[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest shad0wboss
It all depends on how up to date the converter is kept. You probably want to be asking in that thread rather than this. :unsure: If it's updated with a new kernel then you'll get that kernel if not then you won't.

but i mean...if the kernel is not updated then that means the converter would fail because the ROM would be probably work better with the newer rom and not the older one right?

Guest kol0bok
EDIT : I've made an outbound call from my mobile to the house phone. No problems there. When I tried calling my mobile from the house phone I saw my contact details appear but there was no audible ring. I hung up and rung a second time and this time the phone rang correctly. I've noticed recently that I keep getting a missed call indicator, followed a couple of minutes later by a phone call from the same number. It seems like the phone is not ringing audibly on the first call received following some event - a reboot perhaps, or a charging event, or an elapsed period of time, or something, but this has happened three times in the last few days - an inaudible missed call followed by an audible call which I am able to answer. Is this a new bug?

Déjà vu? I had a couple of calls in the last days (using CM7-N67) where I did not hear the ring tone. I assumed that this happened because of bad network coverage but now I tested it for real and had a similar problem once: incoming call was displayed without ringing. Tried 5 or 6 times in the last hours and the effect was not reproducible anymore.

Guest tdodd
Déjà vu? I had a couple of calls in the last days (using CM7-N67) where I did not hear the ring tone. I assumed that this happened because of bad network coverage but now I tested it for real and had a similar problem once: incoming call was displayed without ringing. Tried 5 or 6 times in the last hours and the effect was not reproducible anymore.

Try rebooting. I have a feeling the first incoming call after a reboot will not ring audibly. As you say, after that it seems OK, but I'm not sure if there is any other trigger event (apart from reboot) to cause the ringer to go a bit dopey.

This may not be much of an issue once CM7 is finally of production quality and reboots are weeks or months apart, but when ROMs are being regularly installed, fiddled with and reboots occurring for various reasons daily or more often than that it is something to watch for.

Edited by tdodd

Guest dorren
Try rebooting. I have a feeling the first incoming call after a reboot will not ring audibly. As you say, after that it seems OK, but I'm not sure if there is any other trigger event (apart from reboot) to cause the ringer to go a bit dopey.

This may not be much of an issue once CM7 is finally of production quality and reboots are weeks or months apart, but when ROMs are being regularly installed, fiddled with and reboots occurring for various reasons daily or more often than that it is something to watch for.

Well II had this problem too, after a reboot it would work for a while and then suddenly no sound when ringning. So for me it was fixed by a reboot and then broke, not the other way around.

/Erik

Guest tdodd
Well II had this problem too, after a reboot it would work for a while and then suddenly no sound when ringning. So for me it was fixed by a reboot and then broke, not the other way around.

/Erik

Actually I've just remembered that this afternoon I was having a half nap on the sofa and heard a couple of notifications go off but no ringing. When I checked the phone I found there was an SMS, a missed call (which never rang) and a voicemail which was left as a result of a second call 20 minutes later, which also did not ring. Maybe the failure to ring audibly is rather more random and frequent than I realised.

Since I've only used N63 and N67, and only for a few days between them, I'm not sure how far back the bug goes or whether it is now fixed. Certainly I have not noticed it mentioned previously and now there are a few reports coming in of the problem.

Guest Sere2001

sorry in advance if I write something which is already meantioned, but I am watching the European song contest in the background, had already 2 bottles og whine, so please be not too harsh.....

what I noticed is that after installing nightly 72, everything is only in landscape mode.......kind of strange ...eben if I have display rotation enabled, nothing happens, still only landscape

come on, thats funny, but not productuive .....*cheers

Guest k0zmic
sorry in advance if I write something which is already meantioned, but I am watching the European song contest in the background, had already 2 bottles og whine, so please be not too harsh.....

what I noticed is that after installing nightly 72, everything is only in landscape mode.......kind of strange ...eben if I have display rotation enabled, nothing happens, still only landscape

come on, thats funny, but not productuive .....*cheers

Download this: http://content.wuala.com/contents/fonix232...ix-unsigned.zip

Guest leetron1

Anyone else have proximity issues with N72-fixed during calls...when I first put the handset to my ear, screen goes off as expected. If I pull the handset away then put it back to my ear, the screen stays on >> proximity doesn't seem to work fully?

Is it just me...thanks folks

Guest k0zmic
Anyone else have proximity issues with N72-fixed during calls...when I first put the handset to my ear, screen goes off as expected. If I pull the handset away then put it back to my ear, the screen stays on >> proximity doesn't seem to work fully?

Same issue. Try ticking Always Use Proximity under Call Settings.

Guest leetron1
Same issue. Try ticking Always Use Proximity under Call Settings.

Thanks..have got that checked but problem remains.. probably related to the newly merged sensor lib?

Guest k0zmic
Thanks..have got that checked but problem remains.. probably related to the newly merged sensor lib?

Probably so. Although, I'm kind of glad it behaves like this, before the proximity sensor would just prevent my phone from waking up at all so I had to pull out the battery.

Guest targetbsp

Same.

Probably so. Although, I'm kind of glad it behaves like this, before the proximity sensor would just prevent my phone from waking up at all so I had to pull out the battery.

It's not so handy when your ear touches the screen and hangs up for you though. :unsure: You likely need the in call UI off until this is fixed.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest kol0bok

/Erik

Interesting. I could reproduce it very well with rebooting - the first call was always without ringing. Then I discovered the entry in N70 changelog:

"telephony: Fix ringing race condition (android_frameworks_base)". A race explains the randomness of this behavior very well. And after upgrading the issue seems to be gone for me.

But I have the permanent landscape orientation problem now. Let's see whether the fix mentioned above will fix it.

Guest k0zmic
Same.

It's not so handy when your ear touches the screen and hangs up for you though. :unsure: You likely need the in call UI off until this is fixed.

Hasn't hung up for me yet, then again I barely use calling so it doesn't really matter. Thanks for that suggestion.

Oh and do you know how the .35 Kernel is progressing? I'm still optimistic that it'll squash a few of the little bugs that remain.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest KACE_231

I havent got proximity issues and I have tested several times by moving my ear towards and away from the phone several times, very responsive proximity sensor, didn't fail once.

I use sej7278 fixed nightly CM7 n72

Edited by KACE_231

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Same bug here with the proximity sensor during call. Screen turn Off first time but still On if I move the handset away. Using n72 fixed.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest mby2j

Quick question, I am on the stable release, if I want to update to n72 do I have to do a complete wipe/factory reset or can I simply upgrade using clockwork?

Guest targetbsp
I havent got proximity issues and I have tested several times by moving my ear towards and away from the phone several times, very responsive proximity sensor, didn't fail once.

I use sej7278 fixed nightly CM7 n72

Interesting! I'm using Fonix232's. What about the rest of you guys with the proximity problem? I might try Sej7278's version tomorrow then though I;d ahve though they'd be pretty much the same?

Guest Fou-lu
Interesting! I'm using Fonix232's. What about the rest of you guys with the proximity problem? I might try Sej7278's version tomorrow then though I;d ahve though they'd be pretty much the same?

+1

tested and also have it using fonix's.

Guest tomasvilda

I'm using my own latest compiled version with "slide revert" and have the same proximity bug in call.

Guest wakaru

Could somebody confirm the MD5Sum for the fixed N72 version provided by Fonix please:

3e1193716b61b168244031a6e487454f *cm_blade_full-72-fixed.zip

I've installed it and it seems to behave oddly, with a couple of screen freezes and FC's.

Thanks.

Guest targetbsp
Could somebody confirm the MD5Sum for the fixed N72 version provided by Fonix please:

3e1193716b61b168244031a6e487454f *cm_blade_full-72-fixed.zip

I've installed it and it seems to behave oddly, with a couple of screen freezes and FC's.

Thanks.

What version did you come from? I had a lot of FC's coming from my 7.0.2 backup but from my newer N69 backup it was fine. I suspect somewhere along the line there has been a need for a wipe.

Guest wakaru
What version did you come from? I had a lot of FC's coming from my 7.0.2 backup but from my newer N69 backup it was fine. I suspect somewhere along the line there has been a need for a wipe.

Actually, this is my first installation of CyanogenMod, I have TPTed to upgrade to Gen2, wiped dalvik, cache and data, and then installed the cm_blade_full-72-fixed.zip through clockwork recovery afterwards.

Prior to this installation I was a happy Japanesse Jellyfish RLS9 user. Based on the feedback other users have given in the forum I decided to jump into CyanogenMod.

Edited by wakaru

Guest targetbsp

There's a kernel update related to fixing this sliding issue that looks to have been added only very recently such that I presume our self compiled versions don't have it... :unsure: