on it :unsure: