[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest ColdEmbrace
anyone noticed its taking a couple of attempts to boot into recovery these days?

every time i try to backup my current rom or install a new one, the phone reboots (very slowly) and i have to try again - then it works on the 2nd attempt.

rommanager premium 4.2.02, clockworkmod recovery 3.2.0.7, cyanogenmod7 nightly 73 (and at least n67/71 had the issue)

I use the reboot function of CM7 to boot into recovery then manually backup

Guest mELIANTE

So, is the dialler still high in the battery usage stats? I installed n73 about 3:30h ago, already had an incoming phone call and tried an outgoing one (wasn't answered) and the dialler is still off the list in battery usage...

Guest sej7278
I use the reboot function of CM7 to boot into recovery then manually backup

seems pretty intermittent - i just reflashed 3027 from rommanager and rebooted into recovery just fine from rommanager

but turning the phone off and then holding down vol+ and power (and even menu) still doesn't work after six attempts (even after pulling the battery).

i can't see any option in cyanogenmod - holding down the power button gives me the menu, but that just has reboot, not reboot into recovery......?

i'm just worried if i ever bricked the thing, i wouldn't be able to get into recovery

UPDATE: well this is weird - HOME and vol+ work for me - not MENU and vol+ or just vol+.....

vol+ on its own definitely worked with stock 2.1 as well as mcr12, maybe the tpt-gen2-cm702-n57 changed it?

Edited by sej7278

Guest Fou-lu
seems pretty intermittent - i just reflashed 3027 from rommanager and rebooted into recovery just fine from rommanager

but turning the phone off and then holding down vol+ and power (and even menu) still doesn't work after six attempts (even after pulling the battery).

i can't see any option in cyanogenmod - holding down the power button gives me the menu, but that just has reboot, not reboot into recovery......?

i'm just worried if i ever bricked the thing, i wouldn't be able to get into recovery

UPDATE: well this is weird - HOME and vol+ work for me - not MENU and vol+ or just vol+.....

vol+ on its own definitely worked with stock 2.1 as well as mcr12, maybe the tpt-gen2-cm702-n57 changed it?

to reboot into recovery? it's vol "-" not "+"

Guest sej7278
to reboot into recovery? it's vol "-" not "+"

lol that works too, i thought vol- went into the factory reset thing?

rommanager is rebooting into recovery fine now too, i'll check again next time i flash/backup.

Edited by sej7278

Guest pellonet
So, is the dialler still high in the battery usage stats? I installed n73 about 3:30h ago, already had an incoming phone call and tried an outgoing one (wasn't answered) and the dialler is still off the list in battery usage...

When making observations about performance issues, could everyone please stick to Plain English as even although I have a VERY good command of my own language, I find statements like this to be confusing;

Does your observation mean;

1. The usage is extremely high.

2. The usage is so low that it does not register.

Not a complaint or a snipe at the poster but with the very international following we have here it is best to be clear about what you meant.

Guest psidoc

Just to throw another variable into the pot re: sensor useage.

Below is my sensor useage screen grab. Yes the dialer is there as I have used the phone 4 or 5 times today, but what concerns me is the useage by Copilot Live. In terms of real time use it's been setup and used to get a GPS fix as a test to confirm it's working ok. No more than 10 mins max, but as you can see the sensor useage is quite extreme. I'd also like to know what asphalt 5 is doing there as well as that's been used for 1 single race (about 5 mins) to test the accellerometer and the screen frame rate.

Psi

post-829896-1305478916_thumb.png

Edited by psidoc

Guest derharne

Installed N72 yesterday and can find no faults at all. Everything appears to be working perfectly the best Rom I've tried and I've tried loads.

Guest mELIANTE
When making observations about performance issues, could everyone please stick to Plain English as even although I have a VERY good command of my own language, I find statements like this to be confusing;

Does your observation mean;

1. The usage is extremely high.

2. The usage is so low that it does not register.

Not a complaint or a snipe at the poster but with the very international following we have here it is best to be clear about what you meant.

Ops, didn't remember that it could be interpreted as "off the charts". I mean it's absent and, the way I see it, off=absent. Your post might not have been a snipe, but surely sounded like one :unsure:

So, in short, dialler is not appearing in battery usage list.

Guest k0zmic
Just to throw another variable into the pot re: sensor useage.

Below is my sensor useage screen grab. Yes the dialer is there as I have used the phone 4 or 5 times today, but what concerns me is the useage by Copilot Live. In terms of real time use it's been setup and used to get a GPS fix as a test to confirm it's working ok. No more than 10 mins max, but as you can see the sensor useage is quite extreme. I'd also like to know what asphalt 5 is doing there as well as that's been used for 1 single race (about 5 mins) to test the accellerometer and the screen frame rate.

Psi

post-829896-1305478916_thumb.png

Maybe it's to do with the auto-brightness sensor or accelerometer.

Guest Fou-lu
Installed N72 yesterday and can find no faults at all. Everything appears to be working perfectly the best Rom I've tried and I've tried loads.

"buggy CM7" is no more, as stable as the best 2.2 around!

Guest Cobble

So has the charging bug definitely gone?

Edited by Cobble

Guest pellonet
Ops, didn't remember that it could be interpreted as "off the charts". I mean it's absent and, the way I see it, off=absent. Your post might not have been a snipe, but surely sounded like one :unsure:

So, in short, dialler is not appearing in battery usage list.

OK, I will agree to be less pedantic if you agree to be less sensitive, thanks for the clarification. :)

Guest mELIANTE
OK, I will agree to be less pedantic if you agree to be less sensitive, thanks for the clarification. :)

Agreed :P

One additional info, i did a FULL wipe. Only recovery and sdcard were not wiped, for obvious reasons :unsure:

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest Kthulhu

Let's not confuse everybody:

CM7 is relatively stable, imporving every day but still has some bugs. That is why we are testing nightlys every day :unsure:

There are a number of 2.2 roms that are spotless in all types of devices.

Guest Len Ash

CM7 is relatively stable, imporving every day but still has some bugs. That is why we are testing nightlys every day :unsure:

+1

Guest yamahaxjr
yup, that went a couple of nightlys ago.

I donĀ“t think so. My Blade is is charging from laptop, but not from normal way from the wall. So there is still one big question to solve. Good luck.

Guest Fou-lu

No rom is spotless, the little bugs that are left almost all have simple workarounds, "stable" = no crashes, reboots, and day to day use, so it is fully stable, not perfectly spotless, and probably never will be.

i wrote that because many still think it's as buggy as hell when it absolutely isn't.

After 2.3.4 everything changed.

@yamahaxjr

what nightly?

USB charging is fixed on bug tracker.

Edited by Fou-lu

Guest targetbsp
+1

After having disagreed with your opinion of CM7 many times in the past, even I'm with you on that post overstating the stability of CM7 a tad. :unsure:

Edited by targetbsp

Guest AdwiL

@yamahaxjr

Does your problem appear in other roms? If it does then check your 'wall' charger with other device and also check your device on other charger. Try to reinstall rom using not only wipe data/cache/dalvik but also try to go (in Recovery) into mounts and storage and format /system then install zip with CM7.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Does anyone else get the "disspearing menu/list/content" issue?

I've had it for quite a while now, cant say I know when it began...

Basically, after a while of the phone being booted/used (normally), menu do not appear until you toggle the keyboard!

This is particularly annoying as it also occurs with the "power off/reboot/aeroplane mode" menu - and keyboard toggling doesnt work there!

Luckily I know where most buttons are and so touching the relevant place on the screen still makes it function properly :unsure:

This is fixed by rebooting, only to appear a few hours later O.o

Guest Fou-lu
Does anyone else get the "disspearing menu/list/content" issue?

I've had it for quite a while now, cant say I know when it began...

Basically, after a while of the phone being booted/used (normally), menu do not appear until you toggle the keyboard!

This is particularly annoying as it also occurs with the "power off/reboot/aeroplane mode" menu - and keyboard toggling doesnt work there!

Luckily I know where most buttons are and so touching the relevant place on the screen still makes it function properly :unsure:

This is fixed by rebooting, only to appear a few hours later O.o

This was fixed in 2.3.4, black screen bug on menu, what nightly you on?

have never happened again since N67+

Guest sej7278
I donĀ“t think so. My Blade is is charging from laptop, but not from normal way from the wall. So there is still one big question to solve. Good luck.

its not a white model by any chance is it?

my sister's gen1 on froyo displayed that behaviour - it would charge but never get anywhere near 100%, also it wasn't great from her laptop either.

now she charges from the back of her desktop pc and it charges fine - not enough juice on front/laptop connectors i guess, dunno why wall charger doesn't work though.

only trouble i ever had with my grey oled gen1 on froyo is when using a car charger - the battery percentage seem to drop rather than increase lol. not tried on cm7 (now gen2) though.