[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest _amano
Lol. You have brought up the hidden dockbar by sliding your finger up at the bottom. This is for more shortcuts. Just slide your finger down at the bottom where the dock would be :unsure:

In my opinion this feature should be off by default. When this happens for the first time (disappearing without the user wanting it to disappear) most people will think that the dockbar has crashed. It isn't intuitive at all and even if you know that it hasn't crashed, it isn't evident how you can bring the dockbar on the bottom back.

What do you think? Shall we file a bug against the general CyanogenMod or ADW?

Other things:

- With the hissing bug fixed the battery drain is much more bearable again. I cannot see that the dialer is consuming too much power.

-Couldn't get GPS to crash yesterday (even playing around a lot with compass and google maps).

Are there certain steps to easily reproduce those issues?

Edited by _amano

Guest fonix232
A day with n73:

+Fast

+All the tweaks of CM

+Correct routing of audio with Skype, SIP accounts

+OpenVPN

- GPS reboots / once with Maps, once with OSMAND /

- cannot stop wireless / battery drains drastically /

- 4 hours - 40 percent battery drain - no 3G, no Dialer drain

- Gapps problems - missing Maps, etc.

- Last but not least: NO FM RADIO SUPPORT - ridiculous / Maybe We MUST meet CM and Androko ???? / !!!

Conclusion: Back to SS5

- Wireless can be stopped for me, try again, wipe, etc. Maybe one of your apps caused this!

- I had no reboots with GPS

- That 4 hour 40% drain must be caused by continuously using the phone - WiFi off, etc? Or maybe an app stucked in RAM and was keeping a wakelock!

- Gapps - well CM comes with a basic set of Gapps - only login and market is built in. Why? Because all other apps will be updated (Market too but it's needed for installing the others), and such they would consume double the space. They also think about other devices too - what have a lot smaller built in NAND memory. Oh and also this way you only get the apps you really need - like if you don't want the voice dialer, or GMail, you won't download it.

- No FM radio: Tom_G is already working on that. There was a plan about an FM radio framework, but it was dropped. The devs were waiting for that if it gets merged, so their work can be made a lot easier. Well it did not get merged so Tom and Jacob have to write everything from the beginning.

Guest MidaMilunk
Not necessary. The problem is nightlies only (right?) and nightly bugs are not allowed on the issue tracker. Also, devs are well aware of the problem.

What is the "dialer bug" exactly? I haven't got any problems using DialerOne, stock dialer is a trash IMHO, so I have never used that.

The GPS reboots AFAIK also happens with 7.0.3, but not for really sure. There were the "charging" bug before N60, os stg like this, so there was no way to use 7.0.3 for mora than 24 hours.

My phone is "gen2ized" by the reversible way. Do anyone think it can be connected to the GPS bug, or this one also happens for those who use original, or officially Gen2ized phones?

Guest Fou-lu
yeah.... but I can't make it go away deliberately and I can't make it come back deliberately either. Rebooting is quicker.

huh? slide your finger up were the dock supposed to be is way quicker than rebooting,

Original ADW sucks anyway, try gingerbread launcher, launcher pro or go launcher.

Damnit! forgot about the hissing bug and during the night lost from 80% to 40% battery!

I'll upgrade to the latest Nightly and start looking into the GPS bug.

Guest targetbsp
In my opinion this feature should be off by default. When this happens for the first time (disappearing without the user wanting it to disappear) most people will think that the dockbar has crashed. It isn't intuitive at all and even if you know that it hasn't crashed, it isn't evident how you can bring the dockbar on the bottom back.

What do you think? Shall we file a bug against the general CyanogenMod or ADW?

Other things:

- With the hissing bug fixed the battery drain is much more bearable again. I cannot see that the dialer is consuming too much power.

-Couldn't get GPS to crash yesterday (even playing around a lot with compass and google maps).

Are there certain steps to easily reproduce those issues?

I think its ADW's defaults rather than CM's. I seem to recall having it until I turned it off and I use EX - not the stock launcher.

What is the "dialer bug" exactly? I haven't got any problems using DialerOne, stock dialer is a trash IMHO, so I have never used that.

After you've made a voice call the dialer will use the sensors continuously draining the battery faster than should happen. Using a third party dialer does not avoid this.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest clivec

I've been on 7.0.3 stable and all nightlies up till n74 today, and all is good now, the only thing I've noticed that seems to be constantly the same and not quite fixed for me is the camera, it seems to constantly be searching for the correct exposure and in darker light levels, by which I mean indoors as opposed to night, the colours seem a bit off, blue and green hue. Just wondering if it's just me or not summat that's been spoken of much really? I know that on any 2.2 or 2.1 rom it's fine.

Guest Android.Fan

Has anybody noticed this SIP call bug? It is related to SIP call receiving when screen is off.

First of all it was a pleasant surprise that Blade keeps WiFi alive, when screen is OFF and WiFi sleep policy is set to Never, without any patch or third party software. I noticed it on this ROM compiled by one user to fix Landscape issue. Its build is something like RC0-KANG. It may be the same on the latest nightly. BUT it only keeps WiFi alive when Receive Incoming SIP call is activated. When Receive Incoming SIP call is deactivated the phone cuts WiFi communication despite WiFi sleep policy set to Never.

The problem is you receive a SIP call when screen is on. When screen is off the phone receives a SIP call, rings once and then rejects the call showing a miss call notification BUT the caller keeps listening as if the phone is ringing.

Guest Grimthorpe
yeah.... but I can't make it go away deliberately and I can't make it come back deliberately either. Rebooting is quicker.

I've had the same thing happened on N71 and N73. My son found a better answer which was to add a Launcher action of open/close dockbar.

The last time it disappeared it was when I had a missed call.

Guest daizoe

Yo! I bought my ZTE Blade four days ago - Installed cyanogen mod 7.0.3 nightly I think.

And batter is now empty after 15 hours. And I have barely even used the phone.. Maybe played 5 min angry birds and max 10min in market downloading stuffs..

Is the battery supposed to be this bad?

Guest sej7278
I've been on 7.0.3 stable and all nightlies up till n74 today, and all is good now, the only thing I've noticed that seems to be constantly the same and not quite fixed for me is the camera, it seems to constantly be searching for the correct exposure and in darker light levels, by which I mean indoors as opposed to night, the colours seem a bit off, blue and green hue. Just wondering if it's just me or not summat that's been spoken of much really? I know that on any 2.2 or 2.1 rom it's fine.

the camera on the blade is useless, on 2.1 stock, 2.2 mcr12 and 2.3.4 cm7 its always been too dark indoors even during the day.

Guest shad0wboss

Is it only me or some sort of similar issue had been reported that in nightlies > 57ish, the cpu (camera, sd card) part seems to become so hot that it can actually burn your finger if you place it there for 5 sec after 2 minutes of heavy gaming without any overclock....

Really need to look into this because it seems as if latest CM7 drivers are seem to be pushing the hardware to its limits which can drastically reduce the life of the hardware...i was on N20 and didn't have this problem...it seems like this problem started from 2.3.4 if i'm correct..

Guest k0zmic
Yo! I bought my ZTE Blade four days ago - Installed cyanogen mod 7.0.3 nightly I think.

And batter is now empty after 15 hours. And I have barely even used the phone.. Maybe played 5 min angry birds and max 10min in market downloading stuffs..

Is the battery supposed to be this bad?

Read the past pages, there's a battery drain bug

Guest daizoe
Read the past pages, there's a battery drain bug

I've read it now..

Well, lets assume I have the drainbug. That's still only 21% = 3 hours of battery time. Which means I totally got around 18 hours batterytime, aint that kinda horrible?

Think I read about people having around 48 hours.

Guest sej7278

yeah people who aren't making any phonecalls!

i'm getting really fed up of all the "48 hours of battery life, there is no drain bug" people, when they haven't even triggered the bug lol.

i can get 1% battery drain per hour with the phone on standby if i haven't launched the dialler, goes down to 3-5% per hour after that though.

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
I've read it now..

Well, lets assume I have the drainbug. That's still only 21% = 3 hours of battery time. Which means I totally got around 18 hours batterytime, aint that kinda horrible?

Mine's at 54% after 4d 22h 9m right now :unsure:

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4

i'm getting really fed up of all the "48 hours of battery life, there is no drain bug" people, when they haven't even triggered the bug lol.

i can get 1% battery drain per hour with the phone on standby if i haven't launched the dialler, goes down to 3-5% per hour after that though.

Not true, I do make phonecalls (albeit not that many over the weekend, admittedly),

a bit of market activity from time to time, but not playing any games.

Interestingly enough "Gallery" appeared as one of the top battery drainers recently,

with 21% right now, absolutely no idea why ...

Guest daizoe

Just saying; 16h 30m and my phone died.

Usage:

32% Android-system

28% Screen

21% Dial (even though I havent dialled once since early in the morning yesterday)

Let's remove those 21% (the drain bug) from 16h 30min.

Gives me around 19hours battery time. And the only thing i've done is downloading some programs (max 6min).. And played angry bird around 5min.

Edited by daizoe

Guest Grain

I think the libaudio drain bug is not completely fixed yet. As a workaround, press Vol+ once after calls. Otherwise it seems the handset loudspeaker stays on.

Mine's at 54% after 4d 22h 9m right now :unsure:

That was with airplane mode at night, right? Barely something that's valid for others. With very light use you can get about four days typically.

Interestingly enough "Gallery" appeared as one of the top battery drainers recently, with 21% right now, absolutely no idea why ...

Detailed battery stats are often just wrong.

One GPS reboot in N74. Tried to make it reboot after that with logcat on but no luck.

I don't understand. You tried to reboot after a reboot? Or did you actually see a *shutdown*? If the phone just shuts down randomly that's probably the "emergency shutdown triggered by wrong battery temperature readings" bug - which is unrelated to GPS.

Guest _amano

Daizoe: Please update to a current Nightly Build before complaining about anything. The code in 7.0.3 (7.0.3 = 7.0.2 plus one additional security fix) is pretty old now and many issues have been fixed since that. Even some battery drainage caused by the sound system not going to sleep.

All your statistics are completely useless when not done on a current ROM.

Edited by _amano