[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest sej7278
compile n71 myself include the lastest lib patch.

but the screen could not rotate.

it might be worth raising a bug report - although not sure how we do that for a nightly, maybe contact the "slide keyboard" patch author, someone has to be told this is breaking blades as it may be breaking other kit too.

Not just sending. But there's a know issue about MMS and data turned off: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2289

Noticed that already, but is not my issue.

With data on: I can send a MMS, but I can't received. In LogCat appears

E/RetrieveTransaction( 1235): java.lang.RuntimeException: Value length > LENGTH_QUOTE!

Edited by ups

Guest Jean85
Noticed that already, but is not my issue.

With data on: I can send a MMS, but I can't received. In LogCat appears

E/RetrieveTransaction( 1235): java.lang.RuntimeException: Value length > LENGTH_QUOTE!

Nope, never had this issue. What version are you using? Are you using the stock message app or a custom one? I use Handcent... Submit an issue to the bugtracker if you want

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Aright guys, Tom knows about the issue with the rotation now. Might see a patch or fix soonish.

Guest sej7278
Aright guys, Tom knows about the issue with the rotation now. Might see a patch or fix soonish.

well the discussion on gerrit is not looking good - apparently the change has been merged upstream to google aosp, so i doubt we'll get a revert - probably will need a specific fix for blades.

i wonder if this is because the blade has it screen mounted upside down (why screenshots don't work properly on blades)?

its a shame we didn't get a nightly with the libaudio and sensors fixes before this one, as it means we're still stuck on n67 for a usable build.

Guest cartoone

Just installed N67 after making my Gen1 to Gen2

But the "android market" place is not present.

Is there a way to manually install Android Market app? Is this present in this ROM default or did i miss someting while installing?

Guest Fou-lu

Is there a way to manually install Android Market app? Is this present in this ROM default or did i miss someting while installing?

EDIT: cjp beat me to it.

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest Drem

Right, a little bit more detail on the sideways bug...

It's only in some places. The main screen and the apps screen are affected, the dialer isn't, its portrait. Odly some apps get really confused by it, for example IRSSI connect, in which the screen is portrait, but the on screen commands go off the screen as if they are landscape...

Guest jeddy1

if u already installed gapps then just connect ur phone to internet and it will show it.if not then sign into ur google account and it will show it.

Thanks for your quick reply mate..

But its showing me an Error (A Yellow Triangle)

Via Clockwork it shows tahat "E:signature verification failed" while installing the file..

EDIT : bec he gave u the old gapps ! download the new gapps from rom manager...!

Edited by jeddy1

Nope, never had this issue. What version are you using? Are you using the stock message app or a custom one? I use Handcent... Submit an issue to the bugtracker if you want

N67 and using stock message app.

Wondering if this affected someone else or if it is specific to my device.

Guest targetbsp
Thanks for your quick reply mate..

But its showing me an Error (A Yellow Triangle)

Via Clockwork it shows tahat "E:signature verification failed" while installing the file..

You need to hit 'toggle signature verification' in clockwork. It's on the same screen where you choose to flash a zip from sd card IIRC.

N67 and using stock message app.

Wondering if this affected someone else or if it is specific to my device.

Hi,

Just a word to not let you in doubt :unsure:

I just tested mms in and out of my blade, running the the stock message app on my N67 rom, and both were ok.

Maybe some setting went corrupt, did you try wiping and/or re-flashing the rom?

Edit: was the message you tried to receive sent by an iCrap, by any chance? I googled you error and fell across this post: looks like Apple broke some rfc or similar rule, causing reception issues with Android devices. At least that's what I collected from skimming through this thread... But there was no final explanation, as far as I can tell, so it might be something else...

I'll ask my girlfriend to try and send me an mms with her iThing, I'll keep you posted.

Edited by Guest

Guest samjam
was getting really excited for N72, but now that rotation bug slipped in, sigh ....

Something good will come out somewhere by Wednesday somehow I'm sure.

Guest cartoone
You need to hit 'toggle signature verification' in clockwork. It's on the same screen where you choose to flash a zip from sd card IIRC.

Great.. now worked perfectly !!

Special thanks to @targetbsp and @cjp666

Guest fonix232
Someone already made a comment in the patch's page - http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,5195

Although it could be worth it notifying HCDRJacob or Tom via twitter?

I was the one (Jozsef Kiraly, my name actually, roughly translates to Joseph King :unsure:) who posted it, and yes this is what causes the problem, and if I'm right, other devices are affected as well.