[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest AdwiL

@leetron1

More infor please, did you uninstalled stock Dialer? If yes what is using sensors? Dialer One or just Android System?

Guest targetbsp

For me, after a clean boot and a call to my answerphone using Go Contacts, Spare Parts is still reporting a climbing dialer sensor use.

Guest k0zmic
For me, after a clean boot and a call to my answerphone using Go Contacts, Spare Parts is still reporting a climbing dialer sensor use.

Darn, can you try freeze it via Titanium Backup and see what happens?

Guest Len Ash
Flashed #73. My first nightly since #63 because of the accelorometre bugs.

Everything seems to work!

Sweeping statement! Perhaps everything you use/have tried?

Autobrightness still FUBAR, WiFi reconnects no way.... strange USB storage behaviour... battery use seems OK, but sudden apparent reductions still there. Camera exposure wrong. GPS notification "sticks" in status bar, some notifications don't appear at all.....

Still, nice to use (with all the bling removed) and it's certainly getting there.

Guest sej7278

oh bugger, that's me on the s*** list for the issues tracker then!

i wonder why it didn't even register on spare parts for me until i went back to stock.....

what about battery usage - gocontacts was 4% then stock jumped to 11% or something.

edit: there's some interesting ideas (comment #52) on the issue tracker now, although i think they've all already been solved: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3175

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp
Darn, can you try freeze it via Titanium Backup and see what happens?

The in call UI is exactly the same. I suspect these dialer replacements are just front ends for the main dialer. And freezing it would be bad... :unsure:

Guest k0zmic
The in call UI is exactly the same. I suspect these dialer replacements are just front ends for the main dialer. And freezing it would be bad... :unsure:

Probably. But then, how does Swedish Spring have the ZTE Dialer as a complete replacement to the Stock/AOSP one that has to be flashed?

Guest targetbsp
Sweeping statement! Perhaps everything you use/have tried?

Autobrightness still FUBAR, WiFi reconnects no way.... strange USB storage behaviour... battery use seems OK, but sudden apparent reductions still there. Camera exposure wrong. GPS notification "sticks" in status bar, some notifications don't appear at all.....

Still, nice to use (with all the bling removed) and it's certainly getting there.

This only looks bad because we have a handy list of all it's issues. If you wrote down every issue that any user had with every other rom I bet none of them would be much better. :unsure: And IMO, none of them have been close to as good since about 2 weeks into CM7 :)

Interesting to see some ppl having the GPS bug in the new Nightlies.

I'm having them in N68: with the GPS on, sometimes the phone just reboots.

I will try to collect some last_kmsg so that a proper Issue can be opened.

Guest sej7278
Interesting to see some ppl having the GPS bug in the new Nightlies.

I'm having them in N68: with the GPS on, sometimes the phone just reboots.

I will try to collect some last_kmsg so that a proper Issue can be opened.

which gps app - is it aura? as they seem to be having issues with that over on the cyanogenmod forums

i don't have a problem with igo or google maps.

Edited by sej7278

which gps app - is it aura? as they seem to be having issues with that over on the cyanogenmod forums

or just google maps etc?

Is not a specific app. Most of the times I turn GPS on for foursquare. Yesterday I used the GPS for navigation (maps) and it didn't crash, later in the day, it rebooted once when I started 4sq, then alone again right after rebooting (not had time to start a new app). After the second reboot, it crashed again when I turned 4sq on.

I turned GPS off, and used Wifi/CellTower to submit to foursquare.

I'm not convinced that the bug is in 4sq, I truly believe that is a GPS problem, but I'll try to recreate the bug in order analyze the logs!

Guest Len Ash
This only looks bad because we have a handy list of all it's issues. If you wrote down every issue that any user had with every other rom I bet none of them would be much better. :unsure: And IMO, none of them have been close to as good since about 2 weeks into CM7 :)

Poster made misleading (for newcomers) claims.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest supermies123

I'm worried about these reboot issues, can they even be fixed for Blade when Android 2.3 is not meant to be on Blade phones? And what about Compass, it doesn't point right direction in Maps at least for me.

Edited by supermies123

Guest fonix232
I'm worried about these reboot issues, can they even be fixed for Blade when Android 2.3 is not meant to be on Blade phones? And what about Compass, it doesn't point right direction in Maps at least for me.

Lol there's no such thing as "not meant for a given device or devices" in Android. The reboot issues are mostly because ZTE badword the s*** up with their modifications (kernel and AOSP-wide), and we have to try and test if one works or not. All the bugs will be fixed sooner or later!

Guest Snipperdag

I'm a little confused now, I decided to give N73 a go and replace my N67. Rebooted to CWM 3.0.2.7 , wiped Dalvik and Data/Factory Settings and installed zip as normal from the SD card.

However.. when the rom booted I had the market installed, and I haven't installed gapps yet. So I went back into recovery, repeated the wipe of Dalvik and Data and hit reboot.

It boots back up CM7 complete with market once more. Its the 051142011 version showing but have I lost the ability to wipe data or did I totally miss something?

No other apps are present.. but how do I still have a rom and a market :unsure:

Guest k0zmic
I'm a little confused now, I decided to give N73 a go and replace my N67. Rebooted to CWM 3.0.2.7 , wiped Dalvik and Data/Factory Settings and installed zip as normal from the SD card.

However.. when the rom booted I had the market installed, and I haven't installed gapps yet. So I went back into recovery, repeated the wipe of Dalvik and Data and hit reboot.

It boots back up CM7 complete with market once more. Its the 051142011 version showing but have I lost the ability to wipe data or did I totally miss something?

I think You have to wipe the system partition manually through Mounts and Storage in CWM as Data/Factory reset doesn't nor does CM7 when installing it.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Oyorf

I have GPS reboot issue with N72 and I had it with N61. I hope this will be fixed because it's the only thing left anymore to make this perfect.

Edited by Oyorf

Guest ColdEmbrace
I have GPS reboot issue with N72 and I had it with N61. I hope this will be fixed because it's the only thing left anymore to make this perfect.

Have you tried N73 people are finding it more reliable that onther nightlies

Guest Oyorf
Have you tried N73 people are finding it more reliable that onther nightlies

Actually I ment N73. Just typed wrong. It's not happening everytime I use gps, but sometimes. And this time the problem is that phone reboots just when I open google maps if gps is enabled.

Guest hugobosslives

to do a full wipe you must go to,"mounts and storage " and hit format system. your market is probs installed into the system. a data wipe only wipes /data (funny that)

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest ColdEmbrace
to do a full wipe you must go to,"mounts and storage " and hit format system. your market is probs installed into the system. a data wipe only wipes /data (funny that)

Doesn't the factory reset wipe everything except davlik

Guest hugobosslives

kinda. it does a few things like cache, SD ext partitions and data etc (it tells you what it doesbif you watch the green text when you do it) it does not wipe system (where the rom is installed). the only way (in clockwork) to fully wipe system is to format it.

if you installed market as a gapp through clockwork into the system partition it will stay unless its overwritten or formatted.

Guest sej7278

anyone noticed its taking a couple of attempts to boot into recovery these days?

every time i try to backup my current rom or install a new one, the phone reboots (very slowly) and i have to try again - then it works on the 2nd attempt.

rommanager premium 4.2.02, clockworkmod recovery 3.2.0.7, cyanogenmod7 nightly 73 (and at least n67/71 had the issue)

Edited by sej7278