[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest fonix232

Try if the proximity bug persists if you switch 'Automatic backlight' off!

Most probably the cause is the new libsensor, as from a hardware fault, it can not run proximity and light sensor at the same time.

Guest sej7278
There's a kernel update related to fixing this sliding issue that looks to have been added only very recently such that I presume our self compiled versions don't have it... :unsure:

yup, looks like the slide revert has finally been merged, as well as some kernel change related to it:

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade

so n73 should be pretty much golden - except dialler battery drain.

Guest targetbsp
Try if the proximity bug persists if you switch 'Automatic backlight' off!

Most probably the cause is the new libsensor, as from a hardware fault, it can not run proximity and light sensor at the same time.

That fixes it :unsure: Thanks!

Guest hedgepigdaniel
yup, looks like the slide revert has finally been merged, as well as some kernel change related to it:

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade

so n73 should be pretty much golden - except dialler battery drain.

The kernel change is meant to make the Blade play nice with the slide commit - so presumeably that will be unreverted soon.

Guest AdwiL

Sensor activity bug seems to still be there, but I really don't understand why it hasn't been fixed yet. The simplest solution would be to disable sensors when screen is locked, we won't use them anyway. Another strange thing with sensors I discovered is that not only Dialer is using them while phone is asleep, Spare Parts is showing also Android System (which was there before) and Gameloft NOVA, which I played for maybe 30 minutes and according to SP+ it has been using sensor for 4h+. I don't know why but after playing NOVA sometimes shows up in running processes until I reboot my phone.

Guest sej7278
Sensor activity bug seems to still be there, but I really don't understand why it hasn't been fixed yet. The simplest solution would be to disable sensors when screen is locked, we won't use them anyway. Another strange thing with sensors I discovered is that not only Dialer is using them while phone is asleep, Spare Parts is showing also Android System (which was there before) and Gameloft NOVA, which I played for maybe 30 minutes and according to SP+ it has been using sensor for 4h+. I don't know why but after playing NOVA sometimes shows up in running processes until I reboot my phone.

i think sensors has to be on when in standby to detect an incoming call/text/notification or something? otherwise yes you could turn them off until the power button is pressed to wake the phone.

i guess "android system" using the sensors could be down to the new sensor libs, but dialler is an old issue nobody seems to have addressed - not even aosp/google. i wonder if we could revert to the old 2.3.3 dialler?

Guest mELIANTE
i think sensors has to be on when in standby to detect an incoming call/text/notification or something? otherwise yes you could turn them off until the power button is pressed to wake the phone.

i guess "android system" using the sensors could be down to the new sensor libs, but dialler is an old issue nobody seems to have addressed - not even aosp/google. i wonder if we could revert to the old 2.3.3 dialler?

The dialler high battery usage was not introduced with 2.3.4 but only gained visibility recently. I reported it first in the battery drain issue, in issues tracker, in the end of March.

Guest AdwiL

(...)

I don't think so, because calls and messeages worked normally on N68, N69, N70 and N71 and those builds don't have sensor support at all. Checked on unprotected (by PIN Code) SIM Card.

Anyway:

Is there a possibility to remove Android 2.3.4 Dialer and use one from Android 2.2? Or even some 3rd party dialer app?

EDIT:

I don't have time to wait for next CM build so I've compiled my own version from current sources and now trying to use dialer and contacts from Sweedish Spring ROM. I'll report to you how it went.

EDIT2:

Hmm, currently compiled by typing:

. build/envsetup.sh && brunch blade
But it seems to compile only CM 7.0.3 (got file "update-cm-7.0.3-Blade-KANG-signed.zip") What should I type to compile latest nightly? EDIT3: Ok, figured it out (please confirm):
. build/envsetup.sh && brunch zte_blade-userdebug

EDIT4:

Blade CM7 Nightly 73 just arrived :unsure:

Edited by AdwiL

Guest lordofangels

N73 is out, should have the landscape bug fixed, Thanks Tom

edit...landscape, sensors fixed, thank you too Tom and Jacob a great build :unsure:

Edited by lordofangels

Guest Psyloid
Anyway:

Is there a possibility to remove Android 2.3.4 Dialer and use one from Android 2.2? Or even some 3rd party dialer app?

dunno bout the 2.2 dialer, but you can install the excellent touchpal dialer and uninstall the stock one

Guest Psyloid
N73 is out, should have the landscape bug fixed, Thanks Tom

edit...landscape, sensors fixed, thank you too Tom and Jacob a great build :unsure:

Nice !!!

Guest sej7278
But it seems to compile only CM 7.0.3 (got file "update-cm-7.0.3-Blade-KANG-signed.zip")

What should I type to compile latest nightly?

sounds like you need to do a "repo sync" to get the latest sources.

Guest supermies123

Is there any other issues left in CM7 than GPS reboot?

Battery Drain, Accelerometer, Screen Blank, Touch Screen, Random shutdown, Shutdown while Charging fixed?

And another question, what is latest version of GAPPS and where to download it?

Guest rishie

Did anybody notice, the proximity sensor just shuts off the display and puts it back only once during a call. I was calling a friend and put the SFO near my ear, and the screen was off, and I took the SFO away from the ear, screen came back, but again I put it back it doesnot go off.

BTW, Mine is OLED Gen1 converted to Gen2 running N73.

Guest sej7278
Did anybody notice, the proximity sensor just shuts off the display and puts it back only once during a call. I was calling a friend and put the SFO near my ear, and the screen was off, and I took the SFO away from the ear, screen came back, but again I put it back it doesnot go off.

just tested and it works on my oled-g1, it didn't go off one time, but tht might be because i was trying to watch the screen so it wasn't close enough to my ear!

i've just tried installing "go contacts" to use as a replacement dialler, and i can confirm there is no battery drain or sensor usage when using it to receive calls.

as soon as i uninstalled and went back to the stock dialler, and in "spare parts" the sensor/wake usage is creeping up and in "battery use" voice calls jumped by 10%

Guest manji

Regarding the Dialler, can't we just use the dialer from 2.3.0 or similar? At least I don'tremember the first version having this issue.

Guest tdodd

I've wiped and installed N73 and restored only apps and app data with Titanium Backup. So far I've had....

- Two Force closes, one in ADW, one in something else, which I've forgotten. The ADW FC led me back to the beginning with the "click the Android to begin" scenario

- The compass is utterly clueless and needed re-calibrating, for which I used GPS Status - fine if you have it, not so fine if you just expect to install and go.

- I used Maps and Navigation just within the confines of my property. Position updates are seconds apart and appear jerky when I move around the garden, whereas with stock Eclair I'm sure the updates were smoother/more frequent. I got a reboot while using Maps, having just exited Nav.

- Usually, once a sat lock is achieved, Nav will start babbling directions. So far nothing but stony silence. I'll need to get on the road to check that properly, but the behaviour seems odd.

On the plus side the ringer worked first time. :unsure:

On a side note, having restored apps from Titanium they are no longer linked to the market. The market sees that they are installed but does not list any of them as one of "my apps". I don't know whether I will get notified of updates to the apps. I know this is not a CM question, but can anyone help me fix this little hiccup? Thanks.

Guest sej7278
Regarding the Dialler, can't we just use the dialer from 2.3.0 or similar? At least I don'tremember the first version having this issue.

you might get the dreaded turn-to-mute bug then though (or was that 2.3.2?)

as was pointed out earlier and seems to be a common misconception - the dialler was buggy before 2.3.4, definitely 2.3.3 had battery/sensor issues.

we just need someone to fix it - and i don't think its down to the cyanogenmod guys, its down to google/aosp.

i'm not seeing gps reboot issue in n73 like some are btw - that was fixed ages ago, maybe people need to do a data/factory wipe, not just dalvik?

tdodd - titanium is shite, that's probably what caused all your issues - just wipe everything and restore apps using market and manually restore data.

Edited by sej7278

Guest AdwiL
sounds like you need to do a "repo sync" to get the latest sources.

Hmm, so the command ending with 'brunch blade' is correct? I've synced repo just before compilation. Maybe there are different repos for stable and nightly builds?

I have used:

repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread

Could you provide repo link that you've used?