[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest champrock

i installed nightly69 recently. Earlier I was on FLB.

I am facing the battery drain issue. Something is keeping the phone from going in sleep more. I tried two nights.

1. First night: Battery dropped from 70% to 30%

2. Second Night: Battery dropped from 50% to 11%.

Can you please tell me how can I troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks

Guest hedgepigdaniel
i installed nightly69 recently. Earlier I was on FLB.

I am facing the battery drain issue. Something is keeping the phone from going in sleep more. I tried two nights.

1. First night: Battery dropped from 70% to 30%

2. Second Night: Battery dropped from 50% to 11%.

Can you please tell me how can I troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks

1. Install the latest builds from the last few posts in this thread (sensors are broken in N69)

2. Wipe Data, if you haven't already

3. Check wakelock battery usage in spare parts to see if anything is eating your battery

Guest champrock
1. Install the latest builds from the last few posts in this thread (sensors are broken in N69)

2. Wipe Data, if you haven't already

3. Check wakelock battery usage in spare parts to see if anything is eating your battery

thanks for your prompt reply. a couple of questions:

1. In spareparts, I go to usage statistics. I can see "ADW.launcher" been launched 33times since last unplug. This is more or less the major item that stands out.

2. If I upgrade to a new version via Rom Manager, all the data like sms,contacts,apps, app+data wil be retained?

3. In settings>status>batteryuse, when I click on the graph, it is showing that the phone was "awake" and "Screenon" whole night. This is strange because during daytime the "screen" and "awake" is off and starting intermittently which is how it should be. But, at night it is constantly ON.

Guest hedgepigdaniel
thanks for your prompt reply. a couple of questions:

1. In spareparts, I go to usage statistics. I can see "ADW.launcher" been launched 33times since last unplug. This is more or less the major item that stands out.

2. If I upgrade to a new version via Rom Manager, all the data like sms,contacts,apps, app+data wil be retained?

3. In settings>status>batteryuse, when I click on the graph, it is showing that the phone was "awake" and "Screenon" whole night. This is strange because during daytime the "screen" and "awake" is off and starting intermittently which is how it should be. But, at night it is constantly ON.

1. That is probably normal - the launcher does get used all the time

2. yes, unless you wipe data

3. were you charging at night? if not, then thats why your battery is dying. have a look in spare parts to see if you can find what program is causing the problem

Guest stephen m
i got bored waiting for the slide-keyboard fix so i've also compiled my own version.

i checked out the revert on the slide-keyboard bug and recompiled, i guess you could call it nightly 71.5

new libaudio.so fixes speaker hiss and slightly helps battery life; new sensor libs (dunno how to test this as i don't play games); screen is fine - not stuck in landscape mode; no usb/gps reboot issues.

use at your own risk, seems to work ok on my oled (i did have a network error with gmail/market once, but might have been coincidence): download

md5sum: 6342c0079d939093e6931907857ae6ad update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip

nightly715.png

Is it ok to install this on a gen1 blade via converter as I read previously cm7.0.1 etc caused issues. Full wipe I take it

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Is it ok to install this on a gen1 blade via converter as I read previously cm7.0.1 etc caused issues. Full wipe I take it

It probably is but it will reintroduce old bugs. Why would you want to do that when its so easy to upgrade to Gen2?

Guest iNoobz2Droid
i got bored waiting for the slide-keyboard fix so i've also compiled my own version.

i checked out the revert on the slide-keyboard bug and recompiled, i guess you could call it nightly 71.5

new libaudio.so fixes speaker hiss and slightly helps battery life; new sensor libs (dunno how to test this as i don't play games); screen is fine - not stuck in landscape mode; no usb/gps reboot issues.

use at your own risk, seems to work ok on my oled (i did have a network error with gmail/market once, but might have been coincidence): download

md5sum: 6342c0079d939093e6931907857ae6ad update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-Blade-KANG-signed.zip

i don't know what they have done since n67 or you have done in your build but it speed up my FPSe psx emulator by at least 30%

gj

Guest AdwiL

Battery life also MUCH improved on sej7278 ROM (compared to N70). I have still 100% after 2 hours of idle and 5 minutes talking.

Guest Kthulhu

The accelerometer lag seems to be fixed is the latest N72, but how is the battery? I have not found any CM7 that last more than a day with very low usage..this is killing me! (I use N63 at the momment on G1 - installed using KK method)

Edited by Kthulhu

Guest sej7278
Battery life also MUCH improved on sej7278 ROM (compared to N70). I have still 100% after 2 hours of idle and 5 minutes talking.

glad you do mate, as mine is down the toilet!

i made one phonecall last night and dialler has been massively using the sensors for 7 hours according to spare parts and nuked 20% of my battery.

although mobile standby is using 25% battery apparently, dialler's not even listed under battery use.

oh BTW - anyone using one of these self-compiled RC0 roms, rommanager's "check for rom updates" won't report nightlies to you - i.e. n72 isn't seen as being an update to my rom although it is listed under nightlies if you go to "download rom".

Edited by sej7278

Guest tdodd
The accelerometer lag seems to be fixed is the latest N72, but how is the battery? I have not found any CM7 that last more than a day with very low usage..this is killing me! (I use N63 at the momment on G1 - installed using KK method)

I've been running N67 for a few days and, having taken the phone off the charger 1 day, 10 hours and 21 minutes ago, my phone is down to 95%.

post-157341-1305362350_thumb.jpg

I don't understand the significance of that blue bar in the history graph. That coincides with last night, when I was in bed and the phone was doing nothing, not that I've used it for much at all since removing it from the charger. I thought the blue bar signaled "wake" periods. If so then (a) it seems to have appeared at the most unlikely time during a 24 hour period; (b ) I would think the battery would have dropped by more than 5 % if the phone had been awake for that length of time. Can anyone clarify the meaning of the blue bar? Thanks.

Guest sej7278
I've been running N67 for a few days and, having taken the phone off the charger 1 day, 10 hours and 21 minutes ago, my phone is down to 95%.

but have you made/received any calls?

if i don't make any calls, my phone can stay on standby for days and use a couple of percent battery, but as soon as i use dialler it starts chomping its way through my battery until i reboot.

i'm wondering if i replace the stock dialler with something else if it will fix this sensor wake thing.

Guest tdodd

if i don't make any calls, my phone can stay on standby for days and use a couple of percent battery, but as soon as i use dialler it starts chomping its way through my battery until i reboot.

i'm wondering if i replace the stock dialler with something else if it will fix this sensor wake thing.

No calls in or out during this period, but when I have made/received calls since moving to N67 I have listened out for the hiss and heard nothing.

I'll make and receive a call now and see if it all starts to go tits up.

EDIT : I've made an outbound call from my mobile to the house phone. No problems there. When I tried calling my mobile from the house phone I saw my contact details appear but there was no audible ring. I hung up and rung a second time and this time the phone rang correctly. I've noticed recently that I keep getting a missed call indicator, followed a couple of minutes later by a phone call from the same number. It seems like the phone is not ringing audibly on the first call received following some event - a reboot perhaps, or a charging event, or an elapsed period of time, or something, but this has happened three times in the last few days - an inaudible missed call followed by an audible call which I am able to answer. Is this a new bug?

Battery is now down to 93%. Still no audible hiss from the phone. I'll keep monitoring.

EDIT again. I just noticed that the "Back" button was illuminated green, but with the phone asleep the button was unresponsive. I turned the phone on and saw the missed call indicator, which up till now I had ignored. I pulled it down from the notification bar and pressed the missed calls item - three missed calls listed. The light went out. Could this battery drain bug have something to do with the phone not ringing when it should and leaving the phone in some sort of "notification" status that is causing excessive drain?

Edited by tdodd

Guest KACE_231

works briliiantly thanks, accelerometer fixed, screen not stuck on landscape

Guest t0mm13b
I hear Phoenix silver will be shortly...

@Mushroom_Lord - if you want to participate in this forum, do so with respect and treat other community members with respect also. :P

Quite frankly, this community is about ZTE Blade! :unsure:

Not a place to gossip or "talking out of your arse" about other community members.

And also, "I am 14/15 years old blah blah " is not a valid excuse to allow yourself to basically - talk s***! :)

(BTW - Let me remind you, there's plenty of other sites outside of modaco for gossip and talking crap such as 4chan,

so feel free to take your crap and join said sites outside of modaco :o )

Grow up, change your attitude or GTFO, ;)

Guest Mushroom_Lord
@Mushroom_Lord - if you want to participate in this forum, do so with respect and treat other community members with respect also. :P

Quite frankly, this community is about ZTE Blade! :unsure:

Not a place to gossip or "talking out of your arse" about other community members.

And also, "I am 14/15 years old blah blah " is not a valid excuse to allow yourself to basically - talk s***! :)

(BTW - Let me remind you, there's plenty of other sites outside of modaco for gossip and talking crap such as 4chan,

so feel free to take your crap and join said sites outside of modaco :o )

Grow up, change your attitude or GTFO, ;)

Yes, I totally understand that my behavior was bad, and to be honest I am disappointed in myself.

I do sincerely apologize for it. And it has been a lesson for me.

Sorry for all that - I am really regretting damaging my reputation and upsetting others now.

And sorry if I go on about my age, usually it is an excuse for not understanding things but really I am perfectly capable of behaving myself and my age is no excuse.

Sorry, again.

Guest stephen m
It probably is but it will reintroduce old bugs. Why would you want to do that when its so easy to upgrade to Gen2?

Sorry. Meant this http://www.the-jedi.co.uk/downloads/update...KANG-signed.zip. Just wanted to ensure it's not going to brick my phone as I noted the reference to an nightly (N71.5) which all work on Gen1 phones via converter.

Will upgrade to Gen2 in due course :unsure:

Guest targetbsp

Has this always been the case with CM or just recently does anyone know. I only just went to gen 2 and started at N69 and have no gone back as far as 7.0.2 and it has this issue. My battery life has always seemed great in N35 which I came from but I mostly texted. Wondering if I should go back to gen 1 and N35 before my backup goes out of date or if it would have the same problem anyway if I was making calls. And as I don't make many calls... does it even matter? :unsure:

[edit]

I see a comment about exactly this in the battery drain bug track issue from the end of March! I guess this has been the reason all along separating those of us who get days of battery life vs those who think we're making it up. We don't make many phone calls... :)

[edit2]

I wonder if you could work around this with a tasker script to kill and then relaunch the dialler on phone idle event. All I actually use Tasker for is working around CM7 bugs. It's been incredibly handy for that lol. I'll play later and report back.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest stephen m

Regarding the sensors issue. Which is the Nightly they known to work as both in N67 and N70 (inc. fixed) they are a bit temperamental